Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › RPG SETTING DISCUSSION THREAD

Forum

RPG SETTING DISCUSSION THREAD

Register or login to post
Deathdrop
2010-12-04 12:13:53
Yautja
The setting for the upcoming RPG is a planet called "Hades 12," a nasty world with a nastier environment. If the harshness of the planet itself weren't enough, it's also home to Xenomorph hive, mercenaries, warring Yautja clans, and a few nasty native lifeforms.

^ At least that's the general idea. This is the thread where we develop it a bit more to make it a good playable location, as well as work out any kinks in the setting. Bloodharpy has a degree of veto power since it was her idea.

With that out of the way, let's get started: Is this place hot or cold?
PREDATORv2
2010-12-04 12:54:36
Yautja
Last one was set in a desert like location, maybe cold this time? A mix of both?

Deathdrop
2010-12-04 12:57:49
Yautja
I think cold is the way to go as well. Not necessarily snowy, but cold. Maybe there could be occasional flare-ups from underground gasses that cause incredibly hot steam (capable-of-boiling-you-brain hot) to boil up every so often?
ryanwethy
2010-12-04 13:08:44
Xenomorph
I question how big and how aggressive the plant life will be.
"I guess it's safe to say that I just saved the day."
Dr. Bob
BloodHarpy
2010-12-04 13:34:11
Yautja
I like the idea of the cold climate, itís certainly I change from the usual, desert setting, rain forest setting or rocky terrain setting. I think the cold climate idea is perfect.

Plus it wonít effect the whole feuding Xenomorph hives seeing that they can handle the cold quite well. The hot steam flare-ups are a wonderful addition as well. So despite the really cold climate stuff can still survive here. Now about the native life forms, I thinking that one should be a spider like creature with eight legs, six eyes, very fast, the size of Kodiak bears and with a carnivorous appetite. So thatís one life form down any other ideas?
I'm your superbeast!
HeavyDuty
2010-12-04 18:56:30
Human
Cold climate sounds nice. Nasty life form by the way Harpy canĎt wait to see what the other tree are.
"It's not an attitude problem, we are that good."
delta-boy
2010-12-05 11:18:42
Human
I'd say a tundra and bora type climate would be good. With storms, low visibility, it rounds off rather well to our AvP franchise.
AmerthystBlades
2010-12-05 11:32:28
Human
I say fuse the two ideas cold tundra climate with steam vents!
The sound of blade against blade, the sound of metal against flesh, the sounds of pain and triumph. All these I have come to know. The song of death, the song of pain.
Rogue
2010-12-05 15:39:40
Yautja
The cold climate sounds a little like AVPÖÖ.I like it! I have an idea for another deadly life form; a flying bird/dragon looking thing the screeches loudly and is also carnivorous? Oh and what if the spider things were brownish red and the thing I just came up with was kind of pinkish black huh?
"The fight begun would not end until the end."
PREDATORv2
2010-12-06 02:24:47
Yautja
So, are we talking flat lands here or a mountainous region?

Deathdrop
2010-12-06 13:24:57
Yautja
I'd imagine it's pretty flat for the most part, though the gasses beneath would force certain areas up a bit.
BloodHarpy
2010-12-06 13:25:44
Yautja
Mountainous region sounds more challenging though the entire planet is mountainous there are some flat areas around, so you have plenty of spots where you might get blown up by a steam vent! Most of the mountains are made of solid ice some are a mixture of ice and rock and a few others are made of rock. Along with a few rives and lakes that are primarily made up of poisonous gas mixed with water so you canít drink it only the native life can drink it. There are only two non toxic water sources; a river that runs through the territories of the five warring Xenomorph hives and the other is a lake in the territory of the warring group of Bad Bloods. There are some caverns that are really big and deep but the Xenomorphs lives in their so you be able to hide out there, some old buildings but thatís where the Bad Bloods hang out and then thereís the colonist compound but thatís where the few remaining colonists and some war criminals are hunkered down. So on this planet if you want to find a place to hide out for a while the pickings are slim to none. Thereís really no planet life except for brown grass that grows through the ice and rocks, no trees and some weeds that are edible but not really nutritious. There is one sun but it rarely comes up at all but itís dark on the planet but itís not all that light but you can still find your way around without falling down a hole. The third native life form looks like the Licker from Resident Evil except it has six eyes and has six legs and can run extremely fast and will attack and eat anything.

Oh and the average temperature is between -30 to -70 degrees.
I'm your superbeast!
Deathdrop
2010-12-06 17:38:20
Yautja
How is the native life so large if there's no plant life an barely any water? Are they failed WY experiments, or... ?
Register or login to post

Alien Books

Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners