Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I'd say the recent trailer pretty much synches it.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Yeah, either the head they were examing was a head, or a helmet you can't really tell from the trailer. Although it sorta backs up the idea of a humanoid inside a jockey suit.

Me, I'd prefer the idea of the jockeys being a giant creature that we saw in alien, and not just looking like a humanoid in a suit.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I really prefer what Ridley Scott is doing to the kind of pre-release marketing we've become used to. Instead of showing half the movie in the trailer and telling the other half in interviews. His approach is something like "Why would you want spoilers before the movie is even done?", which is pretty much what a competent person who can do something right would do in this situation, am I right?

daveberg, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Spot on. We get too much exposure to the films today before they've even hit theatres - Ridley has been bang on the money with this so far.

Give us a little, and let the speculation run rife!

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

^Coincidentally (maybe not), that was the magic of the first film. It ended up mind-fucking a lot of people, I guess; I wish I could have seen the very first reactions to the film - never have I seen anyone run out screaming because the movie was too much.

I doubt that's the case with Prometheus, and he may not be going for that. However, this is not an Alien film, so maybe audiences don't know what to expect again. But I'm ruining it with too many thoughts.

Shit, I cannot wait for this.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

That's especially true when you compare it to Predators. We knew actual plot details and "surprises" like Topher Grace being a serial killer months before the movie was even out.

I actually knew nothing about Predators before I watched it.

It wasn't too bad from what I remember. But even to someone who didn't know anything about Eric Forman somehow being the evil fucking murderer, it was lame. It was one twist I could have gone without.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I also had no idea about Predators before i watched it. I just say it on the tele and stuck it on and it wasnt half bad. It was still very weighed down by all the more modern conventions of film but all in all it was an alright film and i would watch it again. I liked most of the characters but i did think that the surgeon was quite a bad character and seamed quite out of place. I mean who's thinking "Im about to be killed by intergalactic monsters, I should kill the people who are able to keep me alive"

Praetorian, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I dont put Predators on the same bag as Alien Res, AvP or AvP2. But I dont think it's that great either.
Its entertaining but I expected more.

Fair enough,

I enjoyed Predators, mainly because it didn't turn out like the avp movies. Some aspects of the movie did bother me, but all in all I enjoyed it. I don't feel like it took away from the predator franchise the way the avp movies did.

So - the general consensus is, most of us now feel with the addition of the released trailer, that this film most definitely belongs as a prequel to Alien?

I think there's far too much 'Alien DNA' within the first looks of this movie, NOT to be a prequel. Far too many ties and links to be ignored.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Its almost impossible for it not to be a prequal

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Ridley Scott said we won't be seeing the ORIGINAL Xenomorph. Perhaps we'll be seeing a similar-yet-different creature. And as for the Jockey being a suit, I guess that would make sense seeing as the suit was fused with the chair, as they said in the first Alien movie. Although I, too, prefer the idea of it being a big creature and not a suit.

Still, what could be worse than AvP?

^Shhh, don't provoke FOX again.

Well ladies and gents, Ridley has finally crumbled and told the world that Prometheus IS indeed a Prequel to Alien.

Ridley finally folds

It's the greatest revelation since, um... Prometheus was announced.

This really doesn't make sense to me, I mean we see the jockey's ship that looks almost the same as the one from alien in the HD trailer...lol how can you get around it not be related to the alien movies in some way.

I guess him admitting this just confirms the fact that it is related and is a direct prequel to alien.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Maybe not a direct prequel to Alien, he did say he wanted to make two prequels. Maybe it's a prequel to the prequel.

Stalker, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I don't see why Ridley tried to deny it was a prequel to begin with, it only pissed people off.

Misdirection - directors love doing that these days, as it adds a layer of mystery and creates more hype and speculation for the movie.

To quote Michael Bay - "No, Megatron isn't in Transformers 2" = cue fans going mental and doing nothing but search the net for leaked images and signs that Megatron WAS in the film.

Ridley has basically done the same thing, to give Prometheus some serious wind behind its media campaign sails.