Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

To answer your question from earlier. Markings on masks can mean a vast number of things. Highly honoured predators usually have small, symbolic carvings around the crown of their mask, to signify their kills, their ranking & their honour. Blooding marks signify that a hunter has passed the yautja rite of passage by killing a xenomorph & burning a mark into their helmet as proof, thus earning them the blooded status, & signifying them as an adult. The blooding mark generally resembles the symbol of the hunter's particular clan, although not all clans choose to participate in the ritual.

Other cosmetical changes in masks vary between each hunter's personal preference. How cosmetically unique a predator's mask is bears no significance to their ranking, as even unblooded hunters have been seen sporting highly detailed masks. The only marks with any significance are blooding scars & ceremonial engravings along the crown of the mask.

thorndesignssig.jpg

Mishmuf, Undefined, 17 years ago

Okay then, let's ask away

Do you think that Predators really need to mark themselves? Wouldn't just bringing back a skull be proof enough?

MishmufSig.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

navyspaz, Undefined, 17 years ago

Shadow Watching, Mishmuf is right, This site is for posting questions of AvP, not this topic.

If its this topic, then some peoples questions wont get spotted or answered sometimes.

If someone or you has a question, they need to just make a topic.

AnotherNavyspazSig.gif

shadowatching, Undefined, 17 years ago

this u can go off topic for example i asked in another site how much does a drone weigh and what does the marking mean on each pred.?

lasciate ogni speranza voi ch' entrate

She was asking me questions in another thread, & it was getting off-topic, so I just told her to create a new one. This topic is for Shadow watching's questions only, anyone else is free to answer though.

thorndesignssig.jpg

Okay then

MishmufSig.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

I just explained how this thread will work. You had plenty of questions from earlier, so ask away, lol.

thorndesignssig.jpg

it can be deleted anytime it wont bother me none i am just trying to understand about preds and aliens a bit more thats all and i think that pred is a good idea to mark themselves is because they dnt carry around their prizes every where they go or do they?

No, but the only time you really need proof of your victory is when the ritual is done.

how do u know if its the right time for the ritual and what kind of "trophies" to bring home

The rituals are organised, & are held at a set time & place. The particular clan in AVP performed their ritual every 100 years on earth. Although different clans organise their rituals in their own individual ways. They don't actually have to bring back a trophy at the end of the blooding hunt though. The scar is the only proof needed that they have passed.

thorndesignssig.jpg

i can skip to my lu and kill what i am told to kill and skip to my lu out again and be like hehe i am blooded
with out the alien wong-wong

That made absolutely no sense.

thorndesignssig.jpg

lmao, Im with stalker... what do you mean by that?

AnotherNavyspazSig.gif

it means that i go in kill and i am out but blooded

predatoress, Undefined, 17 years ago

Alien wong-wong? Now I don't wanna know what the heck is that... lol But Stalker told you about the rite of passage pretty much, and I don't have much to add to it. You don't have to drag all those alien skulls around if you pass the rite and get the scar, which is understandable, when you think about the meat grinder young yautjas goes through. After that you get to hunt just for fun (or honor, fun to me lol) and then you actually have some time to clean & complete your lovely skull collection.

But do you refer that if you're killed during the rite of passage, that you can still reclaim the honor, or what? I'm not really following... Well when would I but.. lol

new-Predess-sig.jpg

SUOMI FINLAND PERKELE!

alien wong wong is the face hugger thingy that goes down the throat and i think that it depends on how honourable death u died in

rofl, thats not the name of it... if it is thats not what im gonna call it.

AnotherNavyspazSig.gif

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

o_O Alien Wong-Wong? *waits to see someone make a SN called that now lol*

No, that's certainly not what it's called...an implantation tube, perhaps...heck, I'd even go so far as to call it a cloaka, but it is certainly not a "wong-wong" XD

Okay, here's a question for you all to mull over: Why is it that the yautja will not attack humans when they are unarmed, but they will attack xenomorphs regardless of their current physical status?

I mean, a human has teeth and fingernails, just as a xenomorph has fangs and claws. Is there a level of discrimination there?

855989_3.jpg
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.

nostromo, Undefined, 17 years ago

the aliens have have that tail, the 2nd mouth,sharp claws, and are stronger than us. if those arent weopons, i dont no what are