Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

Cool. Feel free to discuss it in the off-topic thread, but I'd like to save this one for discussion of the RPG.

black_warrior, Yautja, 13 years ago

I really don't like the idea of NPC creatures all that much. At least not in being a vital part of the story. It should just be left up to the individual as to what they would encounter and describe.

^ That's the way it'll be. The idea is that there are very few left, and those few are starving and crazed. The context in which they're encountered (if they are) makes all the difference in whether or no they pose a threat.

Basically, encounters with them are optional.

Battlemage, Yautja, 13 years ago

what if there was Dark Matter there and infected creatures, causing them to mutate and go berserk?

Mebber, Yautja, 13 years ago

Well, it's gonna be an alien RPG, not a zombie RPG, so i don't think that would fit.

Sorry, no dark matter. Again, the carnivores are there to provide atmosphere, not to pose any real threat to Xenos/Preds/Marines.

Just as a heads-up, I'll add to this tomorrow.

EDIT: I've been thinking about the first post of the RPG and how it'll introduce the story. I thought it might be cool to start out on the doomed planet, and then work upwards into space. We'll start with the Xenos in their underground Hive, then move to the Marine ship because it's closest, then the fast-approaching Predator and Hybrid ships.

Peterson, Yautja, 13 years ago

So any news as to when this will be put down and we will be able to have our marry little way with it?

I'm having medical issues right now, but as soon as that gets taken care of (ie: when my face doesn't look like I have a basketball crammed into my cheek), I promise I'll start honest-to-God work on this thing.

I know I've dropped the ball on this thing a great number of times, so apologies to anyone who's been inconvenienced. I'll work on this as soon as I have time. Thanks for being patient.

No problem man get better soon!

Thanks! The painkillers are both the best and worst part.

alright so heres a question while we are waiting does anyone mind if i set up an rpg to pass the time? then after mine maybe we could set the hell world up? as an official main board?

I'd have no problem with a mini-RPG in the sparring chamber or something.

hmm how would you like me to go about that? just post it in the sparring chamber or make an RPG topic? personally i beleive it would be easyer to put in its own topic.

I think putting it in the RPG area could confuse some people, but maybe if you labeled it as a "Mini-RPG" or something?

yeah ill make sure and do that tomorrow but as for now i must sleep got a nice little fucking fitness test at 4 am in the fucking morning.

Jesus. Good luck with that.

Yeah wasnt too much fun but whatever anyways i posted the RPG up so yeah ill add you as a mod on it so you can also add people in and help control anything that gets out of hand same with mebber