The insane question: Why are the AvP movies so cheesy?

hish, Yautja, 13 years ago

Ive fineally found out why the avpaap movies are cheesy one word.... Age

think about it when was A and P and AVP movies made

alien vs predeter 2004

alien vs pedeter 2 2007

alien 1979

a2 1986

a3 1992

a resurection 1997

p 1987

p2 1990

the_doctor, Yautja, 13 years ago

you can't be serious.

okey i think i finised it if you guys see anything wrong with my 1rst reply when i say this i mean grammer, splellig or factual isues let me know and ill change it

Kidd, Yautja, 13 years ago

My own personal oppinion on this matter is...

I just recently watched the movie, Ironman 2. To tell everyone the truth, I was quite disappointed in that movie, because they watered it down with some newer stuff, such as, a second Ironman. I mean, really you got to be kidding me.

In other words, it goes the sameway with the Alien, Predator, and AVP franchise. We've seen the potential, and once we have, we expected more from the original. No, instead, they added on by putting in their crazy ideas in which they thought would make it better. It's not.

Avatar, a great movie in my oppinion should never have a sequel because it showed it full potential on its release.
Star Wars, the reason why that Saga thrived is because it was all written and directed by the same person. George Lucas had a vision of Star Wars and he pushed forward by using what he used in making the first movie, A New Hope.

AVP... It's a piss poor excuse of a movie. You take the ideas of hundreds of people, mix them in a bowl with up-to-date sound effects, computer graphics, and a tight budget, you got yourself a movie which acts like a double-edged sword. You don't know it will thrive or die.

Predators... I might go out and see the movie soon and once I do, I'll find a topic to post my own review on the movie.

P.S. I still have not made an effort to see the movie, AVP:R.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 13 years ago

Are you trying to correlate the fact that the older the movies are, the better they are? Hmmh, dunno might have some substance to it.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

I don't understand what your point is, Hish.

The fact that the AvP's were made more recently has nothing to do with it. The originals aren't better because they're old; they're just better written, acted, directed, etc.

BloodHarpy, Yautja, 13 years ago

Well I think we're all agreed that AVPR was a sorry excuse of a film and a wast eof time, money and brain cells. And it was cheesy in my opinion seeing as the fight in the sewer could only be seen by noturnal animals.

^ Yes, but that has nothing to do with it's age. It was just a shitty movie.

CrazyCarlito12, Yautja, 13 years ago

AVPR sucked and it sucked hard. I mean really how do you fuck up a movie? Replace the director that's how you fuck up what could have been a good movie!

Survivor88, Yautja, 13 years ago

Also alien didn't come out 1977 it came out 1979.

Hunter_Predator, Yautja, 13 years ago

I'll agree that there are some cheesey points in the AvP movies, especially in AvP 1, it was cheesier however I dont think I have to explain why it was better than AvP-R in this company lol.

I stand by predator 1 being my favorite of all the franchises.

Predator was good and Alien was good. Avp was good Predators was better. I heard Nimrod Antal is doing another Predators except I think it's a prequel.

thanks survivor88 I have just changed it

LadyDeathDealer, Yautja, 13 years ago

Predators was a great movie!

the_doctor, Yautja, 13 years ago

Actually just to throw something in here. I've come to realise that AvP:R is a pure exploitation film. No name cast, cheesy acting, illogical action. its all there. Which really when you look at it...what do you expect from a "Vs." movie. all of them are exploitation films.

As for the original post in this thread. I have no idea what you are talking about. age has nothing to do with anything concerning the quality of either franchises.

CrazyCarlito12, Yautja, 13 years ago

The would explain the shitty plotline

^Yeah that does explain alot about why everyone hated the movie. But it was still bad all together, I've seen SciFi channel movies better than AVPR.

WarBlade, Yautja, 13 years ago

Damn that's bad.

k then deathdrop sorry for replying so late here is what im talking about

1. i was talking about grafics

2.the reason is that evolution in tech was too late for that movie they had to film the old fasion way some dude had to get in a costume and actully do the stunt nowadays since the tech is more advanced it takes some of the waight off the actors so to speak
the camera and the set does more of the work

3. personally I dont care how the movies were written as long as thers acton, blood and gore im fine with it

The fact that special effects technology has come so far means there's even less of an excuse for AvPR to look so shitty.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 13 years ago

I'm pretty sure the issue about a guy in a suit doesn't apply to the alien and predator franchise AT ALL. Because as far as i know, the preds have always been a guy in a suit and the aliens have never been a guy in a suit.