Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › What is the best Aliens, Predator, or Aliens vs. Predator game?

Forum

What is the best Aliens, Predator, or Aliens vs. Predator game?

Register or login to post
Scarfacedwolf
2010-03-25 19:48:43
Yautja
I love Aliens vs. Predator 3, Extinction, and Requiem (the game of course,) and I wanted to know what the BEST game is based off of these franchises.
I know what you're thinking.... "He's only a Youngblood! He won't survive!" I hope you're right....
DeathWraith
2010-03-25 21:41:20
Xenomorph

READ THE RULES

A song about me and skull_ripper that I wrote:
"Yeah, uh, yea yeah, uh, yeah, crackers gonna crack yeah, uh, yeah..."
(thats what I have so far hope u like it)
mr_loco
2010-03-25 23:59:20
Undefined
Favorite Alien game, ok I haven't played that many Alien games, but outta the ones I played back in the day, I think I gotta go with Alien 3 for Sega Genesis.
Favorite Predator game, I gotta go with Predator Concrete Jungle.
Favorite AVP game I think to me is AVP 2 for PC....

The first and the new AVP games are really good too, but I think that they're kinda short and quick to beat, specially the new AVP game, that shit is hella short...
WWW.MYSPACE.COM/MRLOCO
WWW.SOUNDCLICK.COM/MRLOCOWGGBOSS
Shadowwall
2010-03-26 11:29:04
Xenomorph
the only ones i played were concrete jungle AVP2 and AVP3 so the AVP serie's i like.Concrete jungle was on xbox
-----------------
You deny the darkness in your soul, you deny your POWER!

TDN
2010-03-27 01:36:35
Human
Best Alien game is Alien 3 on the SNES like everyone's already mentioned.

Best Predator game? Well I've only played Concrete Jungle for a little bit and thought that it wasn't so good.

Best AVP game there's a lot. While I like AVP3 (2010) quite a bit, my personal favorite is AVP2. I loved the class based multiplayer no matter how unbalanced it was. It just gave the game a sense of variety the new one doesn't have. Plus as Aliens you can even play as Facehuggers and Queens.

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
Tam
2010-03-27 07:31:49
Yautja
I dont know it may just be me but I quite like Predator CJ
But the best game from the franchise is definetly AVP3(2010)
Yes i Have the PC originals aswell.
DeathWraith
2010-03-27 07:51:45
Xenomorph
As the extreme conservativist that i am, i still say the first AvP game was the best. No other game got wallwalking and feel of being xenomorh as well as that game did. Haven't played Concrete Jungle because my PC can't emulate a PS2 too well, so i can't say anything about that, but best predator game would be AvP2 for me.

READ THE RULES

Scarfacedwolf
2010-03-29 15:04:12
Yautja
Very interesting games. I'd like to know if Sony or Microsoft will add AVP 2 to the arcade games. lol Thanks guys!
I know what you're thinking.... "He's only a Youngblood! He won't survive!" I hope you're right....
Mebber
2010-03-29 16:32:32
Human
Hard choice, but for me it is AvP2. AvP1 is more scary, but i like the story-presentation in AvP2. I love games with readable notes and that stuff, it makes the whole thing somehow "authentic". I also love the plot of that game, how the three campaigns are connected- it just fits. That's something i really miss in the 2010's AvP. You play the same maps, but there is no real connection. No sign you visited that place earlier in the other species campaigns... and, compared to AvP1, there was no good "WOAH, same map, new perspective!"-feeling...

DW said:
"i still say the first AvP game was the best. No other game got wallwalking and feel of being xenomorh as well as that game did."

That's true. AvP1 is definitely the best Alien-game,
there was just a perfect xeno-feeling...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's all about the payment."
DeathWraith
2010-03-29 20:02:33
Xenomorph
AvP 2 does have a major advantage in that it can be easily modded, just like Half-Life 1. I've played lots of interesting fan made camapins for AvP 2, which just isn't possible anymore for a game like AvP 1, with the old coding and all...

READ THE RULES

TDN
2010-03-29 20:52:38
Human
Mebber, DeathWraith: I'm going to have to disagree with you both on AVP1 best capturing the experience of beign an Alien. First off, I've always thought that AVP2010 was a major improvement in terms of the wall-walking system. I've never liked the fact that you needed to hold down a button to do it. I liked it much better being completely automatic.

And the AVP1's Alien was all about charging through the map like a rhino tail whipping wildly. Not what I would call an authentic Alien experience. Was it fun? Sure it was, and the Aliens actually feels well balanced unlike the later games. But for me AVP2 and AVP2010 actually does better in the whole feeling like an Alien thing.

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
DeathWraith
2010-03-30 05:13:06
Xenomorph
The fact that you have to keep a button pressed is much more realistic than it being automatical, because as an alien, due to gravity, you wouldn't automatically start walking on the walls, you'd have to make an effort. Press the button, you walk on walls, release the button you fall down to the ground, kinda makes sense, no? You grab the wall, you release it.

And seriously, no. You don't have to run through everything swinging a tail everywhere, you will fucking burn, get shot and die if you do that. You have to be very exact and quick. Plus, do you know what a drone's job in the hive is? To kill everything as fast as possible. that's what an Alien should feel like, not like you don't know wtf wall you're on because it's not your choice whether to go up or not.

READ THE RULES

Mebber
2010-03-30 11:12:28
Human
DW said:
"as an alien, due to gravity, you wouldn't automatically start walking on the walls"

and

"you don't know wtf wall you're on because it's not your choice whether to go up or not."

Just turn off the "auto transition" option. That's a good compromise between keep a button pressed/just walk onto a wall.

I really like the Alien-part in the new AvP game, it's just great to lurk in the dark, irritate and seperate your enemies from each other. That's a very good aspect of the alien-gameplay, but sadly it is also the major part... the alien's main combat system is bad (it suits for the predator much better, though), since it's attacks are very slow and somehow pathetic when a marine just blocks you and you have to start a skirmish with a weak human. An alien should be a very agile, fast and extremely dangerous foe, capable of killing one or two seperated marines in the twinkling of an eye and disappearing before any backup arrives. But it's not so. You feel more like you're simply bickering with these weak humans instead of slaying them down.

Ever (as marine) seen an alien performing a pounce-heavy-attack on you? It's just ridiculous, you can step aside placid, watching the alien flying through the air in almost matrix-style slowmotion...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's all about the payment."
Register or login to post
Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners