skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

Posted, and holy shit DeathDrop, that first post of yours was amazing.

Edit: Wait, you're married DD?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 10 years ago

I'm married... TO THE JOB.

Haha, no, but seriously, no.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

I feel like you and your character are slowly becoming one.

It's kind of romantic.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 10 years ago

That's... Probably not god. I still have a dick, though.

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

DD sometimes i think you're the Tyler Durden of this Website, Effortlessly funny but a terrible figment of everyones imagination here to bring down the Reign of terror known as AvP.

If he's Tyler and all of us are one collective entity, then it makes sense that we're always writing RPGs - we're starting fights with ourselves.

...Holy shit.

My head hurts.

Can everyone try and keep in mind the normal RPG rules.

This is an RP, Not MSN. Please post more than 1-2 lines.

Krio and Ultimate-Xeno, you guys actually got worse, not better.

Guys, the point of this thread is not that we're in a bar (and, by extension, allowed to be ridiculous), the bar simply sets up the fact that we're not in a normal RPG. We could have all been captured research subjects forced to communicate non-violently in a Wey-Yu lab, it would have been the same as all of us being in a bar. The point of this thread is to try and figure out how you want to write you character and how you want to interact with others, NOT how many jokes you can stick up our asses.

Although jokes and stupidity are fine to an extent; I'm the last person who should be telling you not to include those two things, so I'm not.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

Since this a "Defining our characters and writing style" type thing, I was wondering if we can right in the First person as well as Second since we already talk in the Third person mostly.

The reason I'm asking instead of just assuming is because 1. I try to be respectful, and 2. I asked on another RPG site if I could write in the first person and got shot down like a Xeno in an AVP movie.

Wait, what? Why the hell can't you write in first person? I want to know who these people are, and I want a 5-page essay on why they think first person writing is bad.

(But yes, I'm assuming you CAN freely change POV to experiment.)

Ok, if anyone's confused about my character knowing what a mother is but not a father, that's because Xenos don't have fathers.

BadApple the normal writing rules still apply, So more than a few lines.

krio, Yautja, 10 years ago

Hm.... I think i am going to have to drop out because......

..... Everybody is being mindlessly insane.......

..... Bloo says he wants it to be just our characters, yet he is fucking a pole right now.....

.... And if we have to be our chararcters, then you know i can't play, because there is no killing. The whole idea doesn't make sense! If we have to be our characters, in a bar, then the bar would have been a blood bath by now! I need to have a point right?

The fact is, these creatures can't negotiate with each other without a violent battle....

I'm going to sit here and carefully explain how absolutely wrong, Silly, and downright closed minded you are being.

Everybody is being mindlessly insane

You do not understand the purpose of the thread, I like to think of it this way. Imagine if an Athlete only played Baseball on the day of the competition, And when he wasn't competing he did nothing. Well noone would want to watch him play baseball now would they.

This thread is to help people fine there feet. Everyone's just getting comfortable before we actually start doing some actual RPG stuff.

Bloo says he wants it to be just our characters, yet he is fucking a pole right now.

You have just shown that you have never actually read one of Bloo's RPG posts, And does the rule "Nothing in here should be taken too seriously." mean anything to you?

And if we have to be our chararcters, then you know i can't play, because there is no killing. The whole idea doesn't make sense! If we have to be our characters, in a bar, then the bar would have been a blood bath by now! I need to have a point right?

Whats the point? Make history with other characters, Explain your past to people, Take the time to have a nice long conversation with someone, And maybe find something out about your character you never explored before. Hell maybe just sit back and crack jokes.

You've completely glossed over the key word here, Character. This is supposed to be a Character building experience, Like in DnD when you would sit back and just talk for hours in your character in a bar.

It stops being about kill count and gore and actually starts being about things that are interesting to read and write about.

but the thing is, xenos and predators can't negotiate! they will fight, because xenos see them as a threat, and predators see them as mere hunting prey!

SUSPENDED DISBELIEF

DeathWraith, Yautja, 10 years ago

Krio, did you not fucking read the rules of the thread? They can't fight.

THEY CAN'T FIGHT

Now, RP as if your character were in a situation where it couldn't fight. I hope that's easy enough to understand.

Ah, I KNEW someone would question me sooner or later. I actually WANT you guys to do that - don't be scared to, or I won't have an excuse to explain my dipshit shenanigans. (CHARACTER ANALYSIS AHOY)

I knew the "fucking a pole" thing would stick out the most, but do you remember everything else I mentioned up to and after that? Anger, eggs, reproduction, parent issues, loneliness, etc. Even though, for the most part, what I'm saying is ridiculous, it's all actually related and has a reason for being there, that reason being to convey the message that my character is, above all else, a lonely child.

