predatoress, Undefined, 18 years ago

Three parted heart? Well, that's interesting. It explains a lot of predators advantages over humans.

What is their lungs like? I mean we mammals have pretty ineffective system of changing gas if u compare us for example to birds.

Thou who come into my way shalt die.

Well, that`s good to know;) It would be pretty hard to create new identities constantly... Especially if you`ve created your character so long.

And I kinda understand if the aliens lifeline is short. Well, think how fast they breed! If they would live long and they constantly keep breeding the resourses of life would be completely used.

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

It's also against our board policies to have more than one identity....:)

froggy.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Avier7777, Undefined, 18 years ago

When he died, the human was accepted into the caste because of the obvious endorsement from a late elder.

--

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm. I am asumming that you are talking about Machiko and the mark from Dachande or Broken Tusk. In this case I was always under the impression Dachande was an elder. I though he was simply a blooded warrior. Did I miss something saying he is? Or is their some fact that I have missed that imples he was an elder?

The_Reverand, Undefined, 18 years ago

Good Question, I've read around that apparently there's feuding clans, and that they each have their own respective hunting regions, But other than that I haven't really seen much on how they sort out their clan differences.

oh wait there's also another one where the clan leader either picks someone or duels himself against another clans champion or leader and he who wins get's his way and the other clan must adhere as is the honour code for "ALL" preds from birth in order for their never to be an outbreak of civil Yautja war.

purely specualtion though

To Die in Battle Is too Die with Honour
To Die without a Cause is too die for Nothing
- Semper Fi

Oh, and now I make you know that my full predator profile has made. It is shown in the end of my profile, if somebody is interested (Please, don`t get freaked out the mass of writing;).

I now it`s a mans world but this female don`t give a damn about it.
<-------=========------->*
Kill for honor. Die for duty.
Live for the thrill of the hunt.

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

The molds of the predator outfits clearly show male genetalia, so i would presume that the preds reproduce much like humans.

froggy.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

The_Reverand, Undefined, 18 years ago

Omg that's damn good question, we know how aliens divide and multiply, but how the hell do Yautja reproduce? I too haven't ever really seen a female (vague recollection of some comic book art at one stage but that's it).
so would that mean that either
A. We can't tell the differences between males and females.
B. Thy don't have females and produce a-sexually or via some process of cloning or something.
-or-
C.Giger never decided to give the Yautja a reproductive system and they might just come to be......... lol

To Die in Battle Is too Die with Honour
To Die without a Cause is too die for Nothing
- Semper Fi

Hmm... There are so many things what we don`t know about predators... Maybe this is one thing why they fascinates us...? It really makes your mind to spin around and imagine what kind of social systems and culture they have.

Oh, and I must say I had a bad mix up. The gun thrown by the Elder in Pred 2 wasn`t dated in 1917, it was dated in 1715! If the Leader has got it by himself he`d be over 282-years old! (The happening in LA was in 1997) But it`s possible that the stuff past to the next generations. (Well who am I to judge the pred`s as sloppies when I make errors like this! I can only defend myself by sayng I`m only a human - or a half-of-human...)

TDN, Undefined, 18 years ago

Loki, where have you been? I've been looking for you all over to try to get you in the RPG. Anyways, it's good to see you back. Well, now at least we have 1 member back.

TDN.jpg
We Endanger Species...
Preferably Yours

Otang, I'll bring this up for u. Here are some answers about predators reproduction and other interesting facts about their biology and society. Once I found these sites (where the info is from, I think): http://kleeng.iwarp.com/main/main_Frame.htm

Untitled333a3333lojas.jpg
~What the hell are you?!!~

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

So I was pretty right when I wrote in my story that 58 years old pred is kind of young... (Roswell 1947...)

Yes, yes you were.
------------------------------------------------
I kinda thought that my backround can be a issue to some predators... I mean if you crave for "pure blood" as your allies.

I know something you shoud read.
RECOGNIZING HONOR IN OTHERS

Predators are, in many ways, isolationists, which do not accept others into their broods. However, if a member of another species shows to have amazing honor, there have been known to be reports of a mutual respect between species. Most of the time, however, the Predator considers this an opponent and worthy trophy. This is always the case with hunters in Honored castes or less because they are in the constant search for more honor and will find it anywhere. However, Elders are more laid back, having earned enough honor for a permanent position. They consider honored fighters of other species as respected as their own kin. Elders have often let warriors of other species live after they have proven themselves honored warriors. This usually only occurs if the subject has killed a Yautja or fought alongside a Yautja in a fight. There is also a common practice in these cases, to maintain honor by exchanging trophies by both sides. This can offer equal or more honor than killing the opponent. Currently, there has only been one story of a human living in a Yautja community. This came from her fighting alongside an elder predator in a hunt. When he died, the human was accepted into the caste because of the obvious endorsement from a late elder. She was given the Mark of Honor, and therefore, became accepted.

