skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

That was a pretty interesting sum up of your character Bloo, it would be cool if some of the other veteran members did that too, would certainly be a good read.

FireHunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

I entered the thread for the humorous timing, but I don't tend to enjoy portraying it in tongue-in-cheek scenarios, hence why I dropped out. Regardless, I linked my character's backstory by having the regeneration thing, which is how I've explained the same Xenomorph being in so many different scenarios over such a long time (The earliest that it goes back is the construction of Big Ben, which was a spar) Although I omitted some of the earlier RPGs that I was in because my character was quite different at that point and some ridiculous things happened, including, I'm pretty sure, a metamorphosis into a PredQueen at the end of that RPG where Assassin went crazy. Don't judge me, I must have been around thirteen at the time, maybe fifteen, I'm not sure.

Regardless I might write up a summary at some point, because Bloo's was interesting to read. Though he's a much better writer than I am.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 10 years ago

@Krio: you can't fight because the rule says so. If you break the rule, you cease to be part of the scenario. You are forced to chose between not fighting and not being there. You can hate absolutely everyone in that room, but you can't attack them.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

It seems like there's no convincing him. No hard feelings, though, he's not forced to keep going if he doesn't want to. I'm glad he at least understands why I write the way I do, though.

@SR: Wow, thanks man, although it could have been written better (and with more detail) since that was written on the fly.

@FH: I'm probably at fault for the way a lot of members have taken the sarcastic/humorous path of writing rather than the traditional serious one. I'm glad people like you still keep up "the old ways" - I'm sure people like Dave, Iseijin and Crow would disapprove of how nonsensically I write my character.

I can write seriously, too (like when I killed myself in PoN), but experimenting in fuckass debauchery is more entertaining to me.

My style will probably mellow out the further we go into this pseudo-RPG.

FireHunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

I think the actual mindset of your character is perfect for a Xenomorph, they're supposed to be terrifying sexual creatures, but translating their thoughts and whatnot doesn't settle with me at all, which is why I don't do it. Doesn't mean you guys can't, I'm just explaining why I don't.

Also, speaking of Crow, he did this great post in The Hive years back "Role-Playing a Xenomorph" which I've encouraged all of the members of my clan to read. Although because it's so old it's a little corrupted and some words are garbled.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 10 years ago

I know it's been a while since I posted, but I've felt like absolute screaming shit lately.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

It's fine, dude. Take as much time as you need.

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

So who's next?