Prequel

Nitras, Undefined, 16 years ago

i was just thinking about it they never ever explain wree the alien race comes from do they i have always wondred how they came to be does anyone know? guesses are always welcome as well wouldnt it be kinda cool if they made a prequel to aline explaining how the aliens came to be and how it leads up to the movie of alien. But then again staying in the dark wouldnt be so bad because theres alwasy the posibility that they can ruin and we certanley wouldnt want that. But im just saying that would be kinda cool. It would offer more knoledge to the alien fans and everyone else alike

johnconnor, Undefined, 16 years ago

id rather them make a movie like that than have another one with stupid clone ripley

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

Exactly what I was thinking.

Nitras, Undefined, 16 years ago

Ofcoarce anythings better than (a cheap shot like a clone ripley to make the movie interesting) Butt it still doenst have to be about ripley and than ripley wouldnt be introdueced to the movie yet until alien.
I was just thinking about a movie that explains how the aliens came to be. That would be cool to the fact that they can make a really cool movie. But when it comes to the actuall movie theres the 65 percent chance that it could fail it always semm that with movies the bigger part of the chart always semmes to go into failing. Think about it if a movie succeds okay great another good movie. But if a movie fail thatn things can get ruined. (Its like a big stain on a shirt well the shirts nice but than again theres that big stain). im just saying it could ruin the movies( This has nothing to do with the topic) But i still would like the idea of an alien prequel (take a risk) thants a good idea

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Well i thnik that not knowing where they came from is one good part of the whole alien thingy. If you know where they came from, you know how to make them, you know how to control them, you can make them pets and there goes the human species. Also, a prequel that explanes where the aliens came from should really not have human characters in it! That would be crap, cos then that would mean the humans know where they came from, know how to make them, know how to control them, can make them pets and there goes the human species...

black_warrior, Undefined, 16 years ago

The Prequel would definately have to involve Space jockeys somewhere, and i am glad that that was in the first movie.

The reason for that is because i hate it when a movie has no "past information' and in the future people come up with all these suggestions and then the creator would have to pick from good suggestions as well as stupid ones. I think it is just better to have alittle something to go on rather than just making something up from thin air which could turn out to be stupid.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

There is a theory that aliens may have been either created or genetically engineered by Space Jockeys, although I personally don't buy into that. A prequel about the creatures' origins could be an interesting idea, although it could also ruin the franchise at the same time, as the mystery is part of what makes it great.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

Some of Giger's early Xeno sketches supports the theory, although I don't like the idea much either, unless the Predator War theory is also correct.

These sketches include an Alien body with all sorts of chords around it, most of them attached, and what looks to be live Space Jockeys observing it. Of course, this can mean all other sorts of things like the jockeys capturing an Alien, etc. but the engineering is what it most likely is because it's missing some legs.

I'll try to find the gallery on the net, although it's probably in his "Giger's Alien" art book.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Hm, if you look at the space jokeys and the aliens, there is a certain resemblance, so maybe the aliens used to be space jockeys hm.... But i don`t care really as long as i have grape juice..