How do xenomorphs use the restroom?

zero-alpha, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Read the title. Ok, back on topic. Some say xenomorphs eat and some don't. But if they do, then how do they take a ........ yeah you get the point. Share your thoughts in the comments below! Zero-Alpha away!

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I think they don't actually make feces, I think if they do eat and thus take shit type things, they probably produce hive wall stuff instead, far more efficient which is how the Xeno's roll.

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

There's no evidence to support that they actually need to defecate (or, to put it eloquently, take a shit), and the usual shortcut can be taken, that they're alien and that's that.

However, assuming that they do need to eat (and don't do it for some sort of entertainment) and assuming that their digestive system doesn't consist of just a stomach filled with acid that breaks everything down until there's nothing left in a matter of seconds, I'd say that they shit like anything else, or perhaps the Hive resin is actually their shit, we don't know.

Props though, unlike the winged/giant xenomorph threads this one actually has some good speculation depth to it.

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I'd assume the perfect organism would make hive wall or something. Netherlands that, or they... don't?

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

It is possible that they need to eat to produce the sticky hive substance, but I've always assumed that the hive is itself an organism that includes the Queen's egg-laying appendage. Perhaps they could still need to eat to generate the seed of the hive that will then keep growing, consuming all it can around it.

Tuand9, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I guess the hive stuff is their saliva and the queens skin when she molts or any of the xenomorphs skin when they molt. Not when their a chestburster when their an adult