AVP3 movie? Noooo!

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 15 years ago

According to this website The site the Strause brothers "for the next film, they want to take the action back into space.". Is anyone else as disturbed as I am, about the Strause brothers making another AVP film?

DeathWraith, Yautja, 15 years ago

it's gonna take a lot more effort to convince myself that it's a good movie...

shadowatching, Yautja, 15 years ago

I still say, that they need to part the two and take it back up later. Yea, its a good thing they did it the first time, but what about the other skulls, one looked like it was a t-rex.

Or the preds going after W-Y corp to get the plasma gun back.

alien-drone, Yautja, 15 years ago

i think they should get in a different director to make the film

xeno_slayer, Yautja, 15 years ago

i just want to see aliens/preds beating the shit out of eachotehr.

frankly i dont care who directs it.

Oooooh, i remember the time when that was my attitude as well... good times, good times...

But then all the nice people here had to make me notice how shitty AvP actually was ;_;

tropic, Yautja, 15 years ago

this rumor was around just after the 2nd movie......aint goin to happen any time soon im afraid.

lets hope we get a decent script and a decent director next time out.

Sam-Jack-Dunn, Yautja, 15 years ago

Just get prayin, you lot. Pray that they bring in Ridley Scott or Jimmy Cameron.

donut, Yautja, 15 years ago

I think the reason we hate the AvP movies so much is because we keep expecting another Aliens, or Predator. Sadly, that won't happen. The classics are ALWAYS going to out due anything they spit out now. On their own, the movies aren't HORRIBLE, but they aren't that great. They are entertaining, though.

"we hate the AvP movies"

I don't hate AVP, that was an actual movie, I enjoyed it a lot. I hate AVPR because it was marketed as a full feature film, when it barely passes off as a fan film on youtube.

Sure the effects were good, and the predator/alien suit design/weapons were done very well...But what killed the movie was it's poor...POOR!!!! acting. EH, did I mention the poor acting and actors?!

the_doctor, Yautja, 15 years ago

oh yeah the poor acting killed it but what do you expect? AvP-R did turn quite a profit...i wouldnt be suprised if that evil company 20th century fox greenlit another one. to them its just a cash cow like all films from major studios.

Doc, I feel so used! Damn you Fox!

Lone_Hunter2, Yautja, 15 years ago

yes the acting was poor in AVP-R, but the strause Bros brought the action back into it after AVP (which had dam good acting but stuff all action) remeber it was there first time directing a major film and yeah they werent perfect but at least they didnt let Fox fully fuck up the movie (FOX apparently wanted to make the Predalien act more "PRED" like, using predator weapons, tech and skinning preds.) so after hearing that who here wants to thank the Strause bros?

Would alien or aliens be the legends they are if they had as poor acting as AVPR? Even with all the action, gore, and horror if those movies had the piss poor acting AVPR had, they'd just be another of the millions of C horror sci fi movies.

You can't hide shit-ass acting with special effects, as AVPR being the perfect example. As soon as I start watching the movie, seeing the preds and the aliens. I think gee, this could be a great movie. BUT as soon as they show the people acting, it just ruins the movie for me, I honestly have to fast forward through it.

With AVP I can sit down and enjoy the whole movie. I'm not saying that AVPR didn't improve predator culture or weapons, I'm just saying its a shit ass movie because of the human acting.

Xenomorphbane, Yautja, 15 years ago

well good luck with this one.

either its gonna be the worst one yet, or the best one.....

.....leaning on the worst...........

I actually like the action in AvP more than the one in AvP-R. AvP-R was continuous action and it felt really good, but AvP had some epic scenes - 3 epic scenes: the attack on the humans in the beginning, the fight with grid and the fight with the queen. AvP-R also had that thing when Wolf... punched... a xenomorph...

predatoress, Yautja, 15 years ago

"You can't hide shit-ass acting with special effects"

This is the truth and only but the truth.

They should've also left all the teenmovie clichés off from the movie, but no... I just kept waiting when the guy (or girl, can't remember 'cos I watched the movie with fastfrward) from Scream of Halloween jumps in there too.

I've lost hope with the AvP series.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 15 years ago

Speaking of new AVP games... Where the hell is Colonial Marines? I haven't heard of it since its supposed release...

Xenomorphbane, Yautja, 15 years ago

just for the record.....id think we are talking aout the games. we were talking about the movies.

but yea, colonial marines. WTF???? wasn't the release supposedly in november?

Lone_Hunter2, Yautja, 15 years ago

yes I know AVP-R had shit ass acting i hate the acting just as much, but at least it's not a total failure (refers to FOX's intent on the predalien)

xeno_slayer, Yautja, 15 years ago

i liked avpr. a lot

:P