Ok! Alien 3

ash, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

So I watched Alien 3 again the other day (first time in a LONG time) And noticed the facehugger that was found with the dead ox was different looking. I then searched it and was said it was supposedly an queen super facehugger. Does this mean that it was Ripley's dead facehugger and not the ox? Also! Why do we only see one egg at the beginning of the film when clearly there was two facehuggers? Or was the egg holding two facehuggers if the queen one was inside? I feel real out of touch right now...

kingalien387, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

i had never saw that befor maby i shouid wach it agan and maby look out for that.but did you see in part one of aliens that when the chestburster was comeing out that the blood got on him befor he started to skrem.see the old movies did not have the stuff we have today so they had to do stuff buy hand. crazy stuff i tell you crazy stuff. but i had heard of eggs haveing to facehuggers.but i had never heard of a facehugger that is a quean.and it can not be that when the facehugger lays its egg inside of someone that it will be the quean beacuse the life cicol of a alien is egg,facehugger,eggs in body,chestburster,drone,worear,runner,pretorean,predortorean,quean,emperor. see it is a life cicol.so i had never heard of a facehugger that is a quean.that is just so cool.but have you ever haerd of a kingaliean?i am going to tell you about him so you do not have to anser.kingalien was created by a sientest that whanted to make a alien that will not heart humans but he will hurt his own kind.and it werked.so he killed every alien in the hive but when he got to the quean the quean was just a littel bit more powerfull to kii him and the day was saved agan by the quean but the sientest sor to make a more powerfull alean to kill all of the aliens.

Wow I am surprised how I understood most of the words you where trying to say... Anyway it's not called a queen facehugger, it's been known to be called a super facehugger. That's the only way the Alien can turn into a Preatorian then a Queen (from what I know?) It's just weird that in the theatrical Alien 3 that the Facehugger was the same as a normal one as they cut out the super facehugger's design. Why would they do this? And can that be the same one that impregnates Ripley?

Waralien, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

As far as cannon goes, it is believed that a super facehugger will produce a queen embryo. Another idea is that the super facehugger actually carries two embryos: one normal, the other a queen embryo. And yet there is another idea that states that any drone/warrior can mature into a Praetorian then later into a queen. This last idea is supported by the Alien vs Predator game that recently came out with 6 transforming in the end (spoiler). I forget if the games are cannon to the actual Alien concept.

daveberg, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

The games are not generally considered to be cannon.

But yes, the super facehugger was said to have been carrying two embryos.

Alien 3 is the most underrated movie in the franchise and deserves more praise - especially the directors cut.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Since the director's cut contradicts the actual canon version, they cannot be both canon at the same time. It's been theorized before that a superfacehugger could possibly hold a queen embryo AND a drone embryo at the same time, so that there's something to protect the queen while she grows inside her own host, since it takes a lot longer than it would for a normal Alien.

I only watch the directors cut, makes far more sense. In the theatrical cut, how on Earth can an alien that size burst form a dog? Physical dimensions of the dog wouldn't allow for that. Poor choice to leave that in the final edit...

It burst as a chestburster, not as a fully-grown alien. Chestbursters are pretty small.

It wasn't fully grown, agreed, but when you compare it to chestbursters in every other film in the franchise, the alien in part 3, not only was it bigger, but also had fully developed arms and legs.

I can totally find it plausible for the alien to be of that size coming from an ox, as it does in the directors cut, as the host is larger itself, allowing more room for the Xenomorph development.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

So far, a Praetorian has never appeared in the films - however, if you're like me and wish it was official, the most logical way to think about them is that the name "Praetorian" is simply given to an underdeveloped Queen/Empress. No special morphing, no "official guard" status... Think of it this way: Teenager = Praetorian, Adult = Queen.

I'd also consider the director's cut of Alien 3 to be canon, mostly for the reasons Dave's already said.

As for the Super Facehugger, I remember a topic from a few years ago that showed the differences - mainly in size - between a normal Facehugger and one that's, well, super. It's entirely possible that it could hold two embryos, being that it was much larger than the standard. Also, it was a scary looking fucker - webbed legs and colored black if I remember right.

http://jimsmash.blogspot.com/2008/12/super-facehuger-maquette.html Here it is Bloo ;)

And yet still the film had not shown a second facehugger that inpregnated Ripley so is it the same one that killed the ox? Plus I would think it was because of the fact the Alien never attacked Ripley, I know she carried the Queen however it must of known some how?
As the Alien is a ultimate survivor it would make sense to hold a second embryo to have it guard the host of the queen due to a longer dormancy?

bloodstriker, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

If any of yall played avp extinction Then u would remeber the option to change the egg to a paterion egg.Also was a upgrade to have 2 facehuugers in 1 egg.And we dont know if the chestburster was a queen from appearcence from last scene it showed riply holding against her chest as they fell into the lava.It looked like a chestburster if any of yall can find a picture of a pateroin chestburster then maybe that would help.

Praetorians don't exist in the movie verse. They were strictly for the games to expand the universe and choice of character etc.

As far as the film goes, you can clearly see the Chestburster is a queen in the bio scan results that Ripley freeze frames - the crown/crest being visible.

@Bloodstriker: The games aren't stated to be canon, so while what you've said may be true, we can't consider it to be an explanation to anything. In my opinion, however, the idea of a Praetorian is one (and maybe the only one*) from the games that would fit flawlessly into the Xenomorph life-cycle, as I've explained in a previous post.

*Technically, "Runners" are what the Dogalien is, so that doesn't count. And nearly every sub-class of Predator/human from Extinction that I can remember is possibly "real" anyway.

Waralien, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I agree with your theory of the Praetorian being the teenager stage of the Xeno life cycle. Much like the Predalien from the AvP:R, It would probably continue to molt it's exoskeleton until it reaches the final stage in its life cycle.

I don't like the idea of the Praetorian being just a queen at all and I've explained before why I support the idea of it being a guard, however... Given that we have Prometheus underway and we are expecting to see what the actual nature of the Alien is, I believe that after, the idea of it being simply a queen will seem to fit in a lot better. One thing I do hope is that Prometheus doesn't invalidate the idea of a runner, or, for that matter, anything else from the original franchise.

If Ridley Scott had anything to do with the films after Alien, there wouldn't have been a Queen Alien at all.

He much preferred the alien morphing idea - ala Alien, the directors cut.

While that's true, at this point, I don't see any reason for him to totally shit on what's been established for the past couple of decades (in the standalone Alien films). The two ideas are able to co-exist in the same universe easily and the fact that both the Queen Chestburster and morphing ideas are possible adds much more to the Xenomorphs.

Though I like the Queen path more in general, the whole morphing deal fits more with the alien/foreign aspect of the Xenomorph's species and makes them much scarier.

That was the beauty of Ridley and Giger - the world they created which bordered on the lines of almost being perverse in some ways, or, perhaps disturbing would be a better word. Truly 'alien' concepts that were beyond the norm of the 'human' standard.

Definitely. The standard that was set for the franchise hasn't been met the same way, I think. On the same level, somehow, yes (only with Aliens if with nothing else), but I don't think it has ever been the exact same since the first film.

The eerie atmosphere of Alien is something to behold, even so many years later. It (and its sequels) certainly has produced many copiers and pretenders... so many now that I fear that both Prometheus and Colonial Marines will, upon release, be dismissed as one of those pretenders by many people I know.

DrDiabloSatan, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

If you notice at the end of the movie when Ripley throws herself into the lava or whatever that when the chestbuster comes out it has arms, but also it has a second pair. Which most certainly dictates it is a Queen Xenomorph.