Mishmuf, Undefined, 17 years ago

Well, of course there is discrimination there. As you have said before, Xenomorphs were most likely the predators of Yautjas' ancesters which means there has to be some form a bias when hunting Xenomorphs.

MishmufSig.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

Hm, that is true, but it just seems somewhat contradictory to me. I've noticed that the yautja's code is somewhat similiar to a knight's code of chivalry or a samruai's bushido, it just seems odd that they would have such a blatant hole in their code like that.

855989_3.jpg
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.

Maybe they focus less on if they're armed and more on hostility. Like in Predator, Dutch was unarmed, but the Yautja still fought him because he still posed a threat. The only times we've seen the Yautja fight Xenomorphs is when the Xenomorphs attack. Sure, there was when Scar blew up the pyramid filled with unhatched eggs, but Scar's honorability has been in question in a past topic or two.

MishmufSig.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

shadowatching, Undefined, 17 years ago

in the beginning of pred 2 where they were in the scorpion s place and the pred was in there (yea i know they blend light) there was enough people to bump in to him how come they (people ) could not see the pred. i think that its the hollywood thing and i know that they could not srink down to be smaller then a pebble

lasciate ogni speranza voi ch' entrate

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

The predator wasn't in there the entire time. It waited until El Scorpio & the other Columbians had tooled themselves up with weapons before crashing through the skylight & butchering them all.

thorndesignssig.jpg

i am talking about the part where the cops come in i know in clocking thing doesnt make him that invisible

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

Well there were plenty of places to hide on the rooftop, & considering that the police were concentrating on the situation at hand, I doubt they would have noticed the predator.

thorndesignssig.jpg

a room full of cops come on think about it if anyone is there they would of bumped in to him and then freaked out shooting but that would be bad for the det. i know but the whole place was searched before they droped there guard ( bad moove)

Who's to say the predator didn't instantly moved back to the roof when it realized El Scorpio was going up there?

i know he did but i am talking about when he went back in and climbed the wall with the body and no one saw

in‧tel‧li‧gence  /ɪnˈtɛlɪdʒəns/ Pronunciation Key - [in-tel-i-juhns]
–noun
1. capacity for learning, reasoning, understanding, and similar forms of mental activity; aptitude in grasping truths, relationships, facts, meanings, etc.
2. manifestation of a high mental capacity: He writes with intelligence and wit.
3. the faculty of understanding.
4. knowledge of an event, circumstance, etc., received or imparted; news; information.
5. the gathering or distribution of information, esp. secret information.
6. Government.
a. information about an enemy or a potential enemy.
b. the evaluated conclusions drawn from such information.
c. an organization or agency engaged in gathering such information: military intelligence; naval intelligence.
7. interchange of information: They have been maintaining intelligence with foreign agents for years.
8. Christian Science. a fundamental attribute of God, or infinite Mind.
9. (often initial capital letter) an intelligent being or spirit, esp. an incorporeal one, as an angel.

Xenomorphs are animals. Humans are animals, too. Most animals have a level of intelligence. I think you just proved my point.

Crow_04.jpg

OTANG, Undefined, 17 years ago

seem like animals to me. watching programs on t.v., you'd be surprise what animals do.

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

Survival instinct entails self-harm, not injuring others. Being able to realize that by hurting another you are able to escape entails intelligence.

There have also been acts of intellect expressed in the other movies.

In Aliens the xenomorphs, after first failing to openly attack the marines, resorted to using stealth and geurilla tactics. Therefore, they logically reasoned that a direct attack would not work, and changed their strategy appropriately.

The queen was also smart enough to withold her warriors from attacking Ripley because she was able to reason that doing so would put her brood at risk. She was also able to figure out the basic function of an elevator.

In AvP, you can clearly see the xenomorph drones screeching at one another before cooperatively moving off to attack their foes. Not only does this display intelligence, but also exposes a form of communication.

Also, what you consider to be "instinct" could, in many ways, be intelligence. Xenomorphs are naturally powerful creatures, and would not need their stealth to dispatch any prey. Based on the actions which we have seen the xenomorph queen use in both Aliens and AvP, xenomorphs could easily be electively choosing to be stealthy.
Crow_04.jpg

OTANG, Undefined, 17 years ago

more like survival instinct to me. then again, it is Alien: Resurrection.
To each their own i guess.

6d273dbd.jpg
Azzazin of Balatu
Struggle is The Glory
Tha Forum Rules

Well, that depends on your viewpoint of "rationality". Personally, I find that a group of xenomorphs destroying the weakest of the group so that the rest may escape to be a very intelligent act. It was their act of judgement that led them to realize that they were trapped, and the only way which they could escape was by killing another individual for be benefit of the group. Brutal, perhaps, but it certainly does show intelligence.

Crow_04.jpg

if some one drank pred. blood what would happen to them

They would live life knowing they drank Predator blood. Other than that, nothing. Even though Predator: Concrete Jungle says you'd live abnormally long lives,games aren't canon info, so nothing would happen. Not to mention that Predator: Concrete Jungle has some huge plot errors

so basically it would be longer life and thats it

No, not even longer life.

i read that someone put alien blood in them and through a needle and they can control the aliens with out a queen is that true?