Dallas in AVPR

Karo, Yautja, 16 years ago

Alright, IMDB says that Dallas is in AVPR and that it is in fact the same character from Alien, I was just wondering why and how this possibly makes sense lol anyone? It just pops so many irritating questions into my head. Its only a few days till I witness this wholesomely intense film myself but i cant help but talk as i hear lol

I didn't see this anywhere but if I'm in the wrong posting it here please lock ect

-Bloo-, Yautja, 16 years ago

I'm going to have to kick somebody's ass if they introduce time traveling.

shadowatching, Yautja, 16 years ago

the avp2 game I am playing on psp, is roughly like the movie, and so far no no time travel. The game box said "just like the movie" so, all i can say this is, there is a school, a grochrie store called "big dean" kidd would love that one. And, woods of course and inside of the ship, the bridge area. But, thats the game and I hope its almost like the movie -nods-

Deathdrop, Yautja, 16 years ago

One of the characters is named Dallas as an homage to Alien, but I'm pretty sure he isn't THE Dallas.

caboose3456, Yautja, 16 years ago

God I hope not

predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

You are taking crap from that site seriously? There is a Dallas in the movie but it is just a throw back put in by the directors.

Kidd, Yautja, 16 years ago

If they do introduce THE Dallas from Alien, I will only have one thing to say,"Blame the Strauss Brothers."

To me, it may be a rumor. Of course, they threw in Mr. Weyland in the AVP movie, thanks to Anderson. Hope the Strauss brothers live up to everyone's expectations and throw in Dallas from Alien. Afterall, it is the people's fault for getting their hopes up on thinking that some other director will bring back the true value of the movie.

If the Strauss do not introduce Dallas in AVPR, good job. If they do, I'll be laughing. After all, it is just a movie, a movie that is made to earn money and to entertain the people.

Just putting in my two cents worth.

EDIT: Shadowatching, thanks for pointing out your post to me. Now that I read it, I do like it because, Big Dean is what my family called my dad when I was Little Dean. Now I am Dean-O. XP

The-Wolf, Yautja, 16 years ago

Its not the same person. Go figure.

Yeah, now that I've seen it I guess it's just to reference Alien but I am still curious as to IMDB's character page on Dallas which puts him in both movies. It seems people just don't trust that site but I have been using it for a couple years and I haven't seen anything else too questionable lol whatever, I am so glad its not the same character.

Hunter_Predator, Yautja, 16 years ago

I haven't seen the Alien movies in a long time, so correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Alien movies a couple hundred years in the future or am I mistaken? Because if they were it would be impossible for it to be the same guy, and they just happened to pick the name Dallas for that character.

OTANG, Yautja, 16 years ago

I agree, its just one of the many subtle references to earlier movies. Finally a Yutani reference! Heehee

XenoHunter, Yautja, 16 years ago

Hey,what if it is the real dallas?Let me explain.The dallas in avp:r is only a teenager right?So mrs.yutani has the technology to create star ships. So dallas is about 40-50 years old in alien. Im assuming he is only 18 right now in avp:r. The world should be ready for that kind of technology in about 20 years, so that gives Mrs.yutani plenty of time to make space travel,huh?Make sense now doesnt it? EDIT:No it doesnt,because then dallas would have known all about the alien...

Yeah, IMDB has corrected it lol we can all just forget this lol

predator428, Yautja, 16 years ago

Xenohunter, you are aware of the year that Alien takes place in aren't you?