Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

^ And as a bonus, Scott can actually direct!

daveberg, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

^That, he most certainly can!

The more I re-watch the trailer, i'm convinced Ridley is handing out extreme misdirection - the Jockey ship, to me, is most definitely looking like the one that crashes onto LV4-26 - I mean, let's be logical, why wouldn't Scott want to show such an epic moment which leads us right into the events of Alien...seems like a wasted opportunity to not go down that particular route.

Mebber, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Whatever the reasons are not to call it an official alien prequel, it's definitely a pretty good marketing strategy. All the rumours and mysteries about the movie will have a nice effect on the box-office results i guess.

I'm actually quite happy he doesen't label the new movie a direct Alien prequel. As i said before, i think this way he's got much more freedom to make the movie as he wishes to, which is a good thing.

Peterson, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Personally I can't wait for Prometheus as the time line would suggest i have to say that it will be a prequel to Alien. If they made it into a end movie for the serries then it would just be redundant, as far as I know the damn Space Jockey Ship was destroyed in Aliens when the reactor blew up, with the size of the detonation it would have easily been whipped out. so My official statment is yes it is a prequel.

ash, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Upon watching the trailer for Prometheus it has brought me back to this site for all the right reasons (plus I've got me the blueray boxset of alien) I have to assume the ending will have the jockey from Alien will die and the chestburster will be the last scene. The Space Jockey suits are right yes http://www.metro.co.uk/film/887638-prometheus-new-photo-shows-noomi-rapace-looking-stunned however they are far too big for a human to fit in it? This is making me so excited I may piss myself.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Is this even really a question at this point?