My character's story spans across every single RPG I've ever been in and really only picks up in Litany of Fire, but let me explain WHY she's now (for lack of better phrasing) a crazy old soccer mom:

In my first RPG, Bloo was a normal level 40 Warrior, and also male. In other words, the typical (and perfect) Xenomorph, carrying out the Queen's orders without question. However, the SS Queen died, and he was left without a mother.

In my second RPG, he was now the level 70 sub-leader of the Shadow Serpents. SS and The Hive joined up to defend the planet's hive. There was much more pressure on Bloo to fulfill the wishes of The Hive's Queen. He was constantly worried about fucking up, but he did fine otherwise. That is, until he was sent to kill Kidd, the level 70 former-leader of Alpha Draconis. He fucked up BIG time, losing his battle and nearly getting killed (which DID count as a kill for Kidd in the metagame).

The Queen wanted nothing to do with him after this, even though it would have been smart to send at least TWO Xenos after Kidd since he was so strong. The only reason Bloo lived was because members of the SS side of the joint hive revived him using Queen Jelly. However, in addition to his new mother wanting nothing to do with him (which really messed him up), the battle with Kidd caused him some brain damage, further adding to (or subtracting from) his mental state. Bloo thought that in order to please the Queen, he needed to become stronger.

This caused Bloo to morph into a Praetorian, the very same one in Litany of Fire.

He now realized that his new mother would never love him back, and he was hostile to any Xeno she DID show affection for (which resulted in his rivalry with Fire Hunter, something I touched upon in the Bar Thread).

What could he do now, though? The only way he could distract himself from his hatred of his mother was to think about the way humans had sex (let me clarify: the only reason he knew about human sex was because Xenomorphs can force humans to mate, in order to make more hosts).

He became obsessed with the idea of reproducing, but not to become a loving mother - rather, he wanted power over people. He wanted power over people he created himself. He would often claw at his crotch area (severely damaging and scarring it), attempting to "masturbate." He would even collect the penises of hosts, sometimes consuming THOSE to see if he could grow one. He couldn't, obviously, which made him angry at himself, which, in turn, made him even angrier at his mother.

But no matter how angry he got, both the Queen and Fire Hunter were still stronger than him. That is, unless he became a Queen himself.

Wanting to become a mother for all the wrong reasons, he consumed enough Queen Jelly to change his gender and begin his transformation into another Queen. To fuck up the balance of The Hive, he forced other normal Xenomorphs to consume the jelly as well, turning them into Praetorians. He didn't do it to gain allies, though. As you might know, when a Xenomorph turns into a Praetorian, the rest of its hive becomes extremely hostile toward it until the transformation is complete. The new Praetorians would distract the rest of The Hive as Bloo went off to complete his own transformation. She was now a Queen.

Then, as the stronger, younger Queen, Bloo decapitated her mother, fingering her dead body while caressing her crown. She forced the joint hive under her command, believing that she would FINALLY become happy.

I don't have to explain what happens in the next few RPGs - the point is that she never DID become happy, no matter how many eggs she laid, which leads us to the (non-canon?) Bar Thread in which she's trying to figure out why she's not happy. Thus, she takes her anger out on Fire Hunter (at first), which doesn't seem to solve anything. THEN, she treats the pole like a teddy bear, thinking she needs a partner, as humans do. That idea doesn't go far, since she can't really fuck a pole, but she still WANTS to simply because she's just so goddamn LONELY.

Do you see where I'm getting at, Krio? It may look like nonsense on the outside, but I'm really including this bullshit for a reason. I'm trying to develop my character.

And yes, it's very nonsensical, but that's just my style. At least the content of the nonsense has a reason for BEING there - I'm not just being random for the hell of it.

bloo: okay, i get that but.....

DW:

so, my character is in a position it can't fight in?

and deathwraith, PLEASE! i have read the rules, and the whole reason i asked why we can't fight is BECAUSE of that rule!!

what position can't my character fight in? is he super damaged? no. he just can't fight. for some unknown reason, xenos don't hate preds anymore, in fact, some preds have fallen in LOVE with a certain queen......

i have the feeling i am being ready to kill something when all of the sudden my character can't fight a pred! (which it hates!).

which is the reason i am dropping out of the rpg....