Last 8 minutes of Prometheus - Alien 'DNA'

daveberg, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

As Ridley Scott has now mentioned several times - this film is not a direct prequel to Alien, yet the final 8 minutes will lead into a very similar 'DNA' of the original film.

What are you all expecting to see in those fatal, final onscreen minutes?

Also, are we all pleased they are exploring the backstory of the Space Jockys?

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

No. I am not. I liked the mystery behind them, I think it created a certain feel about the idea of them that may not match how ridley shows it. I think that having the Jockeys so mysterious is one of the good parts of the film.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I'm thinking we get to find out what how the space jocket/pilot ended up as it did in the beginnings of alien.

As it stands, Ridley has said that we don't actually get to see LV4-26 or the crash - yet the teaser trailer seems to suggest otherwise. You can clearly see a 'derelict' style ship crash landing onto a baren landscape.....

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I still have my doubts about what he says is and isn't gonna be in this - all just a way to really get us when we do see it. By now it's either a genius tactic or very washed up (no disrespect meant).

It's not the first time misdirection via media campaign has been used. Michael Bay has been extremely fond of this whilst doing Transformers:Dark of the moon.

Either way, I think the less is revealed - the better. (Coming from the man who is posting Prometheus news at every available opportunity!)

ash, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Maybe it's going to involve the first Alien egg? something happens that combines DNA to create the first type of Xenomorph? I know Ridley says no Xeno's however his words can me misleading.

jaguargod, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

One version of the origin of the Aliens, and some backstory on the Space Jockey, was published in a series of Aliens short series in Dark Horse Presents comics. Part of the story was that they had a homeworld, and even they had natural predators. It wasn't enough to base a movie on, but it was an interesting perspective.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I'd pay to see what the natural predator of the xenomorph is, other than the predators ;)

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Eh, it was a lizard... wolf... thing. Not terribly exciting. Hopefully they'll jazz it up if it ever makes it to the movies.

Iseijin, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

If the Yautja find out about the natural predators of the xenos then we'll see a collective brick shitting since that'll mean there's something BIGGER and BADDER than their 'ultimate prey'.
No doubt it'll be safari time.

Ridley has now stated in an interview that he enjoyed working on Prometheus so much, he plans on following up with a sequel - does this now mean he'll be expanding the 'Alien' universe and veering off in other directions instead of steering towards Alien....?

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

You guys are like Romania right now, the president says something and everyone acknowledges, then the president says the opposite and everyone agrees that it may be better, then the president returns to what he first said and everyone is in awe at his newfound wisdom.

Ridley said from the beginning that he was going to make TWO prequels to Alien. I don't see why it was even a question whether Prometheus would or would not be a prequel to Alien, since that was the idea with which it all started and I don't understand why anyone would not be expecting him to make a sequel to Prometheus, since that was the original plan anyway.

Money talks. If Ridley can't pull this off, and box office numbers don't meet targets, then you won't get a sequel, that's generally how the movie industry works, or if you release a complete stinker that bastardizes a franchise (I'm looking at YOU Paul Anderson) then it normally cuts things dead.

Thing is, we're all basing this entire movie off of conjecture. None of us even know if this film will have anything even remotely to do with alien besides the Space Jockeys. I think some will be disappointed if they don't go into this with an open mind.

Personally I don't think a 'Sequel to a prequel' is needed, time to stop milking the cow.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

"I think some will be disappointed if they don't go into this with an open mind. "

Unfortunately, that's the reason why many of the "one of the best of the year" films would get bad reviews; the biggest and most recent offender that immediately comes to mind is Drive, where you'd have people going into it expecting explosions every thirty seconds (Transformers) or Vin Diesel fucking someone up in any/every action scene (Fast Five).

Not that those are bad films (I actually enjoyed those two a lot), but it's extremely ridiculous and makes me think the general public are idiots. I mean, go ahead and dislike the movie, fine - but NOT for a reason so unbelievably stupid.

Anyway, I hope this doesn't happen to an Alien film that has a great chance of actually being good.

daveberg, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

From all the MAJOR spoilers i've now read, it looks like the final TWO minutes will be pretty much make or break for most Alien fans......

Some of you will love it, others are going to hate it. I'm going to watch the film tomorrow morning, i'll let you all know my thoughts..........

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

^ That... That statement just makes me want to see it even more.

Praetorian, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Damn, I still have to wait 5 more days...

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

^ I'm in the same boat.

ash, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Lol normally it's the british that get to watch films last. Thank god for a british director :D

daveberg, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Only a couple of hours to go guys. I'm stoked!!