One Step Closer To Predator Technology.

Skystalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

I was searching the internet recently, and got to yahoo to go into my mail, and saw this article on the front page. The article states that scientists have successfully cloaked a wheel of copper wire. They accomplished this by bending light, or creating an artificial mirage so the wire was not visable from any direction, almost exactly resembling the yautja cloaking device, as all the books and source material ive read state that to cloak, the yautja literally " bend the light around them to become invisible". Hopefully, this is slightly on topic since it relates to technological advances in our own society, which have close ties to the AVP universe. (if any mod believes this is off topic in some way, feel free to delete it, no harm no foul right? hopefully) anyway if you dont believe me here is the article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061019/ap_on_sc/cloak_of_invisibility

Yautjasig2.png

I am The Shadow On The Moon At Night
Filling your dreams to the Brim With Fright

Angus_Alien, Undefined, 17 years ago

Neat. :)

00Alien_sig01.png

shadowatching, Undefined, 17 years ago

some one probably came in and taken it when their backs were turn and they marveled at the sight of the no wire there and they probaly cant find it now (lame joke i know) but i am comming down from a sugar rush ( yea u heard me stalker)
EDIT: ok i read the page and they are talking about using it for civil and military i think that the military would have it and i highly dnt think that the civil would have it
Shadowatching_02.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

Otang showed me something similar to this not long ago, where they had actually camouflaged body parts of a live person. Although really, we are only one step closer to the Preds' most basic of technology. When Humans were still in their extremely primitive evolutionary stage, Predators had already mastered the art of space travel, showing how technologically superior they are to us, & always will be.

The weapons & equipment which Predators hunt with are comparable with today's hunting rifles & camouflage clothing- simple hunting gear, no more, no less. I imagine that their most powerful & advanced technology has still gone unseen. For example, hunters today use camouflage clothing, which is the Human equivalent of the Predator's cloak, but is nonetheless, basic technology. I imagine it is much the same with the Predators, cloaking is standard equipment for them, so imagine what would be considered as their more advanced equipment, the possibilities are almost endless.

thorndesignssig.jpg

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

sound cool same weapons as predators

in Space No can hear you scream

ChEsTBuRsTeD42, Undefined, 17 years ago

I'm scared. If enemies get their hands on this technology, I'm moving out of the country! It's one thing to see it in the movies, but another to see it in real life. Sorry, but this is a big risk with big prizes at the end, but a big downfall if we should fail. I still think it's an interesting area though.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
http://jak2and3.proboards50.com/
http://agent42.proboards38.com/
http://dewcanboard.proboards28.com/

chestburster24 i 100% agree with you i am scary to

in Space No can hear you scream

shadowatching, Undefined, 17 years ago

now let me think how to get the technology out of their hands hmmmmmmm * evil smile spreads* (it would be the eyes but i wear goggles )

Shadowatching_02.jpg

Eh. The Japanese have made some cloaking cloaks. Just look around the sites mentioned at the bottom of the wikipedia artical about Predators.

Anyway, every country will end up using it in the military, and a significantly weaker version will be made for civillian uses.

Atleast, thats what I predict.

Drenton.jpg
This is your life. Consumer. Animal. Hypocrite. Worthless.

predatoress, Undefined, 17 years ago

Yes, I've seen a cloak like that before. I also want a car with chameleon color lol Looks cool when it changes color by light.

Good idea, only problem is that in the end it will be on military use, and people goes crazy and there will be 3rd world war. Humans never change, I bet the scientist who invented fission didn't imagined it to be used in nuclear bombs.

It's all about power and money. Greed, greed, greed. If I ever invent new mutated species or some great new biological invention which could be used in military hell no, I would burn every prove of it's existence, even it would cost me fortune. It's enough if I can live, I have shelter and I have some food on the table. No more, no less.

If I could have that cloak I would probably start world wide sabotage on goverments and their military forces rofl Making sure though that no one gets hurt (what kinda yautja am I?!? lmao). If I would get hurt that's fine. At least I would have greater purpose to die for.

But in the end why I should care? People causes their own problems.

new-Predess-sig.jpg

SUOMI FINLAND PERKELE!

Skystalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

This also brought another interesting idea to my mind: Since we are just starting cloaking, it makes me wonder how close we are to any other forms of predator weaponry, i mean the plasma kind, not primitve variety? Since the military and government have so many other programs going on, it does make my mind wander and start me thinking about holograms but ill probably be pretty old when we actually start building holograms and plasma weapons. (If we can ever stop the pointless wars and actually work together to achieve something interesting)like our space program, which has been seriously slacking as of yet, we should be on mars or at least the moon with colonies by now. As Predatoress said its wars that cause the problems not solve them, although at certain times there is a need to fight, WWII was one of those times.

Yautjasig2.png

I am The Shadow On The Moon At Night
Filling your dreams to the Brim With Fright

it sounds good!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

it will cost lots of money i will tell ya dat