Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

^ I have a feeling it'll be a bit more than just that. There have been reports of Xeno costumes on set.

I forget, is Giger doing the designs?

daveberg, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

*In voice of Burke*

"He was brought on as an advisor, and that's all...."

HA! Well played.

DarkCountess, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I demand to see some Xenos in this film. No ifs ands of butts about it! Xenos!

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

^You probably don't have to worry about the amount of ass in the film (though you never know with Hollywood these days!) 'cause with Giger I'm sure we'll get a face full of alien wing-wong instead.

The problem is, that the film is an indirect prequel to Alien.

How would we all feel about Alien if Prometheus actually reveals the Xenomorphs? I think that would taint the effect that Alien has. I'm not opposed to seeing a chestburster or facehugger, hell, even one Xeno at the end of Prometheus, and I mean, the VERY end. But I want a little more from this film. I want some backstory. I want to know about the Space Jockeys, and what the hell they were doing with the Aliens in the first place.

Alien works because it's a slow burning tension machine, building up the suspense to a fever pitch whilst slowly revealing more and more of the dreaded creature as the film progresses. If we see any Xenomorphs, especially for an extended periord of time in Prometheus, I think this could detract from the over all experience we all had from watching Alien.

Just my two cents.

There was some talk a couple months back about a different design for the Xenos (chestbursting out of the jockey and all) so maybe that'll make them different enough to be interesting.

Thing is, the movie isn't about the Xenos (there's a reason it's not called "Alien 5"), so I think they'll be in there somewhere, just not the main feature.

Alien is about the Alien, Prometheus is about the Jockey.

@Dave: Oh, no, I agree, that was just a poke at the whole "butt" part of whomever's comment it was. Last time fans thought they wanted to see more of the aliens, we got horny predaliens that give backwards throat jobs, predators that fall in love with attractive mountain climbers and a T. Rex in a queen suit (not that it probably wasn't the best part of that movie).

Now whenever I hear a film adaption's director (of any franchise) say, "I'm a huge fan," any hope had is lost with that single line (biggest offender: M. Night and The Last Fucking Airbender). It's not even hilarious like a bad song cover is. I might still like the artist after a bad cover.

Gaunt, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

On thinking about it I hope that this film shows and features Xenomorphs, I just hope it doesn't try to explain the Xenomorphs.

That would completely ruin it for me, if it were to be a prequel to Alien then it shouldn't explain the Xenomorphs because that would be too damb Human and logical. They are called "Alien" for a reason, for the interest of the fans I think that it's better to leave us guessing about them than ever fully knowing.

As for the Space Jockeys I couldn't care much, give me their entire life history gift wrapped.

@Bloo: A-Fucking-Men. How many times pre-AVPR did we have people demanding things like a Predator being the main character, humans being incidental, Alien hybrids, and the rest? See what it got us.

@Gaunt: I agree to a certain degree. I'd rather there be some mystery left over after Prometheus, but I'm cool knowing a little bit more about the Jockey's relation to the Xenos.

From current rumour and early draft scripts - the aliens are indeed a bio weapon created by the Jockeys.

I'm still interested to see if they incorporate the Jockey infusing 'alien' DNA into the humans as a form of punishment which leads them into metamorphosing into some form of the Xenomorph we all know and love (Think Dallas and Brett in the deleted scenes from Alien)

Praetorian, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Welcome back daveberg, me and many members wont forget that this site wouldnt be what it is if it wasnt for you.

With that being said...

I'm aware of Prometheus, I didnt create an enty for it in the movies yet because of the scarce information about it, and I want to be sure it fits in Alien Universe.

I think that now remains little doubt about it.

I have 100% trust in Ridley Scotts ability to make an awsome movie. He made two of my all time favourite movies Blade Runner and ofc Alien.

And now from the master himself:

A more detailed info from IMDB:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/faq#.2.1.2

And now a personal confession, sometimes I wish the only existing movies would be Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and Predator 1 and 2 and I could just delete from this site all the junk that was produced aftewards.

Many, many thanks for the kind words, Praetorian. I'm glad to be back.

I did make a solid effort to return some time ago, but AVP destroyed my passion for the franchise and left me with little to be positive about.

With Prometheus returning to the roots of the series and hopefully digging deeper into the mythos of the beast, I, for one, am once again excited about Aliens all over again!

Check the front page news for the official Prometheus poster that was leaked today.....

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

See that is what I love about Ridley's movies, even with all the CGI technology out there, the guy sticks to what hes amazing at; making sets.

Poster is sick, man I can't wait for this movie. Really good to hear from you again, P and Dave!

^ YES. Actual, physical sets are a big plus.

I know what you mean, Dave. I haven't been much of a fan for way too long now. Hopefully the CG won't go the way of the recent The Thing, which I'm not hearing too many good things about.

I just saw the new poster today, by the way. Very green and black. Just like the old one.

Well, we may be in for a different ride here with Prometheus - Ridley's latest interview, he states that there will be no Xenomorph featured whatsoever - see interview segment below:

EGE: Final question. I have a feeling what the answer will be, but many want to know. Will we see the original xenomorph in Prometheus?

RS: No. Absolutely not. They squeezed it dry. He (the xenomorph) did very well. (He laughs) He survived, he’s now in Disneyland in Orlando, and no way am I going back there. How did he end up in Disneyland? I saw him in Disneyland, Jesus Christ!

Misdirection, or will Prometheus be something completely different, based in the same universe as Alien?

Definitely a misdirection. I'll be genuinely surprised the day I see the film and there isn't a single glimpse of the xeno - maybe even just a hiss or just...something.

Here's a real kicker for you, Bloo - the space Jockey is rumoured to be nothing but a suit, with a 'humanoid' creature inside....

Scott said this from his own mouth recently. Really not sure how I feel about that!

Well, if anything, he's good at confusing the hell out of me. That can be a great thing for the movie if done right....at this point it might have a bigger chance of being a good thing.

I've known about Prometheus for months, but it's just now that I'm actually getting excited about it. Still not assured as I want to be, though. There are just way too many movies coming out next year that I'm hyped up for.