Alien MMO

x_saysell, Human, 15 years ago

I know this has been circulating for a while, but never really talked about on here. So, what are your thoughts on the idea of an Aliens MMO (massivly multiplayer online). Do you think it is a good idea, bad idea? How would you do it if you where head of the dev team?

DeathWraith, Human, 15 years ago

An alien MMO? Well... seemes kinda... not enough stuff to work with. A MMO needs to have a huge world with a great variety of stuff in it. An RPG like Mass Effect maybe, but not a MMO, i couldn't imagine that.

predator428, Human, 15 years ago

The universe has never really been fleshed out enough to create a large world for players. There have been no alien races, other then the xenos of course, and the only possible antagonistic force would be Weyland-Yutani. Any attempts to spread out the universe would probably just be filled with sci-fi cliches.

What if it wasn’t a MMO in the sense of the big name titles, like WOW for instance. What if it was more like something like dead frontier. For those who are unfamiliar DF is a MMO in which you are in a postapocoliptic city, and have a city to explore, including building ECT. Why I bring this MMO up in particular is because, of the way it handles enemies. There are several models of zombie which change varying on difficulty. Now what if a similar system was in place for an Alien MMO, i.e. Drones being lowly common enemies coupled with runners then further down the line warriors, although allot of material from the comics and games would have to be implemented (Pertorians for example). There is (if we include non-canonical sources) allot of room for enemies with an alien MMO. As for places and the like, there is a hell of a allot of universe to play with, spaceships, planets you name it.

Deathdrop, Human, 15 years ago

Ultimatly, an alien game is going to boil down to killing aliens. That'll get old fast. Maybe as a shooter, but MMO?

Whos to say a MMO can't be in the first person perspective?

chopper27, Human, 15 years ago

I'm kind of agreeing with deathdrop, a multiplayer-first preson shooter would be mabye better.

"Hunt you down all nightmare long"
METALLICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cleticyautja, Human, 15 years ago

sounds like a gd idea to me.

TribalWerewolf9, Human, 15 years ago

i agree with the first person shooter and if they do make a MMO of alien then it would be interesting to see wat they come up with. Nut to be honest you must have 2 different faction, like for instance in WOW, u have alliance and Horde, city of villains has the freedome phalanx and arachnos. So maybe an alien and predator game. Different alien hives to choose or different predator clans. But the whole thing would be a bust

delta-boy, Human, 15 years ago

I'd like to think if its going to be a MMO, to be modelled on Planetside from a first-person perspective. With say 3 different forces, Xenos, WY, Marines. Each with it's on objectives on a massive scale battle, with long term objectives being, raising hives for Xenos, wiping out hives and colonising recently destroyed battles and hey, WY's objectives could range from capturing eggs, Queens and even attempting to control a hive, to which the Xenos could be either AI or player controlled. It would make for an interesting game. Come next year, for both Aliens: Colonial Marines and if this makes it's release date, I'll be shotgunning a Xeno in its carapace all year round.

-Bloo-, Human, 15 years ago

MMO? Never. Action-RPG? Of course. Let's see... System Shock, Fallout (best if in the form of the third), Wasteland, Elder Scrolls... uh... I know there were others mentioned in the first page and there are a lot more, but you know where I'm going with this.

Because of BioShock and Fallout 3 I'd imagine games like those two are going to become much more abundant and popular in the years to come, so making an Action-RPG with Aliens and Predator would be a great idea, if not one of the better ones the franchise may see.

Aliens versus Predator 3 or that new Alien RPG could be like that. I wouldn't want it to be a full-blown TPS like Concrete Jungle was. I enjoy the shooter qualites of the AVP games.

DeathWraith, Human, 15 years ago

For an Alien MMORPG you would have to have two different factions of HUMANS. But having just 2 enemies in a MMO of which one is your own species would get old really quick. They'd have to at least colour them differently and that would suck. Otherwise they'd have to go inventing lots of other creatures and that would not be aout Xenomorphs anymore. So Alien MMORPG is not really an option in my mind.

chopper27, Human, 15 years ago

Exactly, I'm thinkin' a first person shooter would fit it better.