Gaunt, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

That dead mercenaries chest had, presumably, been blasted open/through with a plasma caster. He was a casualtie of a previous hunt if I'm not mistaken (and also the one that set all the booby traps).

As far as I could tell no Xenomorph was involved.

The only part of Predators that made me think 'Oh god here we go again' was when those cages rained down from the sky. I was so happy to know they didn't contain Xenomorphs.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Having a hole blasted in your chest isn't really a unique feature to the games.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

For some reason I'm getting scenes from AVPR and Predators mixed up. I was nearly about to view both movies just to clarify when I realized that was a terrible idea.

predahound, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

need to see the movie again wanna make sure, its better safe than sorry XD

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Here's a thought: Assuming (and it's still an assumption at this point) the EU will be rendered non-canon by Prometheus, will Dark Horse still do stories in the "old" continuity?

Iseijin, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

AvP and their respective individual franchises (Aliens and Predator) has spiraled out of control in the same way Star Wars did. It all started linear and separated, relatively easy to follow, and as the universe (lore) expanded so did the stories; they thinned themselves out so much that in order to sustain their own lore they had to cram it with somewhat plausible fillers - plausible in the sense that it sorta works if you don't think too hard. Now there's so much of everything that it's difficult to tell which is canon and which is AU.

Aliens was fine. Predator was fine. The first AvP was actually not so bad and sorta worked; like two puzzle pieces that are sorta the same color even if you have to force the pieces to fit - could've been done without the human protagonists other than fodder. AvP:R will never be mentioned. Ever. Get some bleach, pour it deep into your brain through your ear, and shake your head to ensure it all gets scrubbed clean.

ash, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I think I read somewhere that it's not at all involved in the timeline of AVP and AVP/R. Also someone said about Predators having a slight AVP moment, Didn't Predator 2 have an Alien skull in his trophy room? Relating the two together.

kingalien387, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

yes it did show a alien skull in preditor 2

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

The slightly bullshit time-traveling thing still totally gets my vote.

If we were forced to keep AVP canon, anyway.

As for the skull in Predator 2, I'm really thinking it wasn't an ingenious plan to mind-fuck the masses... rather, it's more akin to seeing the Pizza Planet truck in every Pixar movie you'll ever watch. It's just there.

...Hopefully to make you say, "Oh, that's funny, I enjoy that movie also," instead of, "HOLY SHIT. Did you see that? That must mean Predators farm Xenomorph Queens and place them in pyramids as a rite of passage for their young in order for them to become marked warriors of their clans BUT they must also somehow time-travel because that's 1997/2004 and Prometheus! AVP AVP AVP"