The Predator 2018

tawganator, Xenomorph, 6 years ago

Just under one year until Shane Black's The Predator is due for release and we might as well start talking about what we know about it so far. For those that don't know, Shane Black played Hawkins in Predator back in 1987 and will now be directing the new Predator movie which will be set to take place between the first two movies (providing Predator 2 is still canon) though other reports say it will be set in present day 2018.

The cast contains the like of actors Boyd Holbrook (Logan), Olivia Munn (X-Men: Apocalypse), Trevante Rhodes and Keegan-Michael Key (Key & Peele). Filming began back in February 2017 and was wrapped as of the 2nd of June.

Production designer is Martin Whist and the creature effects are done by Amalgamated Dynamics. Shane Black also co-written the film with Fred Dekker. Fred Dekker has written on other movies such as The Monster Squad and Robocop 3 as well as the TV series Tales from the Crypt.

I myself see a lot of potential in the cast and crew that are making up this movie and hope that this will well received by the fans. So fingers crossed and hope that the studios don't fuck with the film.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 6 years ago

You know, I'm just gonna go ahead and appoint myself as The Decider and, as The Decider, I have decided that Predator 2 is canon and whatever tries to invalidate Predator 2 as canon is not canon.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 6 years ago

I've never gotten the hate for Pred 2; so much of the lore is established in that movie.

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 6 years ago

Yeah I'm still trying to figure out the hate as well.