The Dark ages

supersonicman96, Yautja, 10 years ago

So I was reading some comments by the mods and one of them (I think Peterson) Mentioned a time when there was a dark age. I was curious on some of the things that happened before I became a member or when I was gone.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 10 years ago

I dunno I don't think I was here during that time.

tawganator, Yautja, 10 years ago

When did you join? Come to think of it, when the hell did I join?

Well the first time I joined I had to stop coming here because my dad freaked out when he found out the majority of the people on this site were teenage boys or grown men. My mom was skeptical at least and not to happy at the most so I was gone for a while. I don't actually know how long I've been here :/

Blizzard, Yautja, 10 years ago

WOW your parents a bit protective

Well my mom eventually realized that this wasn't a site full of creeps(if it was I wouldn't even be here) and she actually thinks you guys are cool.

My Dad on the other hand has a problem with guys in general saying anything to me online or offline.

gamefreak33797, Yautja, 10 years ago

Uh...

Your mom might be wrong, we are all creeps.

FireHunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

"The Dark Ages" was a point in time where most of the Mods (This was before I became one) vanished for a while, and the rules weren't being enforced anywhere near as much as they should have been. We got a huge flow of people who did nothing much more than start dramas with each other and flame, and the actual AvP discussion kind of vanished with the old members. That's what I remember of it anyway, it was soon after that I got chosen to become a Mod out of the two candidates from the Hive (The other candidate has left now).

So yeah, that was the Dark Ages.

Also, remove that text under your signature before we issue a warning.

Peterson, Yautja, 10 years ago

Ahh the Dark Ages.... Gather round my young members and I shall tell you a tale as old as 2007....

FH pretty much covered it, there was a grand total of 2 mods running the site without help, it was kinda like fallout new vegas in a sense, the clan leaders were the next best thing to the mods even they didnt enforce shit to be honest it was just a one topic board pretty much, we had an off topic thread that people would post in, that or any other topic was two or members bitching at each other for some clan bullshit drama that they felt the entire 15 active members of the site had to read.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 10 years ago

I don't know that I'd call it "The Dark Ages," more like the Wild West.

From 08-11 it where things got weird. The off-topic thread practically WAS the forum, along with the My Skull and Three Word story threads. I was one of maybe two mods, and the rules were not very well enforced.

It's probably good that things are a tad more ordered now, but on the other hand... It was pretty cool while it lasted.

supersonicman96, Yautja, 10 years ago

Based on what I heard, it sounds awful. (No rules being enforced an what not) Btw, when I was told to get rid of my text, I thought you all meant my newest one, not all of them. I got rid of all of them, sorry for that.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 10 years ago

Fun fact: That whole time period was mainly my fault.

PredAlienWarrior, Yautja, 10 years ago

^I applaud you sir, hahaha. No shame. No shame.

@SSM: Certain people have exaggerated how bad it was. I was around pretty regularly, spammers were banned, etc. Yes, the board got more goofy, but I'd argue that this goofiness is the only reason the board is active today.

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

I get sort of sick of everyone trying really hard to be random.

Well now I know what the Dark Ages was. Or as Deathdrop called it the Wild West XD

@GameFreak

Well everyone here is a likeable creep and my mom's ok with that. If I didn't like you all I wouldn't even be here :)

@Concrete: Yeah, as I said, there were faults.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

Even I left for a while during that time period, but it was more because of all the try-hards rather than the lack of AVP discussion/rule enforcing. Contrary to what some may think, the off-topic threads probably saved this site, or at least preserved it till Prometheus.

Edit: Oh, god. Your parents read my posts?

And your mom approves?

Blizzard, Yautja, 10 years ago

yeah I can just imagine now
DL dad reading Bloo's post now ....
just by looking at your signature I think he would be uncomfortable rofl

Well Blizzard so far my dad hasn't noticed the words in Bloo's signature. My mom did and she laughed and said "Ya'll some sick puppies".

daveberg, Yautja, 10 years ago

See...this is what happened when I left.

Too far gone to right the ship now.......mutiny!