Archie Meets Predator

Deathdrop, Yautja, 9 years ago

-Bloo-, Yautja, 9 years ago

Honestly, that sounds kind of... amazing??? It at least looks a hell of a lot better than all the Star Wars/Disney crossovers I'm seeing.

I mean, fuck, they made Superman vs. Aliens kinda-sorta work... I just don't understand how they can possibly do anything with this. They can't have skinless bodies or decapitations in an Archie comic (although come to think of it, there was that 'Afterlife with Archie' thing recently that was super dark), and without that... I dunno, what's the Predator actually supposed to do?

-Bloo-, Yautja, 9 years ago

I dunno, I guess I'm just being optimistic. Like, damn, they gotta have something goddamn crazy in mind if they're attempting something like this. It's like when Japan had to censor dicks, so they invented bukkake - that's what I'm counting on here.

I mean, not bukkake, but like, something crazy.

Blizzard, Yautja, 9 years ago

can't be worse than tarzan vs predator ....

Tarzan vs. Predator at least made sense conceptually, though. You could describe in one sentence what Tarzan fighting a Predator would be like: "Imagine the last third of the original Predator, but the entire time and with more lions and shit." That sounds pretty good.

Plus it works thematically. Predator takes place in a jungle, Tarzan is the king of the jungle. Predators hunt humans like animals, Tarzan was raised by animals. Predator has advanced technology, Tarzan uses primitive tools... etc. There's room to move there for the right writer.

Archie, though? What's he gonna do, challenge the Pred to a milkshake drinking contest?

Actually, yes, that would be pretty great. Never mind, let's just do that.