Unfair rules

WolfThePredator, Yautja, 10 years ago

These rules are unfair. I came here to talk on forums and rpgs to have fun and use my scy-fy knowledge on avp but Peterson you're cool but unfair you lock cool rpgs rules are meant to be broken in life.And you banned my best friend alienxeno.Can we have fun without rules it will be easier and better for others who are new or want to have fun.

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

I'm not trying to backseat mod, Just throwing in my 2 pence

Are you serious?

Yes, In real life rules are supposed to be broken, But i come here to get away from my real life so that i can experience structured and good story telling.

I'm personally glad the RPG was taken down, It was silly, didn't follow the RPG rules and was basically spam. The rules are hardly unfair, In fact they tend to have flex in them. But when you break rules and that affect other members of the websites enjoyment; That's when a moderator will step in.

I mean have you even read the rules?

Above all, it is important to remain courteous and respectful of other members' opinions at all times, We are part of a tight community and appreciate the ability to remain in harmony with one another when discussing topics of interest.

No flaming/insulting other members. Instigation or continuation of this behavior will see you issued a warning or possibly banned.

So if you don't like the way the website is wrong we wont change to suit you. As far as i'm aware the majority are comfortable with the website and the way it is run.

I am in no way trying to insult you, I'm just trying to educate you. Please read the rules again.

Peterson may be the boss but I want to get away from my misery in reality and bossy people I was having fun until Peterson locked it.It's not fair now more misery is added in my life.

Peterson isn't the boss, He's simply a moderator. He locked the RPG for incredibly valid reasons and i hope he or any other moderator locks THIS topic.

We have rules for a reason, Please try to follow the rules to the best of your ability.

He thinks he's the leader just because he's a war hero.I can't take it anymore.reality is an ass, school is a pain in the ass, I can't even have any fun now it's not fair! Peterson lighten up and make it easier for others and just not have rules

This is not the correct way to handle this, Especially by reducing to insults.

I will no longer post in this topic as i feel it isn't my place to be saying these things.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

I've tried to stay away from this bullshit in the past so that I wouldn't "backseat mod," but let me break it down for you:

He thinks he's the leader just because he's a war hero.

I've been a member here since before Peterson even became a mod and throughout all my time here, he's NEVER shoved his status as an actual soldier in our faces in order to "justify" his "power abuse."

He mentions it casually - not once have I ever felt that he needed to shut up about it, and I personally think it's cool that we've had so many real soldiers join our site like Vevlaa and Kidd.

Please, I'd love for you to give me even just one example of a time where he treated someone unfairly because he's a soldier.

These rules are unfair. I came here to talk on forums and rpgs

Now let me stop you right there. No set of rules are ever perfect anywhere, but for the most part, ours have been solid and are updated to accommodate our changing community. There are things I've disagreed with in the past and have even fought for (like whether or not we should keep the Off-Topic threads), sure, but I like to think all of those were for legitimate reasons rather than "man he locked our nonsensical RPG?????? he must be a bitch!!"

And that brings me to my next point: If you read the rules about RPGs, you'd find that basically everything was wrong with that thread. The sparring room is meant for real writing. I'm by no means an expert on writing or the site's RPG Manager (nor am I even a professional), but I take a certain pride in our elaborate story-telling process, and your "RP" - and no offense - basically shat on all of that. This isn't an insult, it's a wake-up call: It wasn't even good enough for My Skull.

And you banned my best friend alienxeno.

Christ, why is he always involved in this bullshit even when he's been gone for months? There is no argument for whether or not he should be allowed back on here. He broke the rules, he spammed, he directly insulted a mod, and he made a fucking joke about committing suicide on numerous posts and even made it look like he was serious.

I.

Am.

NOT.

ALRIGHT.

WITH.

THAT.

Can we have fun without rules it will be easier and better for others who are new or want to have fun.

Look, I believe everyone can have fun if we all agree on certain things. No one else seems to have a problem with our system.

Wolf, I don't like the idea of anyone being banned, but you're making it very hard for me.

Edit: I'm convinced half the people in that thread are the same person.

Bloo illiana is my girl paul is my brother now I'm just stressed out from reality and I was excited to come on until Peterson locked an rpg up and I like hanging with elite

DarkLioness, Yautja, 10 years ago

My two cents

Ok that little jab you took at Peterson was just flat out rude and uncalled for.

We have rules on this site for a reason. A very good reason.

Alright do we really have to go through this whole alienxeno thing again? EVERYONE thought that his joking about suicide was the very definition of "poor taste", especially people that know someone that has commited suicide or tried to commit suicide. I really didn't find it funny because I used to be that depressed and take it from me: suicide is not funny nor will it ever be funny. That's ne of the reasons he was banned.

ThePredator13, Yautja, 10 years ago

Wolf....Pete is a good person and honestly that little swing you took at Pete was below the belt completely. I really don't know what to say because I might just get myself even angrier. So I'm going to step away from this now.

Dark I use to be depressed I am still now and I'm not trying to be rude to Peterson and I'm just fed up with the rules it gives me headaches and I thought on here I can hang with people like in a science fiction club

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

I regret ever posting in this thread. Someone needs to lock it before it becomes even more cluttered.

FireHunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

Concretehunter, your wish has been granted.

Peterson had right to do what he did, that RPG was ridiculous. If it wasn't him, it would have been me.

This topic is locked.

Peterson, Yautja, 10 years ago

On a side note here, I unlocked this topic to say my peace about this whole ordeal. I apprechate everyones comments but the fact of the matter is this wolf. Weather you agree with the rules or not doesnt matter, It's my job to enforce the rules as set by the original staff that were here before myself or any other active member apart from Daveberg, I have been a member of this website since 2006 originally and as -bloo- stated have never used my authority or power in an abusive manner. You broke the rules, deal with it like a man grow up and move past it, as for bringing alienxeno into the equation i have no clue why you felt it was needed, however know that ether i was going to ban him or another moderator was, it was already set in stone. You break the rules we let you off with a warning, you can clearly re read my post in the rpg i didnt issue a single warning and by all means i certainly could have warned almost everyone in that rpg in the last 10 pages. However out of kindness i did not. Do not mistake my kindness for weakness Because at the end of the day the fact of the matter is this, I am a Moderator and you are a general member, if you dont like the rules then you can leave nobody is stopping you and if you want to continue to directly insult me or another staff member then i can say this, your going to be banned. One more thing thats all its going to take, because myself or another mod will ban you.

daveberg, Yautja, 10 years ago

As a secondary note - I suggest people show some more respect for Peterson. He does a fantastic job of moderating here and leads by example. The rules are in place to prevent chaos and anarchy, both of which are quick to flare up and ruin online forums, I've seen it enough to know. As mentioned, if you cannot abide by our ruling system here, then this is not the place for you. Continual ignorance of our community guidelines, especially disrespecting staff will see you facing a speedy exit, we reserve the right to ban you without warning if you overstep the mark.

Some rules may appear harsh to some, but they are in place for a reason.

I ask you all to respect this, and again, more importantly, respect our staff.

Topic Locked.