Ridley Scott Dishes Details on Alien Prequel

tashux22, Undefined, 13 years ago

Wow take a look at this.

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1637638/story.jhtml

This confirms AVP is not canon.

DeathWraith, Undefined, 13 years ago

It's fundamentally about going out to find out 'Who the hell was that Space Jockey?'

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Shadowwall, Undefined, 13 years ago

So the space jockey mystery will be finally revealed.
I'm looking forward for the moments were the Aliens break free and take control muhahahahaha

Nice another movie of the real Alien movies.

mr_loco, Undefined, 13 years ago

Nice read, but Ridley doesn't say that AVP is non-cannon, that's MTV calling it nonsense... Also Ridley has said in the past that he wished he was involved in the AVP movie. Anyway this looks cool, hope he makes a good one here and I really hope it's not as slow as his original Alien movie. I know Alien is a classic and a very epic movie, but I still prefer Cameron's version with the action and more suspense...

cleticyautja, Undefined, 13 years ago

the one thing that made the aliens,space jockeys,predators is that no one knows much about them.

So i guess were all gonna know hows the aliens and space jockeys started.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 13 years ago

It's pretty bad when MTV can call your product nonsense...

But anyway, I don't think Ridley Scott would have his name attatched to it if he thought it was going to suck.

WarBlade, Undefined, 13 years ago

agreed

I don't think this is the right project to criticize, from any point of view. This is Ridley Scott working with Giger. I mean... That's pretty much the best we can ask for, considering the situation.

TDN, Undefined, 13 years ago

I'm still quite optimistic for this. Like everyone said, it's Ridley Scott producing alongside Giger. Whatever we get, at least it'll have some semblance of quality. Although I am one of those who would prefer the Space Jockeys remain unexplained, so we'll see hwo this turns out.

Hell let me just say this, there's no way it can get any worse than AVPR can it?

Again, not with Scott's name on it. He's never come out and said it, but he's heavily implied in interviews that he dislikes the AvP's.

So however this ends up being, we can probably expect it to be better than either AvP. I'll admit that's not saying much, but it's at least a good start. Giger's involvement certainly sweetens the deal.

ChrisP, Undefined, 13 years ago

I guess now we can expect 2 Prequels guys. ;) An update on HitFix confirms that there will be 2 prequels, but not shot back-to-back.

Also, the "hunt" for those Jockeys may turn over a new leaf and open more that we could have imagined regarding the Alien.

Ridley sis state he was going to focus more on the "roots" of what made the Alien in the first place, focussing more on the Facehugger.

It should be interresting. ;)

More focus on the facehugger? That could make for some serious nightmare fuel if done correctly.

That thought reminds me of the AvP1 Marine levels. No saves... Just darkness...

Maybe they're trying to give more time to the different stages instead of stampeding right to the adult stage. New forms are a good idea; we're too used to the drone.

Imagine if they would have a partially-grown chestburster (think "goat fetus from hell") running around...

I hope there's only a few Xenos, though; that way they have to have half-decent human characters we can actually care about instead of some pizza-delivery boy trying to get laid.

Above all though, I'd like to see the series get back to pure mindfuck territory the original was.

I hope they only release creature concepts after the movie is released... I don't mean they shouldn't show a glimpse of the new older aliens in the trailer, but they should be very discrete even with that. I hope conceptual art by Giger only becomes available after the movie is already in theatres.

WarBlade, Undefined, 13 years ago

I agree with Deathdrop. I would be cool if we could actually see the Xeno's sheading their skin instead of seeing it jump from someone's chest then see it fully grown.

I just hope this is better than AVPR AVP was good but AVPR?! I want all my fucking money back piece of crap!

It's literally impossible to make it worse than AvPR unless they're flat-out TRYING ti screw things up.

Repeat after me: Scott AND Giger... Scott AND Giger...

AmerthystBlades, Undefined, 13 years ago

Depends of the director's. Now if Paul Anderson had directed AVPR it would have been a great movie and people wouldn't still be pissed off about it. I'm still pissed. And then if anyone watch's the special features on the DVD you'll here Paul Anderson say that several people before him tried to to and AVP but they couldn't deliver a good storyline. So I just wanna say one thing. Who the hell thought those two idiots who directed AVPR had a good script in the first damn place? The entire cast except for the lady with the kid was all stupid, the aliens were just to slow and the Predator was a little too umm slow also.

btw who directed AVPR? It was two brothers or something right?

I don't like you. I don't like you at all. At. All. Atall.

AmerthystBlades, Undefined, 13 years ago

What?!

Don't worry about him.

I thought AvP was also pretty terrible, but my point is that we don't need to worry about history repeating itself when you've got two very talented people working on an Alien solo flick.