Blood Seeker is equipped with standard Predator armor, 1 small wristblade, 1 Naginata, and a small Plasmacastor.

On avrege Predators live 300-1000yrs, the most sucessfull ones live longer.
----------------------------------------------

So I was pretty right when I wrote in my story that 58 years old pred is kind of young... (Roswell 1947...)

It's like two packs of wolfs, get tham together and blood WILL be shad. It's all about turf, turf and blood haha. As far as humans go, it's not likely, but it can happin with some humans.

----------------------------------------------

Aha. I understand. Wolves can be pretty harsh when they meet rivaling pack...

I kinda thought that my backround can be a issue to some predators... I mean if you crave for "pure blood" as your allies.

I am with you with all of my heart and soul. But I have to proof it sometime in RPG.

They spared my life `cos of my weird state of mind and my guts (I dared to resist an elder even I was totally vulnerable). But my first kill didn`t happen quite how they had expected... I had too much humaine feelings left.

Damn, I must write the story in here sometime so you can make comments on it. Does it sound believable this far?

Oh, and Blood Seeker - you are a walking database;)

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

I am with you with all of my heart and soul. But I have to proof it sometime in RPG.

Good to here, hope to see you in the next one.
They spared my life `cos of my weird state of mind and my guts (I dared to resist an elder even I was totally vulnerable). But my first kill didn`t happen quite how they had expected... I had too much humaine feelings left.

Hahaha, you sound just like a female Pred. Some time, and a few hunts can take care of that "humaine feelings" thing.
Damn, I must write the story in here sometime so you can make comments on it. Does it sound believable this far?

Please do, i love reading good story's.
Oh, and Blood Seeker - you are a walking database;)

What can I say? I enjoy my work.
Um... I'm not totally following these passages from a young pred to an Elder. There's Young Blood, Blooded and so on. Could someone explain the meaning of these?

Here you go!
\/Y\/ The Yautja Castes

The yautja social order listed from the lowest ranks to the highest. With the expiation of the bad bloods which in the eyes of the other yautja have no rank at all. They have the same status as pests and are to be eradicated.
ETA:
The untouchables of the Yautja. Mostly they are the lame or the crippled, who are unable (or too cowardly) to join the hunt. Instead, they serve as slaves and do menial jobs for the hunters. They are ridiculed and humiliated on a daily basis by the other Yautja.
UNBLOODED:
Young Yautja who are trained the skills necessary for their adult hunting. They will move to the next rank after their first hunt. Death challenges were forbidden. They can only issue claw-challenges. Also, hunting pyode amedha was forbidden. They represent about 40% at any one time.
YOUNG BLOODS:
Recently blooded Yautja. They are young, reckless, full of ambition and feel full of pride once they have collected the skull of their kill, which amuses the more experienced hunters. About 30% of Yautja at any one time are considered "Young Blood."
BLOODED:
The only difference between the BLOODED and the YOUNG BLOODS is that the BLOODED have more experienced but still not classed high among the great hunters. This represents 20% of the Yautja population.
WARRIORS:
Violent, respected, solo hunters with high Yautja technology. They travel the Universe to find honorable hunting.
HONORED:
The Elite of Yautja society. They have earned more kills than the average hunter and are skilled in all ways. They comprise approximately 10% of the populace.
ANCIENTS/ELDERS:
The greatest Yautja that have ever lived, they have survived a thousand hunts. They have hunted so much that they look for other means of sport. Consequently, they are more compassionate and disciplined than most other Yautja. Many have learned new fighting techniques over the ages. For example, one "Ancient" who had hunted in 16th century Japan learned "Hira Baraki," or two-sword combat, continues to use it today, and has two custom swords. These represent less than 1% of the entire population.
ARBITRATORS:
Yautja police that mainly consist of ANCIENTS who are bored with the Hunt. They represent judge, jury, and executioner. There are no appeals to their decisions.
BAD BLOODS:
The criminal caste. These are usually serious nutcases even when compared to your average Yautja. Many have committed crimes such as murder of another Yautja, killing prey that is not game or failing in the hunt. The "Arbitrators" are constantly tracking these. About 5% of all Yautja are "Bad Bloods," and in the above castes, the number of these criminals has been added to the total amount.

Blood Seeker is equipped with standard Predator armor, 1 small wristblade, 1 Naginata, and a small Plasmacastor.

You must ask it in Official Clan Topic, not here.

YoungBlood81, Undefined, 18 years ago

Can i join a clan?

solo_pred, Undefined, 18 years ago

some places iv read that feamale preds are bigger stronger and faster. but because of this you would think you would see them in a movie.

Balatu will slater evrey bit of life you have out of you.
The Gods of Death are alwas wathcing.
so die

Well, this is one more thing which remains in the shadows if the sequels don`t explain it. I personally think that they clone their race forward. But why they clone only "men" - if you assume from their masculine form that they really are men? Are we females weaker or are we just so unpredictable?