Something Interesting in the new "Fire and Stone" solits...

Deathdrop, Yautja, 9 years ago

http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?pid=29482&disp=ilib&oty=1&oid=56302

So... What the hell is that thing? Looks like Ultraman and the Colossal Titan had a baby. It looks like another black goo fiasco, which means Prometheus stuff is getting integrated more fully. This rebooted Alien/Predator/Prometheus/AVP comics universe is going to be different, to say the least.

Here's the thing: Dark Horse just lost the rights for Star Wars to Marvel Comics. Were I them, I would be shitting my pants trying to find a franchise to replace it. If I had to guess, Dark Horse is trying to build this project into something to slow the bleeding. Alien and Predator WERE pretty big draws back in the 90's (they were like drunks in a bar, picking fights with just about every other comics character under the sun), so the move makes sense.

I won't lie-I'm interested. Even if the whole unified timeline thing doesn't work out, the Alien comics sound like they're gonna be something special. Anyone else have thoughts about this?

skull_ripper, Yautja, 9 years ago

My first thought upon seeing that thing was X-Files(the black squiggly stuff), then my second thought was how similar its chest configuration is to the engineers two suits, it looks like a cross between his pressure suit and chair suit. Also, its nose has the ripping seen on things like mandrils and some other primates, though why the hell it has four arms is beyond me.

My third thought was that it also reminded me of that one power rangers villain with the shredder style helmet and the exposed brain. Then my fourth thought was that I should eat a zebra cake and go to bed, so you know, stuff.

Lord Zedd1 THAT'S what it was reminding me of...

I dunno... I like the idea in theory, but it's a little hokey-looking.

badapple24, Yautja, 9 years ago

I think, that they made that a very subtle reference to the black goo, but that's none of my buisness.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 9 years ago

I honestly think they could have put more of Giger's style into the design of that thing (the Xeno-like ribs don't really cut it for me), but I struggle with imitating Giger's style too, so I know how goddamn hard it is.

I wonder how dangerous it is. How much input does the Prometheus team have in these comics?

Dronehive, Yautja, 9 years ago

I like how it looks like it's grating its pelvis on the Xeno tail. Other than that, meh.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 9 years ago

@Bloo: It doesn't look very dangerous to me since it looks like a grumpy kid getting dragged home by its parent for misbehaving in the store, though, it could be one of those things that acts harmless then kills you in a really disturbing manner when nobody is watching.

Keep in mind, it might look different in the comic itself, depending on who the artist is.

Waralien, Yautja, 9 years ago

Ok, so I've been collecting the comics as they release (btw thanks Dark horse for releasing the comics in a crazy order) and thus far I have yet to see anything that would resemble that thing.