daveberg, Undefined, 17 years ago

Jason lives is by far the best of series, and that wasn't even our beloved Kane Hodder!

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

Kane Hodder is the man. He is to Jason what Kevin Peter Hall was to predator. Nobody else can portray the character as well as him. Why they didn't cast him again in Freddy vs Jason I haven't a clue, as Ken Kirzinger took alot of Jason's true character away from him in that film.

thorndesignssig.jpg

shadowatching, Undefined, 17 years ago

did anyone watch lady in the water?????

Shadowatching_02.jpg

TOTAL DISTRUCTION, I LIVE FOR NOTHING ELSE
http://galvergd.proboards57.com/index.cgi

Angus_Alien, Undefined, 17 years ago

Well, to each his own.

I always hated Jason and his campy boring slasher films.
I always loved Michael Myers and Leatherface. And Freddy was always my favorite, always, next to Alien.
Actor Robert Englund is a master in his craft, and I am impressed with the fact that he reprised his role of Freddy 8 times. Whilst Jason, Leatherface, and Michael Myers were recast nearly a dozen times between them.

Unlike any of the previously mentioned killers, Freddy has personality, he was cocky and twisted. Also, he had a real frightening premise in his films. The concept of being killed in your sleep always fascinated me, while Jason and Michael are both mute killers, bound by the laws of reality.
I'll be the first to admit that the series seriously fell apart after the third film, but Freddy's three or four great/good/okay films out-rank Jason's zero.

Angus.jpg

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

lol not a bad topic if i do say so myself ...

mwaha : keep it up ... crazy horror fans

Universal Affliction: The best site on the Web ;)
Liquid GFX:Graphics central of the Universe;)
jbfjjjhrh.png

Ok, for one, what people think when they hear the term slasher has nothing to do what makes Michael or Leatherface better than one another.

I understand the Halloween theme where there's many people in masks, yes, that can be frightening and yes, TCM doesn't have that feel, it has a better one. The fact of getting lost in a backwoods area in Texas. Then descovering, not one but a family of phycotic, deranged, cannible serial killers. And what is more frightening is that you can not reason with them what so ever to get away. Wouldn't that be more scary than turning around in your house and quickly being stabbed to death. I'd much rather get killed quickly like that, such as in a Halloween movie.

As for Freddy. I expected you to say he was lame. I do admit the series got out of hand after the first three movies. Originally, Wes Craven wanted Freddy to be a mean nasty character, not a corny goofy character. He even said himself how he got pissed seeing how his character became a camedian. In the orignal Nightmare movie, Robert Englund created a character known throughout horror history. His character was suppose to be nasty, laughing in your face while you are screaming crouched in a corner and he'd say something mean and brutal. The movies after the original took his one liner idea and decided to make Freddy speak more which was the biggest mistake. But looking at the original Nightmare film, couldn't you say it was a master peice? No offense but I think you are being ignorant about Freddy. I respect all horror films, but you seem to know not too much about Freddy only that he's "funny". Haven't you notice his original character? And how it was suppose to be which was way much better?

And Stalker, (lol) There's more than just one great actor to play the role of Jason Voorhees.

And for the record, I own all the Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, I use to have a large porsion of the Halloween films but I am down to the first two and currently, I own all the Texas Chainsaw Massacre films and many many other horror films.

and also, Tales From The Crypt is the greatest! Thats what got me into horror when I was a young one, lol.

scarfacecory.jpg
.:Killswitch Forum:.
.:The Chainsaw HOUSE:.
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

lady in the water and h.p. lovecraft (i think i spelled it right) the wall of sleep

has anyone watched it

Shadowatching_02.jpg

Angus_Alien, Undefined, 17 years ago

Never saw Lady in The Water, and I adore H.P. Lovecraft's work. Why?

Angus.jpg

i rented both movies hp lovecraft looks like mirror mask

i was wondering what everyone thought of those two movies

Shadowatching_02.jpg

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

To me, most 'scary'-movies today aren't even scary at all. They try to be scary, which makes them less freightening and less enjoyable then they were intended.

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house got caught."

Yes, I agree. Only older films seem to me as scary. There's one movie that actually frightened me thats new. The remake of The Hills Have Eyes. The new TCM didn't neccesarly frighten, maby by the cruelness and how the family worked frightened me which the movies are about.

scarfacecory.jpg

checked the online poll the intial results came from ...

over 100,000 votes

Michael Myers (48%)

Freddy Krueger (20%)

Jason Voorhies (16%)

Leatherface (10%)

Chucky (2%)

Leprachaun (2%)

Universal Affliction: The best site on the Web ;)
Liquid GFX:Graphics central of the Universe;)
jbfjjjhrh.png

try some of the italian horror movies like demons or things like that.demons is a classic but maybe a little tough to get hold of.and i cant believe american werewolf has not been mentioned in here.

avp4.jpg

HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

American Werewolf in London ruled. Anyone ever seen Evil Dead? There's one for the ages. Idiotic in a way, but still fantastic.

As for the Halloween debate...

TCM vs. Halloween seems to be the general flow here... But what about Psycho? Can we really even talk about slashers without mentioning what was essentially the blueprint for them? I don't know how you can talk about suspense without mentioning Alfred Hitchcock. Without Psycho, I highly doubt Halloween would have existed.

deathdrop1.jpg

what about donny darko

wall of sleep is just messed up

and lady of the lake is hmmm

Shadowatching_02.jpg

Wes Craven's "The People Under The Stairs" is another great horror movie, it builds up a creepy sense of tension & dread throughout, as well as having some great sequences & truly menacing characters.

thorndesignssig.jpg

Oh, god, Stalker. I haven't seen that in forever. What a creepy movie.

scarfacecory.jpg

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

The all-time "Holy $%#@!" momment for me is in the original House on Haunted Hill. It's the scene where the lead girl (I have not seen this flick in a long time, so the names escape me) goes into an old room and knocks on the wall a few times. She turns around, and BAM! There's a ghost/zombie/witch/thing directly in front of her.

I was only 13, so I nearly shit myself.

deathdrop1.jpg

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

Heheh, wow. I didn't think this thread would bring back some memories of my fun, yet rather "messed up" years, but yeah. Thanks, guys. And that's a compliment. Now here's your fishy stick, Kill.

til_fishystick.jpg

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house got caught."

I've only seen the House on Haunted Hill remake, never watched the original, but from the trailer/footage I saw on the remake's DVD, it looks pretty dated & corny by today's standards. One of those old-time over dramatised movies, lol. Although it was probably quite chilling in it's time.

thorndesignssig.jpg