Black Super Predators Or Regular?

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 13 years ago

"The "Black Super Predators" are genetically mutated "Yautja" that will be featured in the new 2010 movie "Predators."- Xenopedia

Simple question; which is better and please give us a little detail in why you think its so.

I can't help side with the good old predators, but these genetically engineered ones should be interesting to see. Funny, but it seems plausible to me for there to be a group of predators like this, always seeking to better themselves for the next hunt.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 13 years ago

Black...? Why black? What's this obsession for black things? The "new, cooler" black facehuggers from AvPR failed miserably to get noticed or to improve the quality of the movie. I don't know what to say about this, i was already pretty disappointed that there were new predators, it doesn't help that they are specifically black. But yea, it kinda makes sense that some preds would seek to improve their performances through any means available. I just don't see how being black helps them with that.

Battlemage, Yautja, 13 years ago

you racist...
lolz kidding

Shadowwall, Yautja, 13 years ago

Indd but I vote for the old ones cause geneticly superpower yourself sounds more like, I GOT THA POWER ! xD

The old ones are good and respectful hunters, they don't need such a powerup for them to be epic.
I hope in the movie I can see such a scenario where one normal predator owns the super "Black" ones

AmerthystBlades, Yautja, 13 years ago

I don't see anything wrong with black I like the color, my horse is black and my best friend is black. Now about the new Predators from the trailer on the movie website they don't look black to me.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 13 years ago

I think "black" refers to the color of the lead Super Pred's mask rather than the color of their skin, which looks more green-ish than anything.

So no need to worry about this becoming a Michael Bay movie.

Amerthyst, black is not a color and humans aren't really black.

Mebber, Yautja, 13 years ago

Black Mutant Super-Predators?

YEAH! Can't be wrong to improve a franchises' quality by replacing the boooring old main antagonists with better Supermega-antagonist, right? Worked always well in Dragonball-Z!

Let's hope ridley scott will learn a lesson from that. Would be funky if he'd also introduce new mega-aliens in his new movie... the old ones are sooo lame. Maybe cool new spacejockey-xeno-hybrids with four arms, three blade-shaped tails and a new organ located in their mouth to shoot BFG-like plasmabolts at their enemies. The ol' second bit was lame anyway, it's time for something new.
Man that would be fucking awesome!

Ander after this two movies, the highlight will come for sure:

EXTREME Killapredators vs. ULTRA-Aliens vs. Son-Goku!

I can't await to see the new Predators-Movie!!!

Mebber, really now, it's just wrong to tell Ridley Scott how to make an Alien movie. Because you know, he actually made the GOOD one.

Battlemage, Yautja, 13 years ago

cant wait till tomorrow!!!!

AmerthystBlades, Yautja, 13 years ago

Oh yeah! My fiance is buying the tickets.

black_warrior, Yautja, 13 years ago

Black predators are gonna be better. No question. See that ^. BLACK Warrior, and I'm amazing, so....that's it. end of discussion.

haha, just kidding. god it feels good to be back.

cleticyautja, Yautja, 13 years ago

i really cant decide between the two types.

After seeing the movie, i'd like to say - the black predator is really something to talk about.

^ He didn't seem particularly "super,” but that face... What the hell happened?

I figure he's deformed or something. Maybe it's the predator equivalent to Harlequin Ichthyosis. I get the feeling that the other two may have been more normal looking (by predator standards, anyway).

I think the BSP's (we've gotta find a better name for them) were a different subspecies of Yautja that have different features, and Mr. Black was just had a particularly fucked-up face.

Well the first time i saw his face i thought "Holy shit is that Cthulhu?" Maybe he was a female...

But uh, the audio was very bad at some points in the version i saw, did Morpheus say that the bigger ones hunt the smaller ones or something like that?

Yes, but I wouldn't put too much stock into what he said. He WAS nuts after all, and only saw what was going on on that planet.

Could be this group of BSP's were bad bloods or something. Or female, as you said, which would also be interesting.

hish, Yautja, 13 years ago

in avp3 the game i saw these cool new elite predeters. they looked like the old predeters, onley they wore red armor and they had this little bulb thingy on there mask that kinda looked like a third eye. Of course i could be just seeing things, but it still was cool.

Survivor88, Yautja, 13 years ago

Maybe the predator aka black predator, eyes are a new predator technology and it being so big and green it could be some predator freak of nature or a predator female.

BloodHarpy, Yautja, 13 years ago

Well female predators are bigger than males or so I read in Alien vs Predator:Prey. I haven't seen the movie yet so really this is all I got.

It's also possible they're a different species. There were, at one multiple human species, so things just played out differently on the Pred homeworld.