Site Improvement Brainstorming Thread

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

This is an experiment.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 13 years ago

You've finally gone off the deep end there mate.

Ok, a bit of explanation is in order: There have been several new members signing up over the last few days, but none of them actually post anything. I've decided to try to get one of them here to see if they're just confused or what.

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Yautja, 13 years ago

...I think I got lost. Is this the RPG planning thread?

Angus_Alien, Yautja, 13 years ago

LOL

DeathWraith, Yautja, 13 years ago

Welcome Angus, are you new here?

delta-boy, Yautja, 13 years ago

Hi, I'm new here, can anyone explain the rules to me in a simple fashion that even a simple n00bie like myself would understand so that I dont post worthless amounts of pointless topics?

-Thanks!

Guys got to quit spamming the hell out of every thread you post in.

Everyone who's posted thus far has been an old member. In other words, dozens of people a month are joining the site, and then never visiting again.

WHYYYYYYYYYY?????

delta-boy, Yautja, 13 years ago

SOMEONE (not pointing any fingers) is scaring them all away!

Except that this has been going on for a hell of a lot longer than this thread has existed.

Angus_Alien, Yautja, 13 years ago

Yep! I just joined! ;)

Peterson, Yautja, 13 years ago

So we need to find a way to thicken our stream of members. brainstorming begins now! this afternoon i will have a twitter account set up for the website so that may or may not help but lets hope for the best!

Blasphemy Angus!

Anyways you can point your fingers at DW, we've all come to understand that he is a complete dick.... Haha. Okay look sorry mate you do contribute in your own unnecessarily 'rambunctious' manner.

The real reason is why come to this site when you've got AVP galaxy, a site who can get interviews from people who make the movies we love. Exclusive content from games, etc.

I'm not trying to advertise for em' down with avpgalaxy, but we should all be aware of the facts here. What we need to do is offer to new members something new and something they can't get from any other avp/predator/alien fansite.

Let the brainstorming begin!!!

Segador_Muerte, Yautja, 13 years ago

Well I am an old member that left but has returned to help out, I know a few places where people are thirsting for alien vs predator roleplaying. Places like Gaia and possibly Bebo, Gaia would be better, I see much more better roleplayers there then Bebo.

A search button. The front page is pretty confusing with its many buttons in many directions on many rows and collumns, so having the option to do a quick search would be pretty useful for someone who came here looking for something in particular. Also, when you click the Forum button, you end up in an endless list of randomly ordered threads, not in any useful way categorized. It could also be Malus' new army, though.

BloodHarpy, Yautja, 13 years ago

That would really help.

Shadowwall, Yautja, 13 years ago

That's a fact

It's a thing we can't deny.

Peterson, Yautja, 13 years ago

I said it before and i will say it again. We need to find a way to impliment a private messaging system into the forums. If we had that it would make things easyer when it comes to comunication throughout the members.

Possibly we can start redoing the Newsletter? im looking at the newsletter box right now and cant remember the last time i got one.

Mebber, Yautja, 13 years ago

A restructured and more well-arranged forum with subcategories and more of the usual forum options like PN's, a search option and implanted options for making links etc., and maybe even displayed smilies. Such stuff could make newcomers feel more comfortable in our little place.

And maybe more facts. What i mean is we have all these nice buttons and categories over there, like encyclopedia, movies, games, books etc., but they're not very enlightening. If we could make this site to some kind of informational hub about the franchises, games and movies, more people would stay here.

The idea behind this is that i guess if someone's new to the franchise and wants to inform himself about it, this place isn't very interesting for him. But if we'd provide him with the informations he is searching for, he'd probably stay on the site and potentially join the forum community.