DarkLioness, Yautja, 10 years ago

"Edit: No wait, cramping us all into one room would also be great."

Agreed, it would be quite interesting to see how that would play out as well as some of the other suggested scenarios. This would really help me out since my usual eagerness and drive on the RPG page took a hit on May 1st. Literally. So I think this is a good idea and would happily go along with whatever is decided on this matter.

Waralien, Yautja, 10 years ago

I actually work at a bar so this should be fun.

krio, Yautja, 10 years ago

Someone make it HAPPEN!!!

You know i want it because i spoke in CAPITAL letters.

Capital....

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

i THINK YOU MEAN BIG ADULT LETTERS,,,

Edit: Ok, I'm gonna break the sequence.

It feels great to post again as my character

Rampage, Yautja, 10 years ago

Sweet, I'm posting

Deathdrop, Yautja, 10 years ago

GUISE I POSTED. LOL

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

Guys this may not be an RPG, But you are still technically your character. So you arent a walking random joke.

I actually called some people out on that in my last in-character post.

Underneath all my bullshit, I always try to include at least some semblance of meaningful character study, whether you guys see it or not. Never mind everyone else in this case - if you, the writer, at the very least, doesn't gain anything from this, then something isn't right.

This applies to less of you than you think. Even Deathdrop's crazy behavior is within his character's range. If your character doesn't really HAVE a history (and no pre-established range to speak of), make it look like s/he DOES. You can't be dropping obscure pop-culture/meme references at the end of every fucking sentence, and if you're going for the non-sequitur route, at least try to be clever with it. Yes, even nonsense can be clever.

That said, not all of your posts have to be super-detailed psychological masterpieces. They don't have to be comedic works of art. None of your posts have to be like that, at all. It just has to work.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

I thought we were supposed to be being silly billies from how everyone was acting, my mistake.

Well so far I've kept the majority of my character's personality intact(her being disgusted that the Predators are in the bar for one thing) while alteraing a few things to fit with the neutral rules but still keeping her aggressive to a degree and somehwat impatient with lesser Xenomorphs or those not from the Hive.

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

I cant actually believe part of my idea is coming to fruition!

Wow, ok, now you guys are gonna be self-conscious about what you post and so I'm just gonna say it - I was specifically talking about Krio's post.

I should have said that earlier. You guys are fine. Really. If your character finds Xenos sexy, SR, then there might be some legitimacy to that (supposedly, Cetanu takes the form of a Queen, so). You can run with that if that's not the only trick you know.

Krio, man, you aren't a drug dealer from GTA. You are the wrong kind of ridiculous right now.

Actauly, seeing everyone's behavior, i thought i could make silly jokes.... But i think it is serious now.

Dronehive, Yautja, 10 years ago

^Please do.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

I honestly thought it was supposed to be super silly since we have all three species peacefully coexisting in one small area. And I would bet quite a few Yautja see Xenomorph queens as fertility symbols, makes sense to me, and now that I know it's got some seriousness to it I'll try and keep that in mind and ease into a happy medium.

Agreed on all points there skull-ripper.

You're absolutely right, SR. Even DD said at one point (I think in the OP) that tongue-in-cheek stories are welcome, and I'm backing that 100%.

Like I said, you guys are fine. I of all people shouldn't be complaining about ridiculousness, and I'm not. Jokes and stupidness are fine (and I encourage them), but if dumb jokes are ALL you have going for you - and if the jokes aren't even funny - THEN we have a problem.

Krio, you don't have to be 100% serious. Find a balance and you're golden.

Okay, i get that, respect homie!

DeathWraith, Yautja, 10 years ago

Basically what you did, Krio, was you wrote a post that had nothing to do with AvP at all. What you should be trying to do is act like you're in a bar, but attach key characteristics to your character that make it feel like an Alien, Predator, marine, hybrid or whatever else your character is. For example, one of the things a xenomorph wouldn't do is compare itself to a character from a popular movie, mostly because xenomorphs don't watch movies, mostly because they don't have eyes. Another thing it wouldn't do is get high, mostly because xenomorphs don't breathe. The title says "In-Character Discussion Thread, so try to make it look like it's the character you'd be RPing as in an actual RPG on this forum who is doing the stupid shit.

So basically, the only thing that's wrong with your post is that it has no Alien context in it. Everything you wrote would still be perfectly normal in this thread if you provided some background as to how an Alien knows about V For Vendetta, or how an Alien would get high in a natural situation.