Aliens eye's

concretehunter, Yautja, 13 years ago

So... does anyone know if they have eyes? On the alien 3 cover I can make out what resembles eyes but I am unsure. So the Xeno biology experts give me some help?

DeathWraith, Yautja, 13 years ago

As far as i know, they only have eye sockets.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 13 years ago

Which are just as useful, probably.

DarkSerpentine, Yautja, 13 years ago

They do not have eyes. Their sorta like Graboids only smarter and much more faster. Oh and better because they can hunt anywhere.

What are Graboids? Anyway yea, Bloo is probably right, they seem to have other much more efficient senses that make eyesight obsolete.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

^ Graboids are those underground worm things from the Tremors movies.

In that case Aliens are not at all like Graboids.

predatorgirl, Yautja, 13 years ago

no they don't have eyes which is pretty cool because you dont no were there looking which scares the hell out of you even more!
they only have eye sockets but so dose the predalien.
you just don't see it.

LadyDeathStriker, Yautja, 13 years ago

Graboids would always be owned if they ran into Xenomorphs. Graboids can see by heat because they have no eyes, so can Xenomorphs because they have no eyes. However Xenomorphs are much more better than the Graboid. Oh I wonder what would happen if a face hugged infected a Graboid. Think about!

I am pretty sure neither graboids nor xenomorphs see by heat. I think those are Predators you're thinking of. Xenomorphs have a bunch of senses that allow them to know where you are before you even know where you are.

Cetanu-655, Yautja, 13 years ago

a new born graboid sees by heat while its on the surface. once it turns to its subterranean form it losses that but gains a higher sense of feeling. xenos see bothe with eyes that are hidden under the dome of theyere heads and a very high sence of smell.

a new born graboid sees by heat while its on the surface. once it turns to its subterranean form it losses that but gains a higher sense of feeling. xenos see bothe with eyes that are hidden under the dome of theyere heads and a very high sence of smell.

Shadowwall, Yautja, 13 years ago

Good theory.

Seems to confirm most of what we see in the movies.(games, cartoons, ...)

BloodHarpy, Yautja, 13 years ago

Graboids will still be owned by both Xenomorphs and Predators.

fail. a graboid would more them likely own a xeno due to the fact that a xeno would have almost no idea what hit them after the much larger worm shoots from the dirt and grabs it and swallows it whole.

BloodHarpy, Yautja, 13 years ago

In which the Graboid will still be royaly owned because Graboids have no idea Xenomorphs have acid blood.

No. As i've said, Xenomorphs know where you are before even you do. Xenomorphs don't have eyes, they detect pheromones, electricity and who knows what else and will find you through the most complicated mazes on the first try. A graboid is this thing that sits in the ground and waits for you to step on it.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

I dunno, man. Graboids are fast as shit.

And if not the Graboids, surely the Ass-Blasters will be trouble?

But anyway, back to Xeno eyes (or lack thereof).

Survivor88, Yautja, 13 years ago

If the xenomorph doesn't have eyes how come on, one of the alien comics, it shows alien having eyes.

concretehunter, Yautja, 13 years ago

Pics or it didnt happen.

Gaunt, Yautja, 13 years ago

If Xenomorphs fought against Graboids the Xeno's would probably win.

Firstly Graboids cannot see at all (seeing in surface heat? not seen one do that) and they would most likely die if they consumed a Xeno whole (on account of their acidic blood).

Secondly the Graboid is stuck in the ground and can't get to the Xeno (who learns faster than the Graboids), the Xenos will probably stay on high ground and the Graboids would eventually starve.

And finally, if a Graboid managed to survive against the Xenos and grow it will make itself absolutly defenceless against the Xeno's due to its own natural life cycle, (for those of you who are unfamiliar Graboids have two other stages in their life cycle, Shriekers and Ass blasters, both see in heat and are much smaller than the original Graboids giant worm body, they wouldn't be able to see the Xenomorphs due to them being cold blooded and they both will have lost their ability to sense seismic movement around them leaving them completly open to attack).

Well I think that sorts out the who wins against who arguement :)

Now as for Xenos having eyes I'm not so sure, they have been depicted with eyes recently, might be able to make out the tiny sockets on the AVP 3 game case cover.

http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/164318-avp.jpg

Look at the Aliens head, look like an eye to you?