Predator remake!!!!

cleticyautja, Yautja, 15 years ago

i just got some reports off viginmedia saying Robert Rodriguez will try to remake the 80's film.
this is wht they said"According to reports, Robert Rodriguez is to produce a remake of 80s action extravaganza Predator, with a group of mercenaries fighting - get this - multiple monsters in the jungle. So... does this mean they'll have to clone Arnie?"
do you think it's a good idea

Gaunt, Yautja, 15 years ago

Sounds like a good idear, It would be good to see anouther Predator film.

heres the link
http://www.virginmedia.com/movies/movieextras/top10s/ban-the-remakes.php

black_warrior, Yautja, 15 years ago

I hate this idea, i actually got word of this in the clanroom last week.

God, they are gonna keep going with the franchises...Necrophiliacs.

true i mean why make a remake when instead make predator3

the_doctor, Yautja, 15 years ago

terrible idea, its been floating around for ages, remember the john cena rumors?

predator428, Yautja, 15 years ago

"Screw thinking up new ideas, lets just re-release movies that have already made and milk the last drops of money we can from these idiots!"- Semi-loose quote from the Fox board of directors.

TITANOSAUR, Yautja, 15 years ago

I lost all hope for FOX. only way I will except them remaking the movie is if the original directors where directing it.

besides. I read that FOX actualy has no interest in making a Predator movie or remake. they are wanting AVP3 to be made.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 15 years ago

The thing is, Fox is out to do only one thing: make money. The idea sickens me, it will only cheapen the original Predator movie.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 15 years ago

FUCK.

Now that that's out of the way, I can safely say that I despise this idea with a passion. I'll take a sequel, reboot, restart, whatever... But not a remake of the original. It won't work. It CAN'T work. It is disrespectful to even try.

Predator was made in 1987. This movie is 22 years old. It DOES NOT need to be re-made. Today's audiences do not need every single movie re-made because they can't handle non-CGI special effects.

Words cannot describe how much I don't want this to happen.

I have to agree with you Deathdrop.

Auto_Pred, Yautja, 15 years ago

We dont need a Predator remake, we dont need another AVP sequal, we need a Predator 3 with Arnold returning as Dutch.

alien-drone, Yautja, 15 years ago

if they go through with it it will probably be rubbish so why try

StoneHeart, Yautja, 15 years ago

Yep Auto Pred, that would be a good idea, but he might have to get in shape again though.

Stalker, Yautja, 15 years ago

According to a recent report on AVPGalaxy, a "contact" inside Fox stated that there are no plans for a Predator remake.

Until we get any sort of confirmation, I will continue to take all of these as pure rumors & nothing more.

To be honest, I think all Alien & Predator movies should be put on hold, for several years at least. Since 1997 both franchises have been dragged through the mud, so I think it's about time Fox leaves them alone for a while.

well i just got it off viginmedia if anyone checked the link.

i want a predator3 movie to be made and it has to have the predator getting the gun back.succesfely.

I say Fox should stop making the movies intirely. face it people. movies aren't as good as they used to be. they always want CGI. and if they want they will remake every movie with a shitload of CGI.

thats the problem with Movies today. too much CGI and not enough story. don't get me wrong, Transformers, Godzilla (1998), and the Jurassic Park movies where pretty good. but movies like Alien and Predator aren't movies that should have CGI.

xeno_slayer, Yautja, 15 years ago

i will lose all respect for this franchise if john cena plays dutch.

well the aliens in AVP were real.yes they were anmatronic(cant spell it)they only thing that was cgi is.... actually i cant bother writing a lot of it.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 15 years ago

"say Fox should stop making the movies intirely"-

I wouldn't back that, Fox has produced a ton of a good movies. The CGI if used correctly is a very powerful tool its just been so misused presently. Directors rely on CGI to bail them out of scenes that would either take too much time or money to do otherwise.

I would love to see another predator movie, just not a remake. Remakes are for movies that were decent or poor, whether its because of lack of money or bad directing. Like the Rambo series, if you've seen the first Rambo and compare it to the new one, the new Rambo wins hands down. Sometimes remakes work very well, but not with movies like predator which were great classics on their own.

TribalWerewolf9, Yautja, 15 years ago

*nods* he has a point. but a remake would be a good reboot and if they do it will probably be to test the credibility and fame the predator series still has or their just retards who think it'd be cool to make another horrible movie. not saying i didnt like avp 1 and 2. I mean seriously the only reason fox made it big was from Independence Day. I show more respect for that movie than any other. Make one like that for predator or alien and BAM!!!instint fame baby