The "What If?" Alternate Timeline Thread

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

I thought this could be fun.

For those of you who aren't comics fans, Marvel has a series called "What If?" where they take established events in their fictional universe and show what would happen if things had turned out differently.

Basically, take any point in any of the Alien, Predator, or AvP films, and change something.

For example, Ash remembers to lock the doors, resulting in Parker and Lambert being unable to save Ripley. She dies. What happens next? That's just an example. Let's see what we can come up with.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 13 years ago

The franchise ends, AvP never becomes a very popular concept, this site is never created, i never find a home on the internet and never become too fond of it, i never put too much time in World of Warcraft, i never meet this girl from Singapore who gives me a link to snsd, i never go to Korean language and literature studies. Of course, since the concept of AvP doesn't get enough attention to turn into a game, i never become close with my current irl best friends. Basically, my whole fucking life would be screwed if Ripley died at that point.

I know this wasn't your idea, but yeah...

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 13 years ago

I wonder what if;

Parker was able to kill the newborn chestburster at the dining table before being stopped by Ash, allowing it to escape. First thought might be "Well dumbass the movie would have went to a blank black screen with FIN posted across it".

Think about it, with the creature dead, they'd still be able to study the damn thing and successfully transport it back to the company, maybe even adverting the events which occured in Aliens. And Rambo would show up at some point, taking out aliens with bows and arrows! The possibilities would be endless!

IceNeko, Yautja, 13 years ago

For if the face hugger didn’t infect Scar? What if Celtic and Chopper still died but Scar lived and all the humans except for Lex died? Scar and Lex still teamed up and blew up all the aliens and so on. What if the Queen didn’t kill Scar? Then what? Would Scar have left Lex or would Lex have gone with Scar?

Oh btw I still question the sanity of everyone here.

"What if Celtic and Chopper still died but Scar lived and all the humans except for Lex died?"

Wait, isn't this what happened?

"Would Scar have left Lex" yup.

IceNeko, Yautja, 13 years ago

SCAR DID DIE!!! I meant if he didn't get face hugged and the Queen didn't kill him, what would have happend then!

Then AvPR wouldn't have been possible, Predators probably wouldn't have happened and Ridley Scott wouldn't have been motivated to restart the Alien franchise.

BloodHarpy, Yautja, 13 years ago

What if Wolf lived in AVPR? Also what if the dumb bimbo Jesse died long before anyone knew what was going on? Maybe then the movie would have been spared the dumb ass screaming of and idiot. Talk about a stereotype helpless girl/woman runs and shoes cleavage and her nearly bare ass.

Then i'd have given the movie a 4/10 in stead of a 7.5

DarkSerpentine, Yautja, 13 years ago

^Typical male. I guess you would reduce the score because of the lack of nudity? Jeez you sure your not my brother’s roommate?

AmerthystBlades, Yautja, 13 years ago

*sigh* DeathWraith I'm hanging my head in shame right now.

Back on topic.

delta-boy, Yautja, 13 years ago

What would of happened if Lt. Gorman hadnt of frozen up at the console in Aliens? Would more of the Marines been alive to guard the area they holed up in?

What if Burke hadnt of locked the door before Ripley and the Marines could get through, would the Xeno have killed any possible major characters, or would it have been gunned down and the following characters escape to the dropship with Bishop? (Burke, Ripley, Gorman, Hudson, Vasquez, Hicks)

Mebber, Yautja, 13 years ago

What if this stupid facehugger wouldn't have damaged the Sulaco's systems with its acid blood at the beginning of Alien 3.

The Sulaco wouldn't have been deytroyed, and Ripley had never crashed on Fury 161. The ship would reach earth without further incidents, and Weyland-Yutani would be standing by to 'welcome' Ripley and the queen embryo inside her chest...

So basically it would remove the third movie from the timeline and skip right over to resurrection?

...And what if,

Nah actually I'm going to answer the Gorman incident. I'm thinking with an experienced commander, dare I say one who in some why had combat experience with the aliens I'm thinking more of the troops would have survived, however I'm almost positive the reactor still would have gone critical because of the gunfire in the nest. Honestly it might have just saved a few more lives, the events would stil unfold the same.

"So basically it would remove the third movie from the timeline and skip right over to resurrection?"

Not necessarily. The situations would be different.

Example: This mad scientist let Ripley alive because he was fascinated by her nature as a cloned alien/human-hybrid. But i can't see any reasons for WY to let her alive in the "What-if" scenario, she's just an unwanted witness. And she can't defend herself while she's in cold sleep...

And it was always Ripley who averted a potential disaster for earth, and without her - I think the chances of an alien infestation of earth would be quite high in this what-if scenario...

Thing is, I don't believe they'd bother keeping Ripley alive. Especially since at that point the company had not been able to study the alien species in great detail, as they were able to in the 4th movie. There would really be no need for Ripley other than to bear her child the queen.

Might also have help the company stay in exsistance, seeing how in alien rez Weyland was bought by walmart and the government took over alien bio weapon research.

delta-boy, Yautja, 13 years ago

Would WY dispose of Bishop, Newt, and Hicks aswell? Surely Hicks cant be touched, seeing as the USCMC would investigate it. Also, any bad behaviour could be viewed over the ships cameras.

I was under the impression that the CMC and WY were in bed with each other, at least in the upper levels.

It is standard CMC procedure to assign a synthetic to any USCMC squad, and Bishop was clearly a WY model. Assuming the military uses multiple standardized models like they do with any other kind of equipment, there'd be a WY android on almost every CMC spaceship. Given this grade of influence into the military, i don't think WY would have to fear a CMC investigation...

Can you imagine a Xeno infestation in a high-rise? What a mess...