maybe our standards are to high...

hyroglphsarenice, Undefined, 16 years ago

ive been thinking maybe are standards are to high? i mean we critize avp, alien res, and in some cases alien 3 and predator 2. so why have set the bar so high? cause well we have seen greatness ala alien, aliens, (your choice of predator 1). but the thing we have to remember (at least in the alien franchise) is the first two were directed by some of the best directors. so is it fair that we judge oh say anderson next to cameron?

-Bloo-, Undefined, 16 years ago

Well, maybe not Anderson. But many of us have no idea how great the Strause Bros. are at directing. Maybe they're the next Ridley Scott in the Alien/Predator saga, maybe they're the next Anderson.

There's a huge chance that our standards are high but that doesn't mean we can't be excited about the film.

K1LLA_4_H1RE, Undefined, 16 years ago

from what i have seen the strauss bros have my full support

i still like avp and i wouldent blame the whole thing on anderson because fox were the people who wanted it 15 so i mainly blame them ether way i liked anderson's vision and i think it was a alright movie but then again he did some big shocking directing in the film tht people dont like so ... whos u tryed, gaved it ur best, theres nothing to be ashamed of if u gaved it ur best thats all i can say

Broken_Tusk, Undefined, 16 years ago

All we can do is speculate at this point, like bloo said strauss brothers may just be that ridley/cameron caliber we have been waiting for, or they could be the next uwe bowle (directed house of the dead, dungeons and dragons, bloodrayne, etc) for those who do not know.

All we can hope for is something closer to our beloved franchises that anderson's AvP, I am excited after the trailer, however that excitement also holds some doubt after the first AvP, we will see......

Broken_Tusk, Undefined, 16 years ago

All we can do is speculate at this point, like bloo said strauss brothers may just be that ridley/cameron caliber we have been waiting for, or they could be the next uwe bowle (directed house of the dead, dungeons and dragons, bloodrayne, etc) for those who do not know.

All we can hope for is something closer to our beloved franchises that anderson's AvP, I am excited after the trailer, however that excitement also holds some doubt after the first AvP, we will see......

MonsterOfEnergy, Undefined, 16 years ago

Its good to set your bar high. Its good to expect the best, and I don't think we are setting it high at all when we say that Alien Versus Predator and Alien Resurrection were horrible movies.