krio, Yautja, 10 years ago

I don't think ARTIFICIAL humans count as human.

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

You can play Synthetics.

okay...

Deathdrop, Yautja, 10 years ago

Synth would be interesting...

It is a sad day when a members post is shorter than his signature.

Personally i'd love to see tons of humans, We don't get enough of them.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

Now that you mention it, I'd be cool to play as a synthetic.

Step 1: Older psoter writes a well received RPG post being a Synth

Step 2: Younger members of the site see that its funny, But not why its funny.

Step 3: 10 exactly the same RPG characters trying to emulate said older members, But create something that is boring to read and poorly done.

Step 4: Older members feel as if they can't write in there own style as that style is now commonplace and looks try-hard.

Step 5: ????

Step 6: Profit

We WOULD need a limit on Synths, just to prevent everyone from going down that road.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

"There can only be one, highlander!" but in all honesty, if there are enough humans, then maybe three Synthetics?

As it stands, We don't have 3 humans. But forcing class and rank would be interesting. Newer members being queens? Older members as traditional Giger drones? It may be a good way to explore the writing styles.

@CH: I love that, thank you.

I don't mind what I get drafted into. I could play a run-of-the-mill marine or even a medic and still have fun with that.

Peterson, Yautja, 10 years ago

the idea is interesting enough but im not sure about how it would actually work, as many members have been in their species for so long there would have to be extreme implimentations of the rules of each species as to prevent god modding.

Maybe before we start the real RPG, we can figure out our temporary species and then test them out in the bar thread (or maybe make a new development thread specifically for the new characters)? That way we can give each other pointers to sort everything out.

The Sparring Chamber would be a good testing ground.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 10 years ago

I think the switch should be random. As in, one or more numbers are assigned to each race. Then, when a member signs up for the RPG, one of the moderators does a roll on random.org and the resulting number shows which race each member will switch to. I think more numbers for a race would increase the randomness factor, but make sure the number of numbers is equal for each race and that they are equally spaced, to avoid creating higher chances for one race than another.

badapple24, Yautja, 10 years ago

I would enjoy being a predator

@DD: Fair enough.

@DW: I wouldn't mind that. If it comes down to choice, though, I'll be a human.

Edit: Although, being a Predator would be really interesting.

i would be a predator with the exact same personality like my xeno.

That isnt any fun at all

@Krio: That's completely missing the point, but fine.