Xenomorphs and hereditary host behavior and traits

skull_ripper, Yautja, 8 years ago

Something that has fascinated me about the Xenomorphs is their retention of host instincts and desires.

For example, the Giger Drone molesting someone, then promptly killing them(out of what I believe is confusion). Then the Predaliens taking trophies, and understanding the basic concept of a duel.

It isn't simply ideology though, it infers a better understanding of the host species' true nature; what is tradition and what is nature.

If a Predator only took trophies based on cultural habits, would the Xenomorph spawned from it really do it too? I doubt it. However, many real species take trophies from kills, or in general. Also many species when fighting one on one fights, circle each other, until one initiates with body language or a vocalization; a roar in the case of Yautja.

---------------------

Now onto host traits of the physical variety! So we all know that a lot of traits carry over, while at the same time, they seem fairly minimal. The Giger Drone had a Human skull formed in the front of its cranium, and all the Human spawned Xenomorphs have Human-like teeth.

However, the teeth of the Runner and Predalien didn't seem to be at all like their host species. They in fact seemed almost identical to Human spawned Xenomorph teeth.

So is the Human-like tooth inherent to all Xenomorphs, perhaps from Human-like Engineers DNA being involved in their origins? Or is it because the Runner and Predalien were the offspring of a Human spawned Queen?

PredAlienWarrior, Yautja, 8 years ago

Well every species is different in their own respect. It is unnatural and confusing for us because we view it as a cultural thing or something they learn to do from watching their elders/experience.

However, as I said before, every species is different in their own respect.

Meaning, the Predators might literally have something in their DNA that passes down which gave the PredAlien it's instinct to take trophies.

Of course I don't know for sure but every species is different and as humans we barely know anything!!!!----------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3-zJHKRvw4

DeathWraith, Yautja, 8 years ago

"Then the Predaliens taking trophies, and understanding the basic concept of a duel.

It isn't simply ideology though, it infers a better understanding of the host species' true nature; what is tradition and what is nature."

Are you saying a Scottish person would produce a xenomorph that instinctively wears a kilt?

skull_ripper, Yautja, 8 years ago

Nah, I'm saying it shows that Yautja take trophies and fight duel-like things naturally, instead of based on a cultural norm. If it was simply a cultural normality, I don't think it would be passed on.

The "duels" I would assume arose from having to fight to gain status and establish dominance. The trophy taking is normally a way to impress possible mates when seen in animals, though not necessarily the taking of skulls in real species.

FireHunter, Yautja, 8 years ago

I'd say the basic understanding of the concept of a duel might be likely due to the increased intelligence likely acquired through the DNA of the Predator. Seeing as Predators are generally more intelligent than humans, it's reasonable to assume that Predaliens would emerge from their hosts with a bit more intelligence on their side just through the DNA. Don't quote me on that as I'm obviously no expert but I'd say it's a safe assumption.

Also DeathWraith I had a solid laugh at the thought of a Xenomorph wearing a kilt.