I know this has been asked before but still.......

black_warrior, Yautja, 18 years ago

if the queen was under the ice and the predalien was on the ship then in AVP2(if they make one) how would the aliens reproduce? would the predalien find another hive somewhere that the predship lands? or do you think they will put in the beginning that antarctica is melting, then the queen defrosts if she is still alive and then climb out and make more aliens. What do you think. if you have any other ideas of how the aliens would create another hive i would like to hear that too.

blackwarriorssig.jpg
Rules Of The Board
"It is not the way you die that makes you a hero, it is the way you live."

but the clan released thier captured queen in AVP to hunt, and she froze. so unless they have another queen captured it probably wont happen. but it might.

What would the probability that 1 clan would have 2 queens?

blackwarriorssig.jpg
Rules Of The Board

avpunlimited, Yautja, 18 years ago

Well I think the predalien will release a captured queen and there will be a predalien hive, but the elder probly destroys the ship as he leaves it in a pod, then the tird one is when he lands on earth and fights the queen. Here is something on the the egg theory Creating Eggs

Rumors circulated and surfaced from time to time over the decades that followed the incident aboard the Nostromo. Each speculated that a solitary Alien had the ability to create eggs in the absence of a Queen. Weyland-Yutani's Bio-Weapons and Special Projects Divisions very successfully kept such rumors under control and out of the scientific mainstream to the point that they were forgotten and considered to be nothing more than myths and space-fairing legend. However, following the corporate buyout of Weyland-Yutani by Dykstra Global Industries in 2328 records began to surface, which indicated these rumors might have been legitimate claims. By 2335 various reports were made available to select scientific circles - reports that had been filed and transmitted by the Nostromo's Science Officer, Ash, as well as testimonials from Warrant Office, Ellen Ripley clearly indicated that the Alien aboard the Nostromo had not only begun to create a hive structure in a landing strut bay, but had initiated the process of creating eggs. It would appear that under orders of Weyland-Yutani Special Projects and Bio-Weapons Divisions Ash had not only safeguarded the Alien's existence while on the Nostromo, but would periodically observe its behavior so as to better inform the various divisions involved on the creatures biology and behaviors. Unfortunately, Ash never had the opportunity to fully examine the process by which I. raptus creates eggs when isolated from a hive environment and Queen. Based on the information that is available from Science Officer Ash, and Ellen Ripley it would appear that the Alien does not have the ability to create and deposit eggs in the same manner as a Queen (due to obvious biological differences) - as a result it relies on a complex transformation process involving organic matter: specifically a host organism. It is believed that further information regarding the cocooning and transformation process was recorded by the ship's Science Officer, but had not yet been transmitted at the time of his malfunction and eventual termination.

Initially theories were formed that revolved around the Alien being able to spontaneously change gender from male to female so as to produce eggs in the absence of a Queen. However, this is a fanciful notion, which was created out of convenience and is an unscientific means to an end. It also relies on the creation of the egg being a gender specific action - when in fact no egg is ever laid (as it is with a Queen), but rather one is created using external methods and organic materials. As such the gender of the Alien creating the egg is no longer important, and should not be considered a viable variable in the equation.

The current and accepted theory that has been put forward regarding this behavior is that the Alien utilizes the stinging barb at the end of its tail to introduce an viral mutagen into the host organism. This mutagen appears to be similar in fashion to that which is introduced during an attack by a Facehugger. However, this particular virus works on a much larger, and outwardly obvious, scale than the one used in embryo creation. Instead of modifying a host's DNA to "program" for the creation of a malignant growth this modifier changes the host's entire genotype. The type of genetic restructuring and modifications necessary to cause a host organism to physically change into an entity of a separate species are massive, and truly an amazing feat of biological prowess.

The initiation of the mutation is believed to be very similar to that of the DNA Reflex, but the transposons located at the nucleus of the virus are very obviously different. These sequences of DNA create a mutation that is system-wide - it can't be accurately stated that the nature of the mutation and growth is metastasizic, hyperplasic, or even dysplasic - the restructuring and consumption of tissue in such a way has never been previously recorded. This r the question as to whether I. raptus can be classified as a chimera - a creature that carries more than one distinctive sequence of DNA. The adult Alien not only appears to carry genetic material native to I. raptus, but it has incorporated genetic material from it's host organism, and is capable of initiating the creation of an egg sustaining a Queen-bearing Facehugger. This means that there are a possible minimum of five different genetic sequences within a single adult Alien: Host, Alien, Egg, Facehugger, and Queen - with each sequence playing specific role in life of the adult Alien. Even with this possible inclusion of additional genetic sequences it is believed that the dominant and active DNA is always the native I. raptus code. The genetic material that is relevant to the creation of the Egg, Facehugger, and Queen are believed to be included only as a means of reproduction, as such the protein expression and gene creation that are initiated by the adult I. raptus DNA maintain that these additional genetic sequences are isolated to the reproductive virus.

It is believed that the introduction of this viral agent is controlled and not released reflexively when a sting is made. This then offers the Alien the opportunity to choose how the host organism is to be used: for the creation of eggs, or as host material for a Facehugger. It is further believed that once the egg is fully developed and housing a viable I. raptus parasite, that this Facehugger is of Queen bearing nature. The ability to create a Queen in this manner helps explain how the infestation of LV-426 occurred in such a quick timeline, and offers a look into how easily an entire hive can arise from the presence of a single isolated Alien. Such an idea r the bar on the Alien's lethality, and further illustrates how the incorporation of a single creature into a planet's environment could easily precipitate a planet-wide infestation.

The time frame that is needed to completely alter a host organism to be a viable parasite-bearing egg is estimated between 24 and 36 hours. Based on reports from Ellen Ripley the adult Alien was able prey upon the members of the Nostromo's crew in less than 24 hours. Chief Engineer's Mate Brett was the first victim of the adult Alien, and in less than 24 hours was approximately 85% transformed when found by Warrant Officer Ripley. It is believed that another 6 to 12 hours would have yielded a complete transformation. This time frame r a question about the state of Captain Dallas - who was captured by the Alien approximately 40 minutes to an hour following Chief Engineer's Mate Brett, yet appeared to have not undergone any transformation. Why is this? When reports of Dallas' cocoon are cross-referenced with records of the infestation of Hadley's Hope there is a marked similarity in Dallas' cocoon with those found in the nursery of cocooned colonists. Therefore it is likely that Dallas was intended as host material for the Alien's offspring, and not meant for egg creation.

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...

Deathdrop, Yautja, 18 years ago

There are two different paths they can take. One is to say that the queen surrvived and made a new hive. OR the can have her die from the head wound Scar gave her. Same with the Predalien. It can kill all the pred systematically, OR the preds can kill it. It's all in what the script calls for.

deathdrop1.jpg

predatoress, Yautja, 18 years ago

That's bloody good question you got there, Black Warrior. I'm looking forward of the discussion over it.

predatoressweb.jpg

The servant and the observer of Balatu

Lair of Predatoress

World of Predators forum

It's certainly got pontential for an AvP2.

deathdrop1.jpg

Well lets get to talking then.lol

blackwarriorssig.jpg
Rules Of The Board

Well, another possibility would be to have the queen die and the Predalien be a queen.

deathdrop1.jpg

Blade_Hunter, Yautja, 18 years ago

I think Dave or one of the other mods has said that in the event that the Queen dies a drone can create and egg which will make a queen facehugger which ofcourse will make a Queen. I't might hold true for the Predalien, I'm not really sure though.

It's a theory that's never been proven, so they could also go that route.

deathdrop1.jpg

But I've understood the queen is pretty much the same even it would be moulted from a human, pred or a fish. But who knows, the queens we saw in the movies were from human$... lol

Edit: the word censor is getting ridiculous... lmao

predatoressweb.jpg

Lair of Predatoress

World of Predators forum

Either way, you would have a hive on the Predator ship. But if they go with the "Predalien creates an egg" scenerio, that would allow the Predalien to have the "Alpha" status Grid had in AvP.

deathdrop1.jpg

you could say that because i hear that the queen had something in her that made the aliens "burst" out faster than normal.

^to DD

blackwarriorssig.jpg
Rules Of The Board

Yeah, that's where that theory comes from. The reason it's considered a theory is because it was in a deleted scene. By the way, how ya been, Nick?

deathdrop1.jpg

Nick_Kang_20, Yautja, 18 years ago

Well the drone-egg theory is there in the first Alien when Ripley finds Dallas turning into an egg.

30.jpg
cs2-bar.jpg

DD- "Well, another possibility would be to have the queen die and the Predalien be a queen."

wouldnt a queen chestburster have to have a queens crest as seen in alien: resurrection. and the predalien chestburster in AVP didnt have that. But the creating an egg thing is also a good possiblity.

blackwarriorssig.jpg
Rules Of The Board

You could make the argument that the Predalien hatched too soon or something.

deathdrop1.jpg

Hey that's not a bad idea you got there! Either way we shall see what the fox's group have invented in the next movie: will it even be a continue to the former AVP or in a totally different time and space, we shall see.

edit: you know unlimited, you could point out the basic sentences or thoughts of those texts beside copy pasteing them in here lol

predatoressweb.jpg

Lair of Predatoress

World of Predators forum

You could have two clans meet and the Predalien stows away on the other clan's ship. If the Predalien lives, there are dozens of possiblities story-wise.

deathdrop1.jpg

avpunlimited, Yautja, 18 years ago

No the clan does not have two queens, there not that powerful, huuummm, I think that the queen did not freeze, it is an organic machine, even if it isnt, it did not freeze on LV426 wich was colder there for I seriosly doubt it frooze. It is an organic machine that site I showed you earlyier was based on the movie there for aliens dont get sick, nor freeze.

in space...
no one...
can hear you scream...

I'm saying that two seperate clans could each have a queen. Also, who's to say one clan couldn't have two? In any case, if the queen dies, it will be from were head wounds.

deathdrop1.jpg