Predator 2 Trophy Case

Blade_Monstrona, Undefined, 16 years ago

In predator 2 when Danny Glover's character enters the Yuatja ship, we see a trophy case with several skulls hanged in it. Well it says in the Alien vs Predator Special features on the second disk it says that one of the skulls are a T-rex skull. Cause it did not look like a Tyrannosaurus skull. Were these people wrong or is it something else?

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

What? Are you saying they might be wrong about something THEY invented?

JJManiac, Undefined, 16 years ago

Lol nice one wraith.

anyways, the t rex lived over 50 million years ago. maybe the skull decayed a bit?

killswitch, Undefined, 16 years ago

Actually Death wraith i think youl find that Fox did not invent the T-Rex thus they could indeed be inaccuracte with their design ... so to answer the initial question . yes

And provided the predators took the skull of the T-Rex whilst it was alive (Or shortly after obviously), which im guessing they did considering thats the whole point of hunting the beast for sport in the first place, not merely skull collecting then the skull would certainly not have started to "Decay"

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

Despite the fact that Paul Anderson claimed it was a T-rex skull, it was quite obviously something else, as it had large mandibles extending from its lower jaw, it also had many smaller & less noticeable characteristics which a T-rex skull does not have.

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

Hunting to them is like food for us. It's important, I'm pretty sure they keep their prized possesions looking shiny and good.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 16 years ago

Actually, i think food for them is like food for us. And indeed that skull didn`t look like a T-Rex skull, but if they say it is, who can argue with them, it`s their story, crappy as it can get. As i`ve said so many times before, vampires have a russian accent because someone idiot thought that transilvania was in bulgaria, and Romania, Bulgaria and Russia are three different countries... But oh well, if that`s the trade mark, now everyone makes vampires with a russian accent. So maybe the T-Rex skulls in the predator movies look different and that`s how it is even though it`s an idiotic thing.

Stalker, Undefined, 16 years ago

It was Stan Winston's team who created the skull, Paul Anderson, who was completely unrelated in the matter, merely claimed it was a T-rex skull, he did not have any part in creating it.

Blade_Monstrona, Undefined, 16 years ago

Thanks you guys, Paul Anderson has no idea what he was saying.

honnou, Undefined, 16 years ago

I think , if I remember correctly , when I was watching that movie with the directors commentary, he said something along the line of

“ this is the trophy case with creatures from different worlds the predators have been to “

I don’t remember him ever mentioning that it was a T-rex at all.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 16 years ago

I've heard it called a T-rex more than once, but it's probably intended to be some sort of random alien monster.

Celtec-Predator, Undefined, 16 years ago

ok it was a trex but it looked very very crap like

Celtec-Predator, Undefined, 16 years ago

or was something related to a t-rex
or some monster

but looked like a t-rex