Did the engineers from prometheus create yuatja?

beotray, Yautja, 11 years ago

did the engineers create the predator?

Dark, Yautja, 11 years ago

no, they were both at war with each other, they actually made the xenomorphs

ahh, so who is probaly going to win?

FireHunter, Yautja, 11 years ago

I'd rather not mix the two universes, but it seems likely that the Jockeys would win, despite just being big, angry humans. Their bioweapons would wreak havoc.

:)

but i hope preds win

supersonicman96, Yautja, 11 years ago

I think the Engineers are at war with the predators instead of creating them, but we never know, we saw what happened in prometheus

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

Here's the thing: The Alien/Prometheus timeline works a lot better without the existence of Predators, and the universe established in Predator works better without a second race of humanoid aliens that could kill all the badass hunters without even thinking about it.

It's a bit like (and forgive me, because I'm about to get straight-up nerdy) how the old DC comics had Earth 1, Earth 2, etc.

Think of it this way: The Predator universe had Aliens in it, but the Alien universe doesn't have Predators.

i wish they could create jockeys vs preds vs xenos

Uh... Why?

cause, sounds beast!

daveberg, Yautja, 11 years ago

I think you meant to say "It sounds ass" ;o)

Preds have nothing to do with Aliens or the Engineers. It was just a cash cow brain fart to start including them in weak crossover comic book adaptions to try and expand the universe and pull in more fans.

Both AVP films were trash. In fact, prett much all Vs films i've seen were trash, no more for me pease.

every body keep writing i want to see want others say!

please comment

concretehunter, Yautja, 11 years ago

>Please respond.

Well what we need to keep in mind is the fact that the Engineers may have created the Predators And much like in Prometheus the Engineers may be trying to destroy the Yautja, Much like they are trying to destroy the humans. We need to think how developed the Yautja are. The Yautja's ships are equal if not greater than the Engineers. And the Yautja's scientific ability is also incredible considering they cant become INVISIBLE.

The yautja's control of non organic materials may make them an equal foe to the Engineers who have extreme understand of Biological weaponry/technology.

I dunno, I'd still prefer there not be any crossover between the two.

If there HAD to be, though, I think the Engineers need to be portrayed as very, very powerful, moreso than the Preds. A cool scene would be to have some Preds discover a Jockey ruin while on the hunt, realize what they've found...

... And run like hell, because even they know when they're in over their heads.

badapple24, Yautja, 11 years ago

I don't think the engineers created the xenos or the yuatja. Mainly becaus in the first avp The one person said the "hunters" created the ultimate prey... Xeno's so thats what happened in my head.

concretehunter, Yautja, 11 years ago

Bad apple we kind of have proof that the Engineers made them XD

jaguargod, Yautja, 11 years ago

How could the Predators have created the Xenos, per AVP, when the AVP storyline was only an afterthought following the established storylines of the two other series? Nothing in AVP should ever be considered to be the definitive mythos of Alien or Predator. The concept only works in comics and video games. Perhaps, and it is a very big perhaps, if a "real" director took a shot, they might be able to do something with it, but I'm not even sure then. I know that after Paul "Disaster" Anderson, and the Low Lighting brothers, I don't think any respectable director or producer would touch this franchise with a 10-foot pole.

daveberg, Yautja, 11 years ago

The AVP films are not canon.

They have absolutely nothing to do with the mainstream alien franchise and should be completely ignored.

chandler810, Yautja, 11 years ago

Lots of unknowns. First we don't know how many Engineers there are. So being at war with the predators could be on equal footing. If there is only a couple hundred engineers and thousands of predators. Second we don't know where Engineers or predators come from. Maybe they did create the predators and they turned on there creators. I'm sure given the chance xenomorphs would attack the engineers. Next look at the star map in Prometheus there were other routes to other systems so who knows what they have created or how things have went in the 2000 years that, that ship has been in dry dock.

Last thing is why is AVP not cannon? Nothing in any of the movies have went against the timeline. Might be bad movies but they still fit. Alien reserection was horrible but still counts in the series. I've yet to see proof that they don't connect.