Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

and now they r remaking the thing (another carpenter classic)

avp4.jpg

HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

I do love the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre films out, they are fantstic in every way. For one, they use the Chainsaw alot more than they ever did. They got away with alot of gore. You actualy got to witness Leatherface strip a face off his victim. It explained alot of things and at one point, I never thought I'd say this but the new Leatherface brought back as great acting for the character since the original, Gunner Hensen. I have high hopes for the remake of Halloween. Rob Zombie has the ability of showing off very disturbing insaneness in his films and will go good in detailing Michael Meyer's mind in this new movie.

Just because Halloween is being remade doesn't mean he is going to ruin anything. John Carpenter's Halloween will still be there and if you wanted to, you could watch the Rob Zombie remake. It isn't there to replace the original film but only to look at it in another more current way with new technology and give it new stuff they couldn't do before. To make it entertaining in new ways. Never to replace it but only to look at it in a different way.

scarfacecory.jpg
.:Killswitch Forum:.
.:The Chainsaw HOUSE:.
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 17 years ago

The thing...?

"To me, everyone is crazy. The ones in the mental house got caught."

Mishmuf, Undefined, 17 years ago

Isn't that the movie where these in Antartica find an alien ship and in the ship is a creature that can become anything it infects?

Mishmuf_02.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

nostromo, Undefined, 17 years ago

i really dont think the thing was that scary. it was interesting though, for parts i can remember. how bout IT. it was really interesting, alittle scary, but the ending sucked

bacsig.bmp.jpg

Deathdrop, Undefined, 17 years ago

Hellraiser was pretty damn good, if anyone else has seen that.

deathdrop1.jpg

Ah, yes. The Hellraiser series is very good. So disgusting its almost beautiful. So weird.

scarfacecory.jpg
.:Killswitch Forum:.
.:The Chainsaw HOUSE:.
.:Message Board, RPG Rules & Information:.

the hellraiser series went downhill from the first one,which is a classic.

avp4.jpg

HuntersMoonMEMBER-byceltic102.jpg

daveberg, Undefined, 17 years ago

meh, i dunno how people rate the the original Texas chainsaw - it was pretty dull imo, the remake was far superior.

Michael myers is the epitomy of Horror - i mean, for christs sake, every Halloween, thousands of people walk around wearing his mask all over the world. Not really the same feel with Leatherface.

Plus Halloween just had more atmosphere than TCM, John Carpenter delivered an absolute classic on a shoe string budget and it became a world famous movie with a cult following.

When people think slash, they think Knife, not chainsaw. Halloween was the protagonist that started it all.

Then we get to Freddy......

Oh dear. What a lame character. I was not impressed by any of those films, the gore factor was completely uncalled for and they made a supposedly 'scary' character.......wait for it......FUNNY. What a sham.

I watched the top one hundred horror films over here in the UK a few months back and neither Friday the 13th or nightmare on Elm street got even close to Halloween in the rankings. 9Halloween was in the top 10 - the 'others' were between 20 & 50

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules
.:Liquid GfX Graphics forum:.

FireHunter, Undefined, 17 years ago

my friend showed me freddy vs. jason and i left the room in the first 5 mins!
no thanks,i'm sticking with godzilla,Alien and predator

sig.jpgBloodlust and ten thousand years of bitter
hatred fuel these Forces of Chaos,driving their relentless crusade to destroy the Emperor and reduce His Imperium to ashes.Let the Galaxy Burn!

shadowatching, Undefined, 17 years ago

if u want a mind f. movie watch audition the whole movie builds up to the last 15 min.

Shadowatching_02.jpg

TOTAL DISTRUCTION, I LIVE FOR NOTHING ELSE
http://galvergd.proboards57.com/index.cgi

wtf r u talking about

hatred fuel these Forces of Chaos,driving their relentless crusade to destroy the Emperor and reduce His Imperium to ashes.Let the Galaxy Burn!

I'm a fan of Jason, the movies were pants but the character is decent.

But Freddy blows. I hate All the nightmare on Elm Street movies and would much rather be watching the Ring or most defintely - the Grudge.

I guess the only time i enjoyed watching Freddy was when Jason beat the tar out of him in the VS movie, even then, we weren't treated to Kane Hodder playing Jason which was a real shame.

Bottom Line, Even though there were rumours, Halloween would never sell out Micheal myers into a pathetic VS movie, as a stand alone character, he is head and shoulders above the other two - like i said, a franchise that continues shows there's a massive market for Michael.

Pity movie producers are having a hard time trying to get any one to produce any more Jason or Freddy movies, why? Because they're pants.

Only decent movies behind Halloween were the TMC remake and prequel.

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

Despite all the "rip off" claims between the Halloween & Friday the 13th series, the original Friday movie was quite different to Halloween, & I don't consider it a rip off at all. Having Jason's crazed mother as the killer was a fresh twist, & added alot to that particular movie in my opinion. The movies which followed though were fairly mindless slasher flicks, even if I enjoyed most of them more than the original. Part VI: Jason Lives is the stand out movie in the series in my opinion.

I've always viewed the Friday the 13th series as more of a light hearted slasher fest than anything else. It doesn't create the suspense like a Halloween movie, instead replacing it with plenty of throw away characters for Jason to dice, meaning the Friday movies are more for simple entertainment than horror. I even remember someone during the making of Jason X saying "People come to watch Jason do his thing, swing that machete", which is what the Friday films are about in essence, mindless killing & plenty of gore.

thorndesignssig.jpg

Yeah but jesus, they are fecking daft as anything. I actually own all of them but c'mon, at least try to make a decent storyline or at least two or three consistant actors that you can associate with during the film.

Trying not to be bias, like i said, i wasn't impressed with either Friday or nightmares original movies.

Friday never really got rolling untill part 5, and Nightmare, well, just never did it for me.

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules

Dave,check the hive forums plz.
but,as i said,both movies would scare the SH!T out of me,and because of my friend,i'm not going to watch one of those movies again for a while.
but,i'm an 11 year old,what say do i have?

i was about 6 when i watched my first one with my mom "gremlins" i still love that movie but i was 10 when i started to get in to it and watched it with fasination after the first few times before i tried to get the makeup right for my friends on halloween

and u all talk about knowing horror movies

audition is about this guy who's wife died and he needs to get a new one so he holds auditions as if he is going to start a new show but this girl whos past is unknown she is psycotic but to get to the gross parts u have to watch the whole thing

Shadowatching_02.jpg

I'd recommend 'Dead end' a little known horror movie that i gleefully watched whilst laughing at my girlfriend who was to say 'Scared Sh*tless'

NEWBERG.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
Messageboard Rules

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

I definitely agree with you there. Jason's character never really began to develop into what he has become until part 5, which, ironically enough, didn't feature Jason at all, except in a couple of flashback scenes. The first few films in the series look like they tried a slightly more serious tone to the films, but then once Jason Lives (which in my opinion is by far the best film in the series) rolled around, most of that went out the window.

The Nightmare franchise on the other hand got so ludicrously over the top that it was more comedy than horror. In one movie he actually turns someone into a cockroach, traps them inside a roach motel, & then squashes them in his hand. Now if that's not ludicrous, I don't know what is.

Edit: Agreed m8, Dead End was a top horror movie, really unique & creepy. Loved it.

thorndesignssig.jpg

i saw that man i agree and audition is kind of like that i cant believe that i forgot about dead end i went awww and wow and that is kewl my friends went " turn it off it's gross" hehe love horror movie's

Shadowatching_02.jpg