why did the pred in predator2 spare the pregnant woman?

beotray, Yautja, 11 years ago

was it cause hes a nice dude?

Ravagers, Yautja, 11 years ago

The predator didn't kill her because she wasn't worthy prey and a hunter doesn't kill a pregnant female because it goes against their code.

alienxeno, Yautja, 11 years ago

yes.it is dishonnor to the yautja.but the hish are an old species of yautja that dont give a shit when killing babys,pregnant females or chestburtsers but dont care.

concretehunter, Yautja, 11 years ago

Just to make everyone aware. Hish = Yautja

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

There's a big difference between "saving her" and "deciding not to murder her because she's pregnant."

Do i save people daily by NOT stabbing them in the jugular?

A very good point DD

daveberg, Yautja, 11 years ago

Predators kill for sport. It's all about the hunt and the thrill of the kill. There's no thrill of killing a defenceless pregnant woman or alternatively - a child in a cemetery (Also Predator 2)

To quote Arnie "It didn't kill you because you were unarmed"

That's the key-Sport. People talk about the honor code as if it's this great noble thing, but the reason they don;t kill unarmed people/children/etc. is because there's no challenge.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

^I like that, it turns them back into monsters.

My favorite part is when people try to say that Preds are heroic because they only brutally slaughter people with guns, as if that makes it OK.

"Hey, your loved one was killed, skinned, and beheaded by a monster from space, but don't worry; it was a fair fight."

badapple24, Yautja, 11 years ago

Well would you kill a doe with a child or if it's pregnant? NO because you wanna make sure they survive and Then you can kill them. But theres also the fact there is no challenge

badapple24, Yautja, 11 years ago

Well would you kill a doe with a child or if it's pregnant? NO because you wanna make sure they survive and Then you can kill them. But theres also the fact there is no challenge

^ That's actually the point I was making. They don't kill children because there's no challenge, not the nobler reasons often ascribed to them by the fandom.

Blizzard, Yautja, 11 years ago

No the predator just had a bad childhood and didn't want to cause harm to a child ...
that or it probably not the best thing to boast to your predator friend when he has collected an alien queen head and you brought back a pregnant women head
So basically what you all have just said

Dutchbaby, Yautja, 11 years ago

She was armed albeit it was only a sidearm.... But still...

She was spared as she was carrying a child (obviously), and although she was packing heat it goes against the yaujta code. The pregnancy enables offspring which in turn enables them to continue hunting. They don't hunt to make species extinct. They hunt for sport, training and for the crack at times...

alienxeno, Yautja, 11 years ago

*hish=yautja*

not true!nooot true!they wont give a shit to kill you,they are older,they make aliens their hunting dogs and they have no honour!tell me if that is a yautja!

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

Wait, how can you verify that?

I agree with -bloo-

Let me explain.

Yautja is our word for the SPECIES, Not the faction. Hish is simply the word that the Dark Horse comic writers use for the Yautja society.

Hish = Yautja

Sources.
http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Hish
http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Yautja_%28Predator%29

DarkLioness, Yautja, 11 years ago

Yeah, Hish is another word for Yautja. The group that used the Xenomorphs as weapons were called Killers.

beotray, Yautja, 11 years ago

you know, it is wise to let the speicies continue on but, preds have personalities to right? there are sweet ones badass ones and depressed ones.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 11 years ago

Not sure about sweet(maybe the youngsters and maybe the females).

I'm sure there are some depressed ones.