Blizzard, Human, 11 years ago

would have made more progress
if you had listened to my tactical brilliant mind ;)

Rampage, Human, 11 years ago

I really need to get this game.

Peterson, Human, 11 years ago

Tactical right... we tried your plan and it failed... miserablly i might add... Running through a sewer full of boilers isnt tactical in fact its the very oppisite!

daveberg, Human, 11 years ago

Finished the game last night after soaking in every last detail. Am pretty upset it's all over now. There's only one thing that can make me feel better about this....play it all again!!!

MAJOR SPOILERS - for those who have reached or already played the 1st derelict level - shoot the engineer in the head until it triggers a 'Prometheus hologram' sequence. It basically shows you what happened to the derelict and why it was on LV4-26.

Also, on the second trip back to the derelict - keep an eye out for the 'pups' from Prometheus. They whizzed past me twice last night, scanning the ship.

Listen Peterson
You may be leader of the near dead marine clan
but I am the great strategist besides plan worked and did you give him a hug like i said ? ...I didn't think so

Voltage-3000, Human, 11 years ago

im still curious to play it but from what i see it just seems like they took the marines from AVP game and just threw it out there as a quick way to make something.

from what im reading there is some doubt which really dont help my interest.

Deathdrop, Human, 11 years ago

@Dave: Weeeeeeel that settles it. Soon as I have money, I'm buying that sumbitch.

DarkLioness, Human, 11 years ago

^I'm still saving to buy stuff for the multi-genre pics I'm gonna do for my blog(I finally found out how to get paid for that too) but I might be able to buy the game in a few weeks if I'm lucky.

@Peterson

Ok exactly what are the boilers? Is this like a boiler room or are these "boilers" a class of Xeno?

@Darklioness Both ^^

@ DD - I need a free pass in case you hate the game and wish to blame me for its purchase!

@Blizzard

Oh ok.

-Bloo-, Human, 11 years ago

I've been playing for the last hour. I'm both underwhelmed and excited like a fat kid at a chili carnival.

Underwhelmed because, well, it's like seeing a really good pie and wanting to eat the shit out of it, and it is very pie-like, but it's not the awesome pie you envisioned, and it's really disappointing that way.

On the other hand, I'm the fat kid because it's a pie that I like enough to enjoy and finish eating, and it's a very familiar pie that I've loved for years. I'm looking forward to multiplayer, which apparently is streets ahead of campaign.

I'm a saving my money to buy the collector's edition.

Is that a good idea or am I throwing away $99.99?

Edit: Oh and, has anyone made it to Ultimate Badass yet?

-Bloo-, Human, 11 years ago

I guess the price of the statue would be the extra $40, but unless you really want that statue...

I can take or leave the statue, I want EVERYTHING else :-)

Mebber, Human, 11 years ago

The statue is great. Best part of the CE imho. Totally worth the money i spent for it. But then again, i generally love this kind of miniatures from franchises i like - this statue will look great next to my "Cylon Centurion" miniature from Battlestar.

@DarkLioness
I can only suggest you play Badass from the beginning, it's really much more thrilling with the hud missing and all that stuff.

@Bloo
This pie metaphor is marvellous.

I'm a retro head, so campaigns, to me, are always better than multiplayer.

I played online last night, and it was full of douche bags all kitted out with shotguns - firing grenades at every available opportunity. It's one of the reasons I can't stand online gaming - reams of idiots all using cheesy underhanded tactics to do anything to win. Gets old REAL quick.

Campaign, for me, was absolutely amazing. This has been one of my most enjoyable games i've played in some time.

-Predalien-, Human, 11 years ago

Multiplayer is fun and all, but they REALLY need to nerf marines.

As for campaign, I've only played the first level.

Granted at the beginning its hard even frustrating to play as a alien
but soon enough you ll get upgrade to deal dammage at an arlarming rate
you should try to set up traps and not rush in Wait around corners and in vents and attack when they least exspect it
also I fell multiplayer is pretty balanced in deathmatch but as for escape the fact that they have full armour means you must really rely on hitting them in the back and crawling on walls and never stay in the same spot for more than 3 seconds

-Predalien-, Human, 11 years ago

That's what I do, but like dave said, ALL of them have those dam shotguns....