What would happen if aliens didn't need hosts

ChEsTBuRsTeD42, Undefined, 19 years ago

I mean like, what would happen if chestbursters just came out of the egg (meening that chest bursters wouldn't be called chest bursters) after the queen layed them. I didn't meen having newborn. The numbers would probly go up in the thousands!

Unknown, Undefined, 19 years ago

how long?

join the hive...
its the badest and the best!

ok...so it dont eat?

join the hive...

yup

THIS TIME ITS WAR!!!!!!!!!!!

100-1000 years, yea sure...

join the hive...

daveberg, Undefined, 19 years ago

Ok ok lets rewind here and look at the evidence before everyone gets stupid, yes?

Alien - no visual account or evidence of the alien eatin of the crew.

Aliens - no evidence of any type of consumption by the alien warriors.

Alien3 - First visual recording of an alien supposedly 'eating'

Alien Ressurrection - Again, no evidence of the xenomorphs eating.

Now, back to basics people. The alien grows so quickly because it has an extremely fast motabolism, this means it doesn't need foods to mature into full adult hood, what is not known and only specuated is whether or not the aliens actually need food to survive. The filteration tubes on the back of the creature act as a energy filter if you like, taking in all the surrounding gaseous elements and in some cases, liquid elements, these are broken down and fed into the acidic bloodstream and used as fuel for the alien, a truly fascinating biological system in my opinion.

One speculation would be that because the alien in the third film was bred from a dog it was more animalistic in its ways and scavenged like a dog would or a fox, the lack of the dorsal spines could possibly mean the alien had to replenish its resources by other mean - eating. All this is theory but could hold some substance.

As far as how long a xenomorph could go without eating (if it even has to) i would estimate it to be an extremely long period of time, as the creatures can survive in any environmental situation.

yep.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

like a 100-1000 years

profile.htmlgame over man, game over... o 2 more lives.
im an R.P.G alien
( new pic same great tast )
- my avatar looks like a evil retard no more
super nerds alone to gether, super nerds, nerds for ever

I think for ever hi

THIS TIME ITS WAR!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont think that wud be good. The movies and games wont be gory enough, and Avp2 wont be made since the only Alien alive now is the predalien on the pred's ship, and all the others are dead, including the queen (i think the queen froze 2 death). if they all hatched from eggs, then facehuggers wud serve no purpose!!!

Quinn, Undefined, 19 years ago

dont you know that drones or other aliens can make eggs by themselves. if you had ever watched alien specail eddition there is a scene where one of the crew is already mutating into an egg.

"The B!tch is Back"

St1mp0, Undefined, 19 years ago

this might sound really stupid.... but do the aliens need food to survive? if they do need to eat, then wouldnt they all starve as if they dont need hosts, then all the meat on the plnet would be devoured... therefor killing themselves would be the only option to survive... so, wouldnt they all just die out? seeming theyre all mindless killing machines?

ChEsTBuRsTeD42, Undefined, 19 years ago

I'm not sure if aliens need to eat or not.

they need to eat.

join the hive...

i'm sitting on the fence for this one, i personally think that it does eat, but it doesn't have to in order to survive.

yep.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

They do need some sort of intake to fuel them BUT, they can go for incredibly long stints without needing to eat.

yep.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

predator_1, Undefined, 16 years ago

READ aliens GENOCIDE . It shows a chestburster stay in the body and feed.
And in ALIENS 1 SREIES 2 Hicks says to newt. they have been FEEDING and maturing. ( hicks is talking about chestbursters)

And if chestbursters didnt chest burst itd be RETARDED.