ChrisP, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

@ Auto_Pred,

Yeah man, I am exactly the same as you. I only every play AVP2 on my PC, it's the only game I own for PC actually. You should be fine if you can run AVP2. I heard they're using the same engine for AVP3 anyways.

The controls for me I learned fairly quickly. haha, After being completely cloaked a s Pred in amungst 25 marines, I click the wrong button, unclock myself and roar. I was dead in the water. haha, too funny. Makes you learn it quickly.

...And yes. AVP3 will be out on PS3, XBox360 and PC. Confirmed.

You shouldn't have any problems Auto_Pred, none what so ever. But with PC games, like many said it's always possible to upgrade to get it "that much better". Me, I really couldn't care less though. haha

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

My old Dell from like seven years ago could play AVP2 and a few other games no problem.

I mean, you shouldn't expect a seven-year-old PC to run Aliens Versus Predator, but I don't think you have to worry about having a top of the line product to play any modern games, just something decent enough.

Auto_Pred, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Cheers Chris, and Bloo..

Hopefully your right, coze there's just a unique feeling I get when playing AVP2 on PC. Completely different to lets say Halo 3 on Xbox 360..

I'm hopeful I'll get that with AVP3 If my PC can run it well enough, which is a instinct possibility now. Thanks again Chris.

Then again, the 360 version should be awesome as well..

I know what you mean. In fact, I feel the same thing when comparing Halo: Combat Evolved to the third. Bungie almost failed with the campaign in the third, but with the first I didn't think they could have made it any more enjoyable.

Hopefully that's not the case with AVP3 or ACM. Thanks to online play, producers and studios concentrate a hell of a lot more on the multiplayer aspect of a game than the overall quality of everything else. See, there are only a few games that works for, like Team Fortress 2, Left4Dead, or maybe some rhythm game like Rock Band.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

I am disgusted by gameplay on consoles. I can't pick up a controller without feeling like i'm going to puke any moment. I just don't understand how someone can play a game without having WASD fopr moving, F for flashlight or melee attacks, Ctrl for crouching, Space Bar for jumping, Shift for sprinting, Tab for scores or map, M for map, 1234567890 for weapons, E for Use, Q for switching to the last used weapon or other stuff, G for grenade, Z for zooming and so on with the many other keys a keyboard has, PLUS a mouse for instantly and accurately moving the crosshair, having two or three buttons for attacking or zooming or other stuff. I really couldn't imagine playing a game without more than 80 buttons and a mouse to use for it.

I'm comfortable with both a console controller AND a mouse and keyboard, and I agree the mouse and keyboard is much more versatile and all that other stuff, but I guess the only reason I'm able to play with a console controller as well is because I started with that.

Good old Super Nintendo.

Anyway... the only games that ARE truly better on consoles are rhythm games and third person games. And maybe 2D-scrollers.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

Well i started with Super Nintendo too, but i've only ever played 2d games on it. And because of that probably, i can't play 2d games for shit on a keyboard. I keep trying to play Super Contra but i just... can't.

And now that you've mentioned 3rd person games, i disagree. I play 3rd person just like 1st person and couldn't do it without a mouse. But i think race games do as well on consoles as on computers now that i thnk of it. You only need about 3 buttons aide from the movement keys and the mouse is pretty useless. I'd like for example to play trackmania on console, i think it would be much easier than on PC.

I never could play Super Mario 64 on PC, but maybe that's because it was meant for consoles anyway.

You know, I've never actually really played any third person games on a computer.

Edit: What they need to do is let people use the mouse and keyboard on a console if they want to and take off that auto-aim option.

I would personally love to just play these things on PC, but in recent years I've been more of a multiplayer guy and everyone I know uses an Xbox 360 or something. And sometimes playing with random people every match isn't as fun.

predator428, Xenomorph, 14 years ago

My first copy of this is going to be for the 360, so no need to worry about tech issues. I've always preferred a hand held control's analog sticks for movement over a keyboard, mainly because I was incredibly uncoordinated with it and therefore got ass-raped whenever I played PC games online. If I get some extra cash I'll pick it up for PC anyway, because I'm just that white.