aliens' armor derability

nostromo, Undefined, 17 years ago

could regular modern bullets kill a alien? a alien has alot of naturl armor, so wouldnt it be hard to penatrait it with bullets? futureristic bullets killed them in aliens, but they explode on impact or somthin.

Mishmuf, Undefined, 17 years ago

It really depends on what kind of gun we're talking about. The guns in Aliens were armor peircing rounds, so certain carbines and rifles can kill them, but I'm not so sure about pistols.

Mishmuf_02.jpg *sigh* If only I was witty enough to think of something to say here.

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

Yo, i was wondering. what would happen if a really strong alkaline got into an alien's bloodstream: I mean wouldn't it neutralize thier blood? Would that kill them?

0.jpg

Stalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

Aliens' chitinous exoskeletons are capable of resisting low-caliber ballistic rounds, although not much more than that. Most weapons are capable of easily penetrating their defensive armour, as there is only so much punishment it can take. In Aliens, handgun rounds simply ricocheted from the head of one of the warriors, although they have a tougher exoskeleton then most other xenomorphs.

Today's standard issue military assault rifles, such as M4A1's would more than likely be able to shred through a xenomorph's exoskeleton with relative ease. The pulse rifles in Aliens fired light armour piercing rounds, & were easily able to cut down their defenses, so I imagine many modern day weapons would be able to as well.

thorndesignssig.jpg

shadowatching, Undefined, 17 years ago

heres a question that i wanted to know

if i used a 357 and shot it at the aliens what would it do? if i shot it at the head

Shadowatching_02.jpg

Skystalker, Undefined, 17 years ago

I do think our bullets would be able to do enough damage. We now have guns that have semi-automatic-armor-piercing-explosive rounds. (Wow now thats a mouthful) but since thats still in prototype stages, and no normal person carries something like that around on their person, id say aliens armor isnt necessisarily that durable anyway, since in AVP they were stabbed, sliced and or impaled.

Yautjasig2.png
I am The Shadow On The Moon At Night
Filling your dreams to the Brim With Fright

shadowatching, Undefined, 17 years ago

sigh longly at the impailment

Shadowatching_02.jpg

Unknown, Undefined, 17 years ago

Anyone got any answers to my question about alien blood an alkaline?

And also, would alkaline corrode through bug armour?

0.jpg

Crow, Undefined, 17 years ago

I am assuming that alkaline is a base. If it is a base, then yes, it would neutralize the acidic property of a xenomorph's blood. However, it would take a very strong Base to do so, and a lot of it.

I am not certain if a strong base would effect a xenomorph. Just because their blood is acidic does not mean that their flesh is vulnerable to bases. It could have the same effect that a strong base has on any organism, or it could have no effect at all.

Crow_04.jpg
And thus I clothe my naked villainy
With old odd ends stolen forth from holy writ
And seem a saint when most I play the devil.