Deathdrop, Yautja, 10 years ago

I feel like Dave and I should have a lightsabre duel for the future of the forum or something.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 10 years ago

Mind if I just sit back and watch the whole battle? I'll stand far enough away and I'll keep quiet.

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

DarkLioness is the volume finger true?

Source: http://youtu.be/lCPygBhCFnU

skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

I'd have a yellow lightsaber just to be contrary, standard colors are boring.

daveberg, Yautja, 10 years ago

It's all good. The site is what the site is, I've learnt to deal with it now. So long as everyone's happy - then we're golden.

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

I don't know, I still think we could talk about more AvP stuff. I also think the Off-Topic thread is just the "Try to be off-topic thread'.

daveberg, Yautja, 10 years ago

^^Trust me, you have my full agreement on that.

But too many people love the offtopic thread, seems without it, the place dies a slow death. It's one of the main reasons I spend a lot of time on other AVP forums, they still talk about the films constantly and always find things to debate over.

I'm a little too old and crusty for the 'let's be random' stuff, lol. Seems popular though.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 10 years ago

The off-topic thread is indeed the try-to-be-off-topic thread, because we really don't talk about AvP that much anymore because all the different generations of members aren't very compatible in that kind of discussion, due to the different levels of understanding and acceptance when it comes to what should and shouldn't be considered possible in the AvP universe. Imagine if no one talked about AvP and at the same time no one talked in the off-topic thread. Who would even come back to a forum where no one's talking at all?

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

Nah, that's completely understandable. Even though I'll defend the off-topic threads till I die, I fully agree about people trying too hard to be random, especially during the first 5 or 7 threads.

Edit: @DW: Yeah, that's why they were necessary during "the Dark Ages."

On the bright side, I think we're finally back to having an on-topic thread every week.