daveberg, Undefined, 17 years ago

Hey Cory, no worries mate, like i said before, it happens when people are passionate about things, I hold halloween so close to my heart, literally, that i sleep with a mounted kitchen knife above my bed and have two Myers masks either side of it, yes i'm a freak in that respect, but a true fan boy through and through.

It's cool that everyone walks their own individual path when it comes to taste in horrors, i salute you for being a fan of TMC, as i myself love the franchise, but s i said earlier, just could never get to grips with The nightmares.

Moving on, i tell you what i thought was an awesome remake and one of my fav horrors of all time = Amityville, that film truly for the first time in about 16 years, made my skin crawl with fright (I live in a really old creepy house so the theme of the movie really got nailed home)

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

Ah, speak about creepy house, my first house I ever lived in was the defanition of creepy house. You guys might think this is a crock of shit but there was some legend in that house about the women who died in it and something that was valueable to her, i think it was a coin. One day my dad was home alone, my brother just left to his friend, i was prolly in school(kindergarten) my mom was at work. My dad went into the garage, no ever went into it because it was a disgusting mess. Every time we cleaned it out, it would get dirty a minute later, maggots and cockroaches would comes out. But anyway, my doesn't even bleive in supernatuaral ghost stuff and he said he hear some girly voice ask him for a coin. It spooked him out, he stuck his head out the garage and looked to see if it was my brother's friend (who sounded like a girl) but they were gone at his house by now. My dad still to this day doesn't believe in ghosts which is creepy because he wouldn't lie about that neither.

And to Dave, see my bedroom, TCM posters, autograghs, masks, all the movies all over my room, lol. Its like a mix of Nightmare and TCM stuff. and I have a self of a million horror movies including my Halloween movies.Also, Dave, could you show us some pictures of your Halloween collection, I am very interested.

scarfacecory.jpg
.:Killswitch Forum:.
.:The Chainsaw HOUSE:.
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

Haven't got a digital camera at the moment mate, but can take a few with my pro SLR camera, will take a while to get the films developed tho...

At one point my entire room was plastered with Mug shots of Michael Myers, myself and a few friends even made a short 10 min fan film which was good, but i'm far too embarrassed to post it up, lol.

Changing the subject a little, did anyone see Hostel? I really didn't see what all the fuss was about, it wasn't that gory as they made it out to be......

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules

I thought Hostel was nothing special. I couldn't understand what made it so great either. The basic story was a bit dull. The only goodies in the movie was the few gore shots. And for a horror film, you don't have to have naked girls.

But whenever you feel like it, Dave, I'd like to see that fan flick, I like fan flicks but if you are too embarrested you don't have to.

scarfacecory.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

I actually thought Hostel was quite gruesome in places. The *ahem* (don't want to give away too many spoilers) welder/eyeball scene was pretty over the top. The movie overall wasn't that good, but at least it had a few gory moments.

thorndesignssig.jpg

If i get time, i'll try and post up some screen caps of my halloween fan flick.....

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Beginning Video Game!

(Not a real game)

tcmgame.bmp.jpg

scarfacecory.jpg

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

That's pretty cool, Cory! Did you make it?

deathdrop1.jpg

The only horror movie i know is "Shining". Only thing that ever scared me except for Doom 3. I love Jason and Freddy, i laugh my @ss off when i see 1 of those! Of course i love Alien but that`s nothing like a horror if you ask me. I mean, Shining still scares me!!!!! Oh, yeah, and "It" was great too... so here it is:

1 Spawn
2 Shining
3 It
4 Jason/Freddy/FvJ
5 Alien/Predator/AvP

DW.png
From the depths of the great Metal Sea we come to restore equalty...

The-Wolf, Undefined, 16 years ago

I thought sense it was getting closer to Halloween, I'd post this. Some reviews I've done that I impressed myself with. I hope your reading Dave.

(this is just some things thats been need said)

- Tobe Hooper's The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) was a very realistic horror movie ment to shock and disgust the audience. Not exactly a movie to enjoy. Too raw to enjoy. When Leatherface appeared you know it was going to get bad. It worked. And I loved it for what it was. A very nasty movie.

For the sequel, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre2, Tobe Hooper didn't want to make another "shock" movie because they already achieved that. Instead it was time to let go of that giving them more ideas and tools to their exposal. It wasn't going to be the shock film the original was. A different angle. I admit, it turned out very weird. But wouldn't you expact that for the sequel for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre? Unless the sequel was going to be almost the same thing as the first.. It was strange. It had the gore though. It had some new things we wouldn't have seen in the first movie. It gave us more and more to the story. It had a sense of humor also making the movie even more weird. Then there's the theme music... ... That just made the movie extremely strange. But I really digged it. It gave us the great new character, the Hicthhikers twin brother who was in nam during the first movie, Choptop.. AKA Otis from House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects. Great character Choptop was. He stole the show. Thats basides the point. What made it work for me was the new angle. Instead of the realistic horror the original contained, it had a very errie and dangerously creepy tone. It actually scares me when I watch it. It has weird situations in the movie that made it a bit cheesy but look past that and you have a very nasty, gory, and errie movie.

Then came Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw MassacreIII. With a completely new group making this peice of horror history. This one was a big disapointment in many ways but still has a bright side to think about. The thing that people don't realized was so much was taken out of it from what they originally had for it. It could have been a very good movie. It almost could of been a Texas Chainsaw with a Friday the 13th tone to it. Besides all the editing to it, the only thing that set this movie off the right track was how they ditched the original family (making the story a bit unclear) and a cheesy moment in the movie when Leatherface is rewarded with a new chainsaw. It was too cheesy of a moment. Everything else was ok. The characters were all fine except.. the family. Like I mentioned, without the original family it just doesn't make sense and you loose the Texas Chainsaw feel to it. If they would of atleast cleared up what happened maby in the intro and developed the new family to be more nasty the like original it would of been that much better. Despite all that, this could have been a very good sequel. It definitly had the potential.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Next Generation... Alot of fans despise this one. I'm almost neutral about this sequel. But lets get this straight. This movie, once again, ignored the previous movies - creating a new family leaving the timeline unclear. What the director (who was the producer of the original, I believe) decided to do with this film was, keeping in mind it was a sequel, they wanted to show what The Texas Chainsaw Massacre would be in the new generation. I really enjoyed what this one had. It really captured this sense of "lost in the woods" which I really enjoyed for a Texas Chainsaw film. The Leatherface had many scary appearanes in the movie. Robert Jacks (R.I.P.) played him well making him a true unpredictable madman. He really freaked me out. There's only a few things I can see fans disagreeing about. #1 biggest problem was no one was even touched by the saw. #2. The governement being involved with this clan of "cannibles" #3. again, making a new family, leaving timeline unclear and #4. They never ate any body. Instead they had pizza for dinner.
Besides all that, they had a great location to film. They really knew how to make the how so strange, filthy and disgusting with body parts laying around. Getting over the fact of a new family, they had some good new characters to be part of the family. Everything else was fine in my book. The story was fine. Them getting lost in the woods.. Classic. Then getting found by the sick phycopaths. Just great. Then all getting slaughtered. I mean why not? ...aside from Leatherface not using the saw on anyone. I mean after the movie, I wasn't blown away but I also wasn't asking for my money back.

-Just a side note but at strange ending, Jenny was looking at the original scream queen, Sally, from the first Texas Chainsaw and indeed was the same actor (Marilyn Burns) on that strecther.
- The man strolling Sally was the man who played Franklin who was the criple in the wheel chair in the original film.
- Also, the officer questioning Jenny was the actor who played grandpa from the... You quessed it- the orignal Texas Chainsaw Massacre who, was the youngest actor in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974), by the way.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2004) remake and the prequel, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning - All I am going to say is they are both almost the same movie. They are very good only they pull away from what The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is really about.

If anyone dispised the way Leatherface was a crossdressing freak in Next Generation well lets not forget about Mr. Ed Gein who Leatherface is inspired from. Yes, there was no family. Well before they all died there was. But thats when Ed was normal. Then after they all died he lost it and began digging graves, dressing like a woman wearing woman's skin and dancing around at night. Killing only 2 people, the movies are strecthed from the truth. It wasn't in Texas and there was no chainsaw involved with the killings.

Watch the movie Ed Gein. Not Ed Gein: Butcher of Plainsfeild with Kane Hodder because that one doesn't tell you much. The one thats just titled Ed Gein. It actually tells you the story. Theres one scene in the movie that just comes out of no where that scares the living shit out of me. Once you watch it, you'll know which one it is. Ed Gein... what a strange man lol

---
And this part is for you Dave, lately Halloween has really grown on me. Not just because of Rob Zombie's new master peice that many Halloween fans hate already. I just really got into it all. Michael is probably one of my favorite boogeymen now. I love the whole scnerio. Breaks loose, gets jump suit, mask, knife and stalks the town. Its fantastic! We should clash our ketchen knifes together, Dave. lol Its amazing how that all changed. Actually I love all slasher: Michael, Freddy, Leatherface, and Jason. Thats it for my list. I think they should all be on the top.

But Dave, I wish you would concider A Nightmare On Elm Street one more time. Actually take the time and watch it. Theres actually 7 movies except for the horrorible waste of time - Freddy vs. Jason. The only scary about the movie was that it was made. But anyways, for your sake, just watch part1-part3. 4 and 5 are.. well not your style especially if you hate them enough already. I hope you reconcider.

Now for the greatest show that started it all for me... Tales From The Crypt.. The show based off a 50's horror comics. The Tv show was great. With a creepy dead corpse as a host with his bag or cheesy jokes. Each episode is different, each tale is usually a tale of horror contain either back stabbers, ghouls/zombies, monsters, supernatural, maniacs ect with sometimes a sharp sense of dark humor. Its a great show that shouldn't be taken seriously. There's a fine line between horror and humor. It might not sound right, but for this perfect show, it does just fine.

kaizen12, Undefined, 16 years ago

if i were to chose my top 5 they would bee....

1.halloween(2007)

2.halloween(1978)

3.halloween 2

4.halloween 6

and finaly...5.halloween H20

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

Why is Shaun of the Dead up there? It isn't that horrific. Just to the point of nicely done costumes, gore, that stuff. Maybe some surprise moments. But it was mostly comedy.

I don't know about the new Halloween being better than the original. I'd say it's the other way around.

The-Wolf, Undefined, 16 years ago

I think Rob Zombie's and John Carpenter's Halloweens are both equal. They are two completely different view of the same story. Rob Zombie's is a more realistic story about a how a kid becomes a killer and his killing spree. John Carpenter's is how a boy is possessed with evil, which is why he's called the shape, and targets his sister and her friends.

-Same character in a different kind of tone perhaps.

killswitch, Undefined, 16 years ago

lol i remember creating this topic lol which by the way you guy got all wrong lol that was IMdBs current top 50, then the next guy thinks its my list and starts posting his own lol ... but it turned out better that way anyway , great thread

this topic has had some nice horror debates... lol Cory and Daveberg know there shit lol