third person or first person

alienxeno, Yautja, 11 years ago

Should the next pred or alien game should be first person or third person and why?

krio, Yautja, 11 years ago

third person

colonial marines alien mode is third person and it works

Kirby-Cage, Yautja, 11 years ago

I would prefer first person but thats just me

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

Why not both?

Kirby-Cage, Yautja, 11 years ago

that would be nice

badapple24, Yautja, 11 years ago

Yeah in skyrim they had the choice and i rather enjoyed it, as for the CM first person because it's a hell lot scarier when your looking directly at something. Aliens and Predator i'd like to be both because some like first person and some like third.

Mebber, Yautja, 11 years ago

First person would be my first thought, at least for horror games- more immersive by nature, i'd say. But on the other hand, Dead Space (1) showed how good a survival horror feeling can come up if third person is used properly, but i don't think that would work for AvP...

this is true Mebber

but they had both in aliens colonial marines and sega was like:in your face motherf*****rs

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

I think 3rd person would be a fantastic idea for a game focused on just one lone Xenomorph stalking the player character. The character is just a civilian or someone not terribly important to the business giants or protagonists of the Alien universe, and s/he has no prior weapons training. "No guns, Bloo?!?! Lame!" you might think. But think Dead Space + Run Like Hell with a little Slender and/or Amnesia mixed in. It's like Gordon Freeman with just a crowbar and a whole lot of lost blood and sanity. The key here would be the intensely dark atmosphere and the special cinematic camera angles. The music isn't really music, just things you think you might be hearing in your head. And water droplets.

Got it yet?

You're welcome.

Mebber, Yautja, 11 years ago

That game idea is fantastic, even if for some reasons i just don't agree with that third-person thing - especially such a game would be great in first-person imho, although the idea with the cinematic camera angle has pretty good points. The loss of sanity reminds me of DCotE. Regardless of the perspective, sounds like a nice idea for a game.

But back to the topic, just thought about the implentation of 3rd person view for the xenos in the mp part of A:CM, and i think it's a real good idea. One thing which always bugged me in previous Alien-games was the wallmove, because of the limited field of view in first person (i know there are many players who mastered it, but anyway). Third person view could be a good way for xenos to navigate better while wallmoving.

On a related note, I'm pretty sure the camera set-up for CM is Third Person for Xenos and First Person for marines. There was one gameplay video where a guy was playing as a marine, running down a corridor when suddenly the camera stops moving. You think the game is bugging out, but then the camera pulls out to reveal a xeno pulling it's inner jaw from the back of the marine's head.

So yeah, I think we're going to see a pretty cool application of camera views in this one.

that is what i said its both.didnt you read my comment?

Titulus12, Yautja, 11 years ago

1st person

@Alienxeno: I didn't, no. Even if I had, I was pointing out some of the uses of keeping it one view or the other depending on what species you play (ie: killmoves that are easy to execute as an alien but which come out of nowhere if you're a marine.), so there was enough new information to justify a new post.

ThePredator13, Yautja, 11 years ago

They should do what skyrim did and let you decide that.

^ I don't think that's a great idea. By restricting Marine vision to 1st person, they keep you from easily seeing behind yourself, allowing the Xenos to sneak up and scare the shit out of you.

well in skyrim 5 they have in the options menu were you can chose if you wanna have 1st person view or 3rd person view

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

What's being said here is that it's not a good idea to let you take advantage of your peripherals for gameplay purposes. I agree, though it can be done right, as is the case with Dead Space and unlike a game like Assassin's Creed (though to be fair, you're supposed to be a badass who knows everything in those games, and they're not exactly horror, so they get a pass).

Though in my point of view 1st person is the best....

Yeah in ES 5 you can click R3 (For PS3 guys and girls) and it can bring you to either first or third person view