AVP/AVP Requiem Cause timeline issues for Prometheus?

daveberg, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Prometheus is aiming to be the definitive 'prequel' to Alien and the starting point of the entire franchise.

With that said, both AVP films were set on Earth hundreds of years before the events of Prometheus are set to happen - do you think Ridley Scott has severed all links to those two pitiful entries, or will Prometheus have subtle links/ties to the Earth encounters in AVP/AVP 2?

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I don't he particularly gives a shit about making it all fit; IF Prometheus shows the creation of the Xenos, it'll basically regulate everything else to an alternate universe.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

It depends doesn't it? I mean in the end of AVPR they discover the predator's plasma pistol, does this mean that this technology rockets us forward in our scientific/technological advances? As for the actual events in each movie its easily covered up. I hate using this example, but look at Roswell, because of all the conspiracy nobody really knows what happened.

I didn't really see anywhere in the trailer how far ahead this movie is set, maybe its not that distant because of the captured predator technology. Honestly I'd rather just think of it as: the alien movies have their own timelines which is seperate from the predator and avp movies.

Prometheus is apparently set 30 years before Alien.....

I'd rather this film absolutely destroy the AVP continuity full stop, I hate crossover genres as it is, and to see such mindless crap delivered not once, but twice, I'd be more than happy for those films to be ignored completely.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I've never thought about that. I think alien vs predator arent at all related to either francises. Too many plot holes.

30 years? Damn, well thats long..long after. I'm just going to stick to prometheus is only going to be canon with the rest of the alien movies and not tie into the avp/predator universe.

I know what to get daveberg for his birthday, avp & avpr collecter's edition on blue ray. Haha.

Nooooooooooooooo!!!

(AVP Requiem Blu-ray came as a gift with my PS3 slim...needles to say, I gave it away.)

Lies!

(Why would you give something that precious away?!)

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

As we all know, James Cameron's reaction to AvP was something like this, and Ridley Scott said "I don't know how I feel about it" while being VERY careful with his words. Since they are friends and they have each worked on one of the two best Alien movies - Ridley having even started it all by making the first one - it is likely that Scott shares Cameron's opinion. After AvPR seemed to leave people not only forgetting all about Aliens and Predators, but also WANTING to foget, I think the sensible message to convey would be "please forget about those two amoeba brothers, Alien has nothing to do with them".

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I'd love to see an interview with one of the two with the interviewer starting out with, "Oh, yeah, I'm a huge fan of AVP! Especially the second one!"

I don't really care how anyone blasts AVP's continuity to shit, it's just amusing that it's the originator's doing and by now I'm just waiting to see how he does it (how Prometheus turns out).

Might as well come full circle: Ridley makes a movie that kicks it all off and is a major hit. Other people destory both alien and predator franchises, then Ridley comes back and fixes everything.

Might as well come full circle: Ridley makes a movie that kicks it all off and is a major hit. Other people destory both alien and predator franchises, then Ridley comes back and fixes everything.

I like that ^^

What can I say, the man has a impeccable record for making epic movies.

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

"please forget about those two amoeba brothers, Alien has nothing to do with them".

*bows to DeathWraith*

Well they hit they nail on the head for that one!

predahound, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Im studying cinematography and of course im a huge fan of the frachise, but as far as i can tell all the avps sucked i was mad when i first saw the avp these people fucked up big time two of the greatest franchises i liked the sequel but it has nothing to do with the originals meaning script, storyline, timeline, almost everything.
Now prometheus as far as i saw the trailer i was impacted and knowing who the director was i thought "this is goin to be bad ass" of course scott gives a fuck about the avp and avpr and he will stick with he has done (since the first alien movie) thats all i have to say and this move seems very compromising.

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I think that the plot of any crossover movies in ANY franchise should have nothing to do with the two franchises being pitted against one another except for the characters that are fighting with/against each other (I'm saying this to encompass all franchises) and they should be kept to a mindset akin to "What would happen if these two creatures/characters/whatever should meet each other?".

Although even in that mindset, AvP is still pretty bad, although to their credit the whole Predators hunting Aliens thing kind of worked, deadliest hunter against deadliest prey.

Another thing with "Vs." Movies, is that the original directors of the original movies should more or less collaborate with each other for them so that the movie could actually turn out good and not like the two shit-heaps that we got shoved down our throats.

Opinions on that?

Stalker, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I think Prometheus needs to do the same thing Predators did, just not acknowledge the AvP films at all.

Then maybe, maybe in a few years time we could have a glorious reboot of the crossover.

Stalker u just mentioned something that i wanted to write PREDATORS.
My point is that in the movie predator theres a part where the humans find a soldier's corpse with the chest wide opened, OK that movie took something about the AVP frahchise WHY? i cant tell you this right now but waht i can tell you is that they didn't mind the AVP BUT (there's always a but) they put a corpse wide open by a chestburster why? because they want i'll correct....... They want to follow the avp storyline, they basically wee based more on the videogame rather than the movies.
Thats all i can say from the predators movie and avp franchise

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I'm sorry, did you just suggest that the movie Predator took elements from AvP before predators even EXISTED?

Stalker, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

The dead soldier they found in Predators was NOT killed by an Alien chestburster. The film makers made a conscious effort to avoid referencing the AvP movies entirely, arguably with the exception of the "Enemy of my enemy" line.

no i said that the movie PREDATORS took just a part from the AVP GAMES theres a scene when the mercenaries find a corpse with a chest opened thats all